Is it normal to feel like this?

So i was heading home and i saw someones car breaking down in front of me at a red light

I wanted to stop and ask if he needed hlep but i was on a tight schedule

I still feel bad and wished i could have helped.

Dude looked seriously depressed getting out his car

I know i would greatly appreciate aid if i were in his shoes.

#feelsbatman

*sigh

frown.gif

Yep.

But YOU gotta do what you gotta do. Im pretty sure there were a series of events, that could have been prevented, that led up to that moment for that guy. Isn't like his brand new 2013 car just broke down.

If it makes you feel any better, I'm pretty sure someone not pressed for time helped him.

I'm usually the type to stop and help people. The most recent time that I didn't stop to help was a situation similar to yours, and yes I felt kinda bad. I was in a bad mood and I didn't feel like going out of my way because the guy was in a safe area during the day.
Helping is the noble thing to do but by no means are you obligated to help someone. I felt like scum typing that
laugh.gif
but it's the harsh truth of life. When I had a blowout on the interstate not one soul reached out to me
laugh.gif
tough but that's life, expect no favors.

When me and my friends go on road trips, we have a pact to help anyone we see in those situations.

But when I'm on a schedule... I'm on a damn schedule. You're alright OP.

Reminds me of a time when i saw a guy trip while walking into the train station. he was old and all his stuff fell all over the place. I heard my train coming and I couldn't be late for work so I picked all his stuff up and put next to him so no one would take it, said sorry and ran down the stairs. Felt bad for not doing more but I couldn't risk my job at that time.

Lol feeling slightly better after i read the replies. I only feel like this because i have helped a couple once whose car broke down next to me at a light too some years ago. They offered to take me out which i declined, but the feeling was
pimp.gif

couple of weeks ago, I was in the restroom at school (college). some dude was asking for help from the handicap stall. like literally yelling for help. there were at least 10 people who had been in there since I was there. everyone ignored him. So I felt compelled to help him. I yelled out , "YEAH" just so that he could know that someone was going to help him. I finished taking a piss. asked him what did he need help with. He needed me to pull up his pants for him(his pants were down, he was sitting on the tilet). so I did. that was that.

coincidentally, the next day. I was taking a piss again. On the way in, I saw a wheelchair. wasn't the same dude.
laugh.gif
but this guy asked for toilet paper. I got him a bunch, rolled it up, and threw it in his stall. Dude still asked for toilet paper. He was blind
laugh.gif
I had to get more toilet paper and open the stall door and hand it to him.

tl;dr. people are $%@@!% up.
tired.gif

Originally Posted by NikeAirForce1

couple of weeks ago, I was in the restroom at school (college). some dude was asking for help from the handicap stall. like literally yelling for help. there were at least 10 people who had been in there since I was there. everyone ignored him. So I felt compelled to help him. I yelled out , "YEAH" just so that he could know that someone was going to help him. I finished taking a piss. asked him what did he need help with. He needed me to pull up his pants for him(his pants were down, he was sitting on the tilet). so I did. that was that.

tl;dr. people are $%@@!% up.
tired.gif

Dude wasn't even paralyzed.

What could you have done? More importantly would you really have felt better if you just tried to help? A bit self-serving.

man i have a story on this topic. i always try to help out when i can. when i was leaving during my break at school there was a guy in a couple of my classes and he was stranded in the middle of the main road where my school is.  i had never talked to him before but i recognized his face. i passed him while him and went to the town center not too far from my school and got something to eat and then on my way back i see he is still stranded. so i get into my school parking lot and then i turn back to help him. it was crazy because he was in the middle of a busy road and nobody stopped to help him for about an hour. turns out his phone battery died so i let him use mine. i kept thinking about what if i was the one stranded it would have ate me up if i just left him out there

Back
Top Bottom