Is It Rude/Pretentious To Request Guests To Take Their Shoes Off Upon Entering Your Home?

Is It Rude/Pretentious To Request Guests To Take Their Shoes Off Upon Entering Your Home?

• Total voters
Cats really in here justifying allowing people to walk inside their cribs with fecal matter. "You gonna tell your parents to take off their shoes ?" I wouldn't have to, cause they raised me this way. An associate I know wears shoes in their home. They invite me to parties and other functions and I either I don't go or if I do, I never eat. I'll only take sealed products which is usually water. Can't trust to eat from someone who allows people in their home with shoes.
I wouldnt even ask where their bathroom is, just take a piss in their linen closet.

Filthy creatures

Same people saying they don’t allow shoes and wouldn’t eat at someone’s crib because of that, are the same ones to eat with cats and dogs around, shedding all around the crib.
Clean your crib folks.

If you at your own crib walking around with sneakers, you’re weird. I wear house slides, only for the crib.
If someone happens to come over, my routine doesn’t change, mop and sweep.

I probably busted your *** at some point when I lived in Houston :lol:

giphy.gif

probably, which means you didn't and couldn't.
when did you leave houston?

What if someone offered you hand sanitizer before they shook your hand. And they also used it too. Would you be offended? Neither one of you know where the others hands have been. That's exactly how I see asking someone to take their shoes off.

What if someone offered you hand sanitizer before they shook your hand. And they also used it too. Would you be offended? Neither one of you know where the others hands have been. That's exactly how I see asking someone to take their shoes off.

wouldn't care lol prob prefer that now that im thinking about it

Stop

I have no problem with this, especially when one of my coworkers recently got a new house and invited people over. It makes loads of sense and I’m surprised more people don’t do it

i dont wear shoes in the house and take my shoes off when i go to most peoples houses...i also dont like animals in the house and hate when people try to come over with their dog...

this is all more than likely a cultural thing...as well as a hygenic thing...

i also think its weird when people go outside barefoot...which i think is also cultural

I wouldn't shake their hand.

Fist bump will suffice. If I think they're dirty, elbow tap.

i dont wear shoes in the house and take my shoes off when i go to most peoples houses...i also dont like animals in the house and hate when people try to come over with their dog...

this is all more than likely a cultural thing...as well as a hygenic thing...

i also think its weird when people go outside barefoot...which i think is also cultural
I agree. I hate animals in the house and would never walk outside barefoot

Back
Top Bottom