Is It Rude/Pretentious To Request Guests To Take Their Shoes Off Upon Entering Your Home?

Is It Rude/Pretentious To Request Guests To Take Their Shoes Off Upon Entering Your Home?

• Total voters
Did you just quote me again? What don’t you understand about YOU DONT HAVE THE RIGHTS TO SPEAK TO ME YET???

I dare you to do it again.

Consequences will NEVER BE THE SAME!

tenor.gif

i take them off if they absolutely need to not touch the carpet. so if they're wet or muddy. i vacuum frequently enough that light dust isn't there for long.

no shoes in the house was not a rule for me or any house I frequented growing up. i didn't know about it until I was 18

I get it if you have young kids that be crawling on the floor and ****, but if you’re not crawling and playing on the floor, why is it a big deal to have shoes on hard wood floors? Y’all dudes be eating food off the floor or something?

For the record, it’s not rude to ask.

Surprised this hasnt been asked yet.

For those who wear shoes indoors, what's the purpose?

Shoes are made to protect your feet from the outside elements. To make sure they stay dry, to prevent you from punctures, and just straight making sure your feet stay intact.

In what scenerio, does any of that come in play while you're inside a home?

Shoes are made to protect your feet from the outside elements. To make sure they stay dry, to prevent you from punctures, and just straight making sure your feet stay intact.

It's usually if I get home and I'm doing something like on the phone or listening to music and don't really think about fully changing. I may walk with them on for a few minutes while doing small tasks until I realize that I want to be more comfortable. 10 minutes maybe.

There's literally never a time that I'm just chilling, then I put on shoes then continue to chill for another few hours/do chores or whatever.

I guess my stance is that I'm not so anal that I want them off the moment I cross the threshold. I definitely don't just walk around in them for hours.

I get it if you have young kids that be crawling on the floor and ****, but if you’re not crawling and playing on the floor, why is it a big deal to have shoes on hard wood floors? Y’all dudes be eating food off the floor or something?

For the record, it’s not rude to ask.

for me its bc i dont want whats outside in my house...especially when you wear your shoes around bars/restrooms/urinals/the train/etc...

we prob mop the floors once a week and are vacuuming the rugs multiple times during the week...this is with not wearing shoes...the house feels clean

to do stuff quick (get to the backyard or pick up the mail) i keep a pair of slides at the front door and in the garage

People wear shoes inside the house because the their floors are dirty. I promise you that’s the reason.

No. 1) It's unnecessary. 2) Keeps dirt your shoes pick up from outside out of your home. 3) If your feet are cold, socks or slippers will suffice.

cot damn this thread is 18 pages too many while we got fades about to be caught with panoramic pis and webster being brought out. we need to go outside asap

Maybe those who think taking off shoes inside is weird also think it is disgusting to wash their own anus in the shower as well?

Back
Top Bottom