Is It Rude/Pretentious To Request Guests To Take Their Shoes Off Upon Entering Your Home?

Is It Rude/Pretentious To Request Guests To Take Their Shoes Off Upon Entering Your Home?

• Total voters
Only time it's a little odd is a full on house party. Been where everyone got their shoes on except the Asian homies.
Now that's hilariously weird :lol:

I never heard of taking your shoes off at a house party.

I need to get to Japan and see if that's how its going down.

Why would I sit on the floor when I have sofas and chairs all over the crib?

I’m the weird one here for not sitting on the floor like a child or animal? Really?

I don't get why anyone would sit on the floor in their own home, lol.

Most of my friends and family are Asian/Middle Eastern; there's no shoes allowed regardless if it's a party or not.

I hate staying at people's homes that don't take off their shoes. Stayed at a former friend's house where I had to wear my sneakers to the restroom, cause none of his fam even took their shoes off in there :sick: Almost died trying to jump into the shower while avoiding contact with the floor with my bare feet

Smh

My boy had a friend from college that had an apartment near their campus. We use to go over there and kick it, smoke trees, play video games, play ping pong and ****.

Dude wouldnt ask anyone to take off their shoes. Place was filthy, dust caked on the ceiling fan, bathroom filthy af, hardwood floors dirty af. I would flush the toilet with my foot like i was at a gas station restroom

There was someone here that mentioned that he showered once every 4 days and that it was OK since his pubes were naturally moisture wicking........

One time, I was walking into this public restroom and noticed that there was a puddle of water all over the floor. At first I was like, maybe someone spilled a bucket of water or something. As I walked closer to the toilets, I noticed a toilet overflowed with feces and all the puddle of water on the floor was coming from this one toilet. I wanted to hurl so bad. And people were stepping all over the puddle like it was nothing.

For this reason, I do not allow shoes in my house but i can't imagine all those people who have walked through those things and then walk into their house :sick:

I don't even get why it's stereotyped to be an Asian thing. Its just common sense. All the filth you walked around all day, including public restrooms, is being dragged through your floors now :sick: I honestly don't keep any friends that do this. Anyone who refuses will get denied entry and blocked from all future contact

this.

you can keep shoes inside at the door

But those used slippers are in direct contact with my feet.

I know I wouldn't step in anyone's home knowing I have mud or dog **** on them...so why worry about the floor?

But your feet havent walked thru public places where lord knows what has spilled or spread around, your shoes have. Dont need that filth spread across my carpets and floors

There was someone here that mentioned that he showered once every 4 days and that it was OK since his pubes were naturally moisture wicking........

Some foul creatures amongst us

Just brought up this topic to my mother since her job duties include visiting multiple people's homes a day.

I asked her what the percentage was of people who asked her to take off her shoes....mind you she's done this for 10+ years.

Less than 10 percent asked her to. She said Asian households were usually the one's to ask but not always.

now u gotta find the thread bc i remember this dumb *** **** too

Just brought up this topic to my mother since her job duties include visiting multiple people's homes a day.

I asked her what the percentage was of people who asked her to take off her shoes....mind you she's done this for 10+ years.

Less than 10 percent asked her to. She said Asian households were usually the one's to ask but not always.
NT is mostly Asian so I’m not surprised by the responses

Only time I feel compelled to instantly take my shoes off is if it's slushy snow outside. Otherwise no need, I got a big rotation of kicks though

Is this not a custom in pretty much any household? I always ask first if I need to do so and vice versa.

not really..sometimes its a cultural thing, sometimes da place got delicate carpet...i rather not have people rocking around in their socks :lol:

****** sheets are all crusty and musty. Every time he roll over he feeling all different types of skin crumbs

Smh

My boy had a friend from college that had an apartment near their campus. We use to go over there and kick it, smoke trees, play video games, play ping pong and ****.

Dude wouldnt ask anyone to take off their shoes. Place was filthy, dust caked on the ceiling fan, bathroom filthy af, hardwood floors dirty af. I would flush the toilet with my foot like i was at a gas station restroom

:rofl:

Back
Top Bottom