Is It Rude/Pretentious To Request Guests To Take Their Shoes Off Upon Entering Your Home?

Is It Rude/Pretentious To Request Guests To Take Their Shoes Off Upon Entering Your Home?

• Total voters
Got people in here saying you’re filthy and live in a gas station restroom because you keep shoes on. Reminds me of th thread where dudes said they wiped their butt with their bare hands. People just go in on other cultures :lol: :smh:

I wouldn't say it's rude, I just think it's doing too much.

Pretty much how I feel about it.

If I were to be invited I'd happily follow their request because it's their house rules. I just wouldn't ask my guests to remove shoes.

Born and raised in Hawai’i I thought it was normal to leave your shoes outside or right inside by the front door when you are a guests in someone’s home. Until I moved to the mainland and found out that some of y’all is nasty and bring your dirty shoes into your home. Lol.

When I am invited to someones home I always take my shoes off right when I enter unless they tell me it’s okay to leave them on.

So during thanksgiving, you have a pile of 20 plus pairs of shoes just lined up at the door?

I've been to at least 10 SB parties at houses.

Not once took my shoes off.

I think its ok if you have a guest or two, but a large group of shoeless people?>D

Im cool with vacuming.

So during thanksgiving, you have a pile of 20 plus pairs of shoes just lined up at the door?

I think its ok if you have a guest or two, but a large group of shoeless people?>D

Im cool with vacuming.
Yes. In Hawai’i there would be a pile of shoes in front and inside by the door

Wrong again.

You a super salty saltine when you get ya card pulled.

Address your dirty floor problem before you talk **** again.

You don't even have friends to be in this convo.

Im cool with vacuming.

Exactly what I'm saying. How you gonna have grandma take her shoes off?

Or even grown men to take their shoes off and walk around in their socks. Floors are easy to clean.

What about the single dudes who are going to a get together and they wanna talk to some females.

Might as well go there in some beaters since nobody gonna see what you wearing.

i have a box of the disposable shoe cover booty things for people to put over their shoes. Some people i would prefer NOT to take their shoes off in my house (them things look like they are kicking). :lol:

One of the reasons why I can't stand carpet, would hate to ask people to take off their shoes. I don't think it's rude, I totally get it, but it's annoying to me.

i have a box of the disposable shoe cover booty things for people to put over their shoes. Some people i would prefer NOT to take their shoes off in my house (them things look like they are kicking). :lol:

Doin too much :smh:

I had guests over at my crib last night. They all took their shoes off. Even one of them had no socks on b.

Doin too much :smh:
I like to keep a clean house, and walk around barefoot or in socks without the bottom of my feet getting all fouled up. But i suppose different people have different standards of cleanliness

Not rude, my mothers korean you better take them thangs off or catch a broom to the dome piece. So now I’m used to it and quick to let people know what’s up unless they want to get after it with a swifter sweeper

I like to keep a clean house, and walk around barefoot or in socks without the bottom of my feet getting all fouled up. But i suppose different people have different standards of cleanliness

Invest in a Bissel, maybe a Hoover.

Absolutely not! It is your home and you can ask them to respect the rules of your house when they enter. It would be rude of them to not do it. Now if one of your guest happens to be Frank Constanza, then that is going to be a judgement call on your part. Apparently he has a foot odor problem, :rofl:

Invest in a Bissel, maybe a Hoover.
I have hardwood throughout my house, and mopping/scrubbing floors is time consuming . If i can do it every two weeks because people aren't tracking dirt, piss, and **** through my house vs. every few days then i'm going to go that route.

To get more quirky and I guess germaphobic maybe, I've come across a few chicks that had a you can't sit on my bed rule.

Problem being the pants/jeans you wore all day outside being on where they lay their heads.

I get it and didn't at the same time.

:lol: I had a chick that only let me sit on her bed if I took my pants off

51qIRo0vlTL._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg

I'm just tryna imagine going over a homeboy's house and he ask everybody to take they shoes off at the door and me catching an attitude about it. Like, this my peoples so yo house yo rules. Even if it was a 3rd party friend twice removed unless they house is a mess I don't see a problem.

It's like if you don't allow smokin' in yo house and a dude spark up still cause he feel the rule is dumb.

To me its a cultural thing and a germ thing.

1) Asian culture - we always take our shoes off when at home or at other ppl's homes, sometimes we have an indoor pair of sandals.
-Never had an issue with people keeping their shoes on, people always take them off. I'm okay if they don't have socks on.
-I don't think its rude if you request guests to take off their shoes either.

2) Work clothes/street clothes - I don't sit on my bed with my street/work clothes b/c of potential germs. I also do this for my couch lol. I'll change to home clothes (not pjs) when I get home.
-Once I told my parents to bring a change of clothes because they were coming over straight after work. I didn't want their subway pants on my couch.
-My mother-in-law told me I was ridiculous and rude when I asked that after she heard from my wife. lol. They are family, they understand me.
-Also for me, stepping in who knows what throughout the day, I don't want to be bringing that into my home (hardwood floors, carpets/rugs, or whatever). Therefore, shoes off.

Back
Top Bottom