Is It Rude/Pretentious To Request Guests To Take Their Shoes Off Upon Entering Your Home?

Is It Rude/Pretentious To Request Guests To Take Their Shoes Off Upon Entering Your Home?

• Total voters
Is this not a custom in pretty much any household? I always ask first if I need to do so and vice versa.

a lot of Americans wear their shoes in the house. one of my friends back in middle school would even get on his bed with his shoes on. :stoneface:

to this day im still shocked.

Sitting on the MegaBus overhearing a conversation between two strangers.
:rofl:

No. **** no.

It should be automatic if you see carpet to take off your shoes and even if it is bare floors once the request is made you comply.

My house. How is it rude?

a lot of Americans wear their shoes in the house. one of my friends back in middle school would even get on his bed with his shoes on. :stoneface:

to this day im still shocked.
****ing savages.

one time i was parlaying with an associate and a white dude came to the door to get served and asked if he should take his shoes off before entering...everyone within earshot started laughing like "the **** is this ***** talking about"

ive also been in houses where you cant come beyond the front door with shoes on

depends on the type of person and how you're asking

Only time it's a little odd is a full on house party. Been where everyone got their shoes on except the Asian homies.

Who voted yes, show yourselves!

Probably like Georges pops in Seinfeld and got the stinky feet, afraid to take your shoes off

I only knew 2 families to ever ask me to take off my shoes...and they were both Asian. Everyone I know has shoes on in their home (carpet or hardwood). Must be a California thing.

To get more quirky and I guess germaphobic maybe, I've come across a few chicks that had a you can't sit on my bed rule.

Problem being the pants/jeans you wore all day outside being on where they lay their heads.

I get it and didn't at the same time.

Who voted yes, show yourselves!

Probably like Georges pops in Seinfeld and got the stinky feet, afraid to take your shoes off

Okay....I admit it....it was MEEEEEE.

It's just that it sounds so weird to me. If I'm your guest and you invited me....how you gonna impose rules on me? If my Jordans get jacked outside your home you gonna go to Flight Club and pay resale price, I don't even care.

lol I definitely understand it, and I can see how it can come off as unwelcoming. personally, I would never ask guests to do this, but I totally understand it. it's like you're doing too much.
I'm somewhat the same way with my tables, I have 4 marble coasters on my table, yet people will still set the drink/cup right next to it :stoneface: one girl I used to kick it with always did this, and I always used to pick up her drink and place it on a coaster. She light heartedly said that it kinda hurts her feelings when I do that.

It's just that it sounds so weird to me. If I'm your guest and you invited me....how you gonna impose rules on me? If my Jordans get jacked outside your home you gonna go to Flight Club and pay resale price, I don't even care.

What is your race and ethnicity

Rule #1... Respect the persons crib your in.

If you want a smoke and the people whos house your at dont allow smoking inside and ask you to go on the balcony or back porch you gonna be mad? Youd either go outside and have your smoke or just not have one, this not really all that different.

:lol: your shoes not gonna be outside, at least not at my crib or my parents crib growing up. Theres a mat by the front door soon as you come in in the lil entrance way, a foyer if you wanna call it that. Just remove your shoes right there. If your feet are cold or you feel uncomfortable theres house shoes/slippers.

Cant have dirty shoes that have been worn outside where people spit on the ground, dogs piss and **** and lord knows what else been places youve walked on in my crib across my carpets and hardwood floor. Mans have some expensive rugs in the crib too, so you gotta be out your damn mind to walk on them in shoes.

Back
Top Bottom