Is It Rude/Pretentious To Request Guests To Take Their Shoes Off Upon Entering Your Home?

Is It Rude/Pretentious To Request Guests To Take Their Shoes Off Upon Entering Your Home?

• Total voters
I got carpet all over my apartment. those shoes don’t come off then i’ll knock your head off then.

Wearing shoes in the crib is disgusting when you really think about it.

Like many of us, I've been in public restrooms and seen all kinds of piss (and God knows what else) on the floor. Yall parading around the house with those same shoes ?

And then you walk barefoot (or with socks) on that same floor...and jump right into bed. :smh:

I don’t get it. Oh well.

If you ask someone to take their shoes off, your crib better be dust free with some DS Slippers for me to wear.

Grown men don’t walk around in socks.

Wearing shoes in the crib is disgusting when you really think about it.

Like many of us, I've been in public restrooms and seen all kinds of piss (and God knows what else) on the floor. Yall parading around the house with those same shoes ?

And then you walk barefoot (or with socks) on that same floor...and jump right into bed. :smh:

You don’t wear slippers??

I have slippers by the door, that I change into.

What about people going into the bathroom to take a leak during a super bowl party and they step on splashes off urine????

Who goes in the bathroom with just socks??

That’s gross.

Also you gotta clean your house after having guest over. Don’t throw an event if you want everyone in socks. That’s just weird.

Takes 10 min to clean.

Good thing this a gravedig.

I was about to say what a stupid question. Its my house.

I think too many ppl get the misconception from savages wearing shoes on the bed and all that wild **** on tv.

You don’t wear slippers??

I have slippers by the door, that I change into.

What about people going into the bathroom to take a leak during a super bowl party and they step on splashes off urine????

Who goes in the bathroom with just socks??

That’s gross.

Also you gotta clean your house after having guest over. Don’t throw an event if you want everyone in socks. That’s just weird.

Takes 10 min to clean.

I definitely wear house slippers. And I clean the bottoms of those too.

I'm not the event throwing guy, so I don't have to worry about that. But if you're a random friend or whatever.....Roddy Rich said it best.

I definitely wear house slippers. And I clean the bottoms of those too.

I'm not the event throwing guy, so I don't have to worry about that. But if you're a random friend or whatever.....Roddy Rich said it best.

Roddy Ricch is a little kid. DOnt come here with that BS and stop letting celebs dictate how you think. It’s so easy to program people. Just have a rapper say it......

“I just ****ed yo ***** in some Gucci Flip Flops.”

Gucci Flip Flops sold out instantly and everyone had them on that summer and next summer.

Cut it out.

Wouldn’t accept anyone who doesn’t take of their shoes in the house into my friend circle or family. If they don’t have that basic sense of cleanliness, imagine what else they don’t do in terms of hygiene. Don’t care what any shoe obsessed random on NT thinks

As an Asian folk, I always ask the house owner if I should take my shoes off out of courtesy. If they’re good then it’s game.

If you’re at my spot, first thing I’ll say is “shoes off “, no question. You’re in someone else’s property better respect it. For those talkin bout the floors dirty and dusty, nah.. that’s why you vacuum, sweep and mop. You must be living filthy if you think keeping shoes on is any cleaner

Forgot this a sneaker site.
Shoes all over the front door and out. Any body ever get their kicks jacked?

Roddy Ricch is a little kid. DOnt come here with that BS and stop letting celebs dictate how you think. It’s so easy to program people. Just have a rapper say it......

“I just ****ed yo ***** in some Gucci Flip Flops.”

Gucci Flip Flops sold out instantly and everyone had them on that summer and next summer.

Cut it out.
:rofl: Wuut ? I'm not too familiar with you on here so, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you're trolling.

Idk how you got all that from what I said. But ok.

If you are coming into my house you will need to take off your shoes. I’ve stepped in peoples houses without shoes and can feel the dirt even wearing socks :sick:

Funny this got bumped because I just saw a chick on twitter post "I just learned Americans wear shoes in their houses what the **** is wrong with you?!" :lol:

I always ask when I go into someone's house for the first time if they want me to take my shoes off. People walk around in all sorts of environments and I get why someone wouldn't want that tracked in all over their house.
I personally don't stress the issue but I'd honestly prefer it :lol:

Back
Top Bottom