Is it true? Facebook is played out. Twitter is better?

http://www.cnbc.com/id/100929122?__source=xfinity|mod&par=xfinity

Carl Quintanilla interviewed a group of students from Torrington High School in Connecticut and at least anecdotally, they were on par with the Pew study.

Senior Austin Kelson considers himself a big tweeter.

"One of the things I love about Twitter is that whatever you wanna say, say it in a couple words and that's it," Kelson said. He and his friends say that, in addition to their friends, they follow celebrities, musicians and athletes such as LeBron James.

As reflected in the Pew study, the number of ads on Facebook has been a turnoff to the Torrington students.

But when asked about Twitter's approach to advertising, Brianna Cole said, "The way the ads are done on Twitter I think is actually pretty clever. I mean, they're done in the form of tweets. So it's not something that is an eyesore. It's just another tweet to scroll past."

(Read moreHow Twitter has changed the way NBA fans watch a game)

When pressed, the Torrington kids admit they probably could live without Twitter but Kelson prefers not to. "I could live, but I don't know—I'd be pretty bored," he said.

With teens being the most fickle online users, their current attachment offers no guarantees for the future, according to Cole.

"There was Myspace before Facebook, and then Facebook happened and everybody thought that was the next best thing, and then Twitter happened," she said. "I mean, there's always going to be something."

I kind of miss the customizations of myspace though. We were more creative back then when deciding the music and background and such. 

yes but I don't bother making a twitter. 

go on FB like once a day for about 5 minutes see anything important.

My main social media is instagram. 

yes but I don't bother making a twitter. 

go on FB like once a day for about 5 minutes see anything important.

My main social media is instagram. 
This.

I use my Twitter for my blog/graphic design, IG is my main rotation.

don't have a twitter, only reason I have fb is for college groups and all that

IG is my only form of social media

Deactivated both to focus more on reading. I got tired of seeing people brag about every thing taking place in their life. The pictures/statuses weren't so much "cool/interesting stuff" as it was "look-at-me and what I'm doing".

What's funny is that the people that you never interacted with in real life take upon the same role in social media. You barely glance at their pages/posts and never really interact with one another.

I never was too crazy about twitter in the first place, some people are junkies for it. I do have an instagram, tho.

I used to get 100+ likes.. all i get now is 30, 40 if i'm lucky lol .. face book def fell off, or maybe i did... nah im still poppin lol :smokin :smokin ig > facebook lol

- Not familiar with twitter.. way too confusing lol

Last edited:
I used to get 100+ likes.. all i get now is 30, 40 if i'm lucky lol .. face book def fell off, or maybe i did... nah im still poppin lol :smokin :smokin ig > facebook lol

- Not familiar with twitter.. way too confusing lol
Facebook link to prove authenticity. no romo.

:lol:

Deactivated both to focus more on reading. I got tired of seeing people brag about every thing taking place in their life. The pictures/statuses weren't so much "cool/interesting stuff" as it was "look-at-me and what I'm doing".

What's funny is that the people that you never interacted with in real life take upon the same role in social media. You barely glance at their pages/posts and never really interact with one another.

I never was too crazy about twitter in the first place, some people are junkies for it. I do have an instagram, tho.
This 1000 %, i always felt that facebook was a breeding ground for narcissism & the look at me nows.

Both media outlets are played out. The people who use them are hungry for one thing acceptance or attention.

This is such a general statement lol. Some people use it to catch up with old friends, voice there opinions regardless of whose listening, crack jokes with friends and keep up with current news. Twitter is usually minutes ahead of breaking news. I remember during the search for the Boston bomber seeing information on twitter and then news reporting minutes and sometimes hours later. But yeah SOME people are attention ****** that's why you get to pick who you want to follow.

Why ask kids from Connecticut though???

Ehh.... its not going anywhere. Like someone said it's past its prime.

i rarely use fb and i haven't posted a status in years
laugh.gif

twitter is good for news and to see what your friends are doing but it can get annoying when people are constantly tweeting.

Back
Top Bottom