Is it true that your mother's side of the fam determies if you're gonna be bald or not?

I've heard plenty of people say that if the males on your mom's side are bald/balding/have a receding hairline you will too. Is there any truth tothis?

i just found this out recentlymyself..........thats great news for me, my dad still got his hair but when i found that out............im really good

I pray to god its true... I would cry if I began balding. Seriously, I'm vain when it comes to my hair
smh.gif
tired.gif

hope not...i saw my bum +$@ dad once since i was 2....i think i was 17 or 18 and that fool had legit cornrows (i dont know why he had them considering he is 40something)
smh.gif
but it gave me hope that i will not be bald when i'm in my 40's

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Seriously, I'm vain when it comes to my hair
smh.gif
tired.gif
laugh.gif
just the other day, I was telling my barber that I saw this guy that had black ice sprayed all over his scalp but he was balding. I was likewhy doesn't he just give up, and accept that he is balding? And he was saying that hair is really a source of pride for men, that is why you see so manybalding dudes trying to place those few strands across their scalp, or you see dudes telling their barbers to edge them up even though their lineup is pushedback further then Robocops.

my pops is bald... dudes on my mom side all got they hair.... i think I got their genes when it comes to that cuz we all wavy... pun intended

one (or more?) of the male pattern baldness genes is carried thru the mothers side but its not a gaurantee

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

smh.gif
tired.gif
laugh.gif
just the other day, I was telling my barber that I saw this guy that had black ice sprayed all over his scalp but he was balding. I was like why doesn't he just give up, and accept that he is balding? And he was saying that hair is really a source of pride for men, that is why you see so many balding dudes trying to place those few strands across their scalp, or you see dudes telling their barbers to edge them up even though their lineup is pushed back further then Robocops.

G... I couldn't take it... I'd be depressed as hell, I sound like a woman
smh.gif

If your mom's POPS (grandpa)is bald then you'll be bald most likely...

look it up
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Mom's X chromosome determines recessive/dominant traits - so your odds of going bald can be figured out based upon your mother's side of the family forthe most part. It's never 100 percent one way or the other though, so don't feel too worried or too safe.

However - all the men on my mom's side are bald and my hairline has been going back for years now - i'm well on my way, and have known i would be sincei was about 12... awfully depressing, but eventually you realize that looks really are overrated, and women are attracted to bald men anyways.

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

smh.gif
tired.gif
laugh.gif
just the other day, I was telling my barber that I saw this guy that had black ice sprayed all over his scalp but he was balding. I was like why doesn't he just give up, and accept that he is balding? And he was saying that hair is really a source of pride for men, that is why you see so many balding dudes trying to place those few strands across their scalp, or you see dudes telling their barbers to edge them up even though their lineup is pushed back further then Robocops.

G... I couldn't take it... I'd be depressed as hell, I sound like a woman
smh.gif

Cake your @!! already balding, I know you got yourself the LeBron shapeup.

Back
Top Bottom