Is it worth cutting my cable for streaming ?

Bout to cut my cable service and subscribe to either YouTube tv or Hulu plus since those were deemed the best. There are alot of different options out there but these two seem to always be said to have the most options. I basically just watch sports, thats where i have the problem. Sports teams i watch don't seem to be available to stream on either one. If i understood correctly the teams i watch play on different platforms. Am i going to be subscribing to multiple streaming sites and adding up a bill almost equivalent to what i pay now, which is near $400 per month, or can i just get everything on either of those 2 providers. I'd hate to cut my cable only to wanna get it back because i made a dumb move.

Any advice or any experiences with these streaming site would be greatly appreciated NT family. Tryin to save a buck and be right for once in an argument with the wife :lol:

i would like others opinions as well... im like a month away from moving into my new place and the last thing im a get is cable... ill save this for when i actually move in... i was leaning towards direct tv stream since it has MSG so i can watch the Knicks... problem is in my area of NJ they only have comcast which doesnt have MSG because of contract dispute and fios is overpriced in general...

Yes, but no. Having all those streaming service doesn’t make sense. I can’t wait for this streaming bubble to collapse because it cheapens shows and music, and ain’t no way are artist getting what the earn b/c what’s a stream worth?

Netflix, Hulu, HBOmax, and Prime were good enough, and thats like 50 to 60 bucks right there.

Yes, but no. Having all those streaming service doesn’t make sense. I can’t wait for this streaming bubble to collapse because it cheapens shows and music, and ain’t no way are artist getting what the earn b/c what’s a stream worth?

Netflix, Hulu, HBOmax, and Prime were good enough, and thats like 50 to 60 bucks right there.

Cheapens shows?

The best shows are exclusive to streaming services.

Cut ties with dish about a year ago haven’t looked back
Use streaming only

what I do have for sports and stuff is YouTube tv- I share the65 dollar bill with a friend who lives in California. Works just like cable at a much cheaper price

1. Cheapens shows?

2. The best shows are exclusive to streaming services.
1. I enjoy binge watching shoes as much as anyone else who likes it does, but these ppl making the stuff is taking all that time on individual episodes just for them all to consumed in a day.

2. And that's issue. It's cool when companies 3 ppl are doing, but how many are doing it now? Like why does a service called "Peacock" exist?

1. I enjoy binge watching shoes as much as anyone else who likes it does, but these ppl making the stuff is taking all that time on individual episodes just for them all to consumed in a day.

2. And that's issue. It's cool when companies 3 ppl are doing, but how many are doing it now? Like why does a service called "Peacock" exist?

You don't have to subscribe to them all.

Get you some friends and family and share.

Sling TV is basically my "cable" and all I really watch on there is sports. Just switch to streaming, cable is antiquated.

VOD. Watch what you want, when you want.

It's 2021, 9 PM on a Thursday being the only time to watch a show ain't it.

If you're on T-Mobile they're offering a free one year subscription for Paramount Plus.

Screenshot_20211125-141159_Chrome.jpg

Samsung also has a free ad supported TV streaming service

Screenshot_20211125-141959_Samsung TV Plus.jpg

Last edited:
Streaming > cable

Get YouTube TV or Hulu + Live TV for streaming that's like having cable.

Disney+ bundle for $19.99 a month gets you Disney+, ESPN+, and Hulu (no ads).

Hulu (with ads) is on sale right now for .99 a month for 12 months

Back
Top Bottom