Is it worth getting a PS3 right now?

Originally Posted by nickthesneakerkid

Originally Posted by JFKTV

with 80GB, you don't get full backwards capacity...but that bundle is your best bet. Plus it comes with the Dual Shock 3, and MGS4....just wait.

I have a 60GB (which IMO is the best). If you reeeeally want to cop one ASAP, just get a 60GB off eBay. I don't see why they stopped production for these.
what's so special about the 60gig as opposed to the 80gig that's in stores now? also, do any of the ps3's come with hdmi cables?

I still like to play some PSOne games, and 80GB isn't as ill as the 60GB on backwards compatibility...matter fact, 80GB doesn't compare.

And no, I don't think any come with HDMI cables, I had to buy one from Best Buy.

i just have one quick question for all the ps3 owners here...

when dealing with the blu ray playback on the ps3.... is there any difference in quality when compared to an "exclusive" blu ray player?

im wondering because i'm planning to buy an HDTV in the coming weeks and wanted to pick up a BD player as well....
am i better off just getting a PS3?

Originally Posted by chrisl5mavs

when dealing with the blu ray playback on the ps3.... is there any difference in quality when compared to an "exclusive" blu ray player?

im wondering because i'm planning to buy an HDTV in the coming weeks and wanted to pick up a BD player as well....

Get a ps3, they say the ps3 blu-ray player is pretty much the best one out on the market. I can't confirm that since i have no experience with anyother blu ray player but the ps3 but that's what i've heard. I say it's definitely worth it to get a ps3, value wise you get a lot for your moneyand that blu ray player sweetens the deal that much more. And if you like video games then your money is definitely not being wasted.

MUCH better off

ability to update the firmware, PLUS the load times on the ps3 are A LOT faster than similarly priced players. it takes about 50 seconds on a stand aloneplayer while with the ps3 its like 20 seconds

Damn man, i was thinking of picking up an imported ps3 but it looks like theres a few differences. Making me think twice...
eyes.gif

Anyone know for sure what the differences are? I keep hearing mixed opinions like "Forget about watching blu-ray movies on your imported ps3" or"The online will be different cause its setup for Japanese isps" "Button layout in the menus is different" etc.

i'm in the same boat. I dont know if I can wait until June. I basically want it for the blu ray player. I'm also looking forward into playing games,mainly sport games.

I would wait if the price dropped but it looks like the bundle will be prices at $500.

mainly only want it for Bluray as well, only game that gets my attention on the ps3 is warhawk, the show and LA Noire which i havent heard !+$% about in ages
laugh.gif

I just got my PS3 2 weeks ago, love it.

Havent played any blue ray movies yet.

Why wait? Buy one now! Lots of dope titles out, plus the MGS Bundle isn't dropping till June, 4 months from now... grab a snickers.

Is the white PS3 going to be released?
If so, soon?

I want this purchase to coincide with GTAIV, but that white PS3 is quite sexy.

Originally Posted by chrisl5mavs

stick with the PS3 its the only blu ray player that can upgrade the profile to 2.0 firmware even a/v sites recommend it because of this

Back
Top Bottom