Is JB done at 23

^^I also think they should stop at 23. The shoes wont mean as much after these come out

The numbered Signature Line is done at XX3 as far as the complete brand being gone. No

There has been speculation in all directions and I do not know who to believe about the sig line. However, I am confident JB will continue to put out retrosfrom time to time as the first generation Jordan fans are now in their 30s and have the disposable income to buy overpriced shoes from their childhood.

Tha shoe wouldnt hav any meaning or history behind it... it shud end at XX3 even though tha XX3's r TRASH!!!
smh.gif

Originally Posted by metalmaned

They've already said that the "signature line" WILL STOP at the 23. They will continue to sell everything else and they will come out with some other type of shoe that will take it's place but it will not be called the "Air Jordan" it will be called something else.

I seriously doubt they will see a hit in their sales numbers by doing this. JB is in business and they KNOW what they are doing. A LOT of people on here think they don't but they actually do!!!! They make A LOT of money every year and the signature line and retros are just a drop in the bucket of their sales. They make a killing on team shoes and appearal. When I'm out I pay attention to what people wear and I see more people young and old rocking team crap then anything else. I mean I see 60yr old men wearing team shoes. The majority of the public does not care about anything except that it has a Jumpman on it because they see having a pair of shoes with the Jumpman on it as a "status" thing, they think it makes them cool.

What you have to realize is that we ( "sneakerheads" ) only make up about 5% MAYBE 10% of the public that buys JB products and although "we" might not thing something is "cool" the majority of the masses do!!! No matter what "we" think about any of their other products besides the retro's and signature line, the fact is the rest of their products sell and they sell well!!!! Yeah stuff might go to outlets and what not but it STILL SELLS and they still turn a profit!!! You might say "yeah but then they sell it for less at the outlets" which is true BUTTTT Nike is making ALL the profits at the outlet stores because they are selling them THEMSELVES and are not only making their wholesale costs they are also making profit on whatever they retail them at so in turn they are actually making MORE money by selling shoes at the outlets even though they might sell for cheaper.

As I said they know what they are doing and they are going to be JUST fine in the future... if anything they will continue to get stronger and make more money just as they keep doing every year...
This is exactly right. It seems that most people on here just cannot take a step away from their perspective to see what the majority of people do.Another thing I wanted to add, everything goes to the outlets because they make huge quantities. On most if not all team shoes there is no real limit to howmany are made. It seems that retros always are more limited than teams, the teams are made in huge quantities and a ton of them are sold. If you see the shoesgo on sale at footlocker a couple months after that doesnt really hurt JB at all, they already sold those shoes to footlocker at the same cost they sold allthe ones before it. How many restocks happen before the shoes get older and a little less popular? I am sure JB has made plenty of money by then. Then whenfootlocker stops ordering more pairs, they send them to the outlets, undercut footlocker, and make larger profits than before! They are not going to be hurt bystopping the sig line nor retros. It will only help because they know they can only ride the retros for so long, eventually they HAVE TO have NEW products thatpeople want. And right now the new things people buy are Team shoes. They would rather steer their customers away from retros and sig shoes so they can startdeveloping their team lines even more. The way I see it is, if they dont have their main Air Jordan that costs $175 they can have each player have a sig shoe.Melos can be 175, CP3s 175, Durants 175. Every team player that makes a decent name for themselves can have an overpriced shoe instead of just MJ who islargely a forgotten figure to a huge chunk of the sneaker buying customer base.

Originally Posted by NY GIANTS 11

Originally Posted by DA6

Is JB done at 23
I would say they were done a while back....last quality shoe was the 13's in my eye.
I think you need glasses.

The 14 is amongst the very best performance shoes EVER made.
The 17 is one of the finest quality / most durable shoes EVER
The 18 has the sicket traction EVER. Plus hand sewn uppers.
The 19 has some of the softest cushioning known to man. The 19 SE are amazing ball shoes.
The 20 stealth are the best performance Jordan IMO
The 21 are finely crafted shoes. The 21 PE are EXCELLENT basketball shoes.

Thanks, for posting this. I read that and was like
laugh.gif

The quality has only gone up. People might not like the appearance, but not the quality. They're not like the retroes.

lmao but the 24's are gonna sound like rims! "yo i just got them 24's!" smh ridiculous

As long as they make money, why would they stop? Imo there just going to retro every OG colorway with a package, come up with new ones so the newer generationcan have them.

I will never pay $175.00 for MELO, CP3, DURANT or anybody but MJ.The whole reason for buying the jordan's (especially when he was playing); was because youwere buying shoes from the greatest basketball player ever! You felt special, you had the same shoes as MJ. It was great, none of these younger kids will everunderstand that. You got your 1 jordan each year, Me for my birthday and you cherished it. You would be happy the whole year with those shoes.You can take awaythe Air Jordan line and promote these other guys, and people will still buy it. But I will never buy a MELO, CP3, DURANT whoever. I will wear My Jordan1-23's forever!!!!!

JB has had soooo many shoes over the years they can safely afford to stop after the XX3 releases.

That Jumpman symbol is almost as famous as a McDonald's sign by now.

it all opinion right now no actual facts on the matter
well except for slam mag. they said no but who knows

Back
Top Bottom