is Jim Jones da "Ghostface Killah" of dipset?

The Pretty Toney album is the only GFK album I don't have, and it's because of "Tush". Will get around til buying it since Best Buy is starting to sell a lot of older albums for like $5-$6. Nas' hold discography is that price :lol:.

youtube tush, ghostface killah & missy elliot.
The Pretty Toney album is the only GFK album I don't have, and it's because of "Tush". Will get around til buying it since Best Buy is starting to sell a lot of older albums for like $5-$6. Nas' hold discography is that price
laugh.gif
why do I need to Youtube it when it was released as a single

did moderately well on NY radio if i'm not mistaken but my memory fails me.

if that's considered bad Bend N Stretch must be regraded as a monstrosity.

Jim catalog is nothing to write home about..in the slightest manner.

ghost has classics in addition to his work on both "....Cuban Linx" albums

& you're statement saying that Jim's first 3 albums are among the best stretches in rap history is just..

...outlandish man

sick.gif
sick.gif

youtube tush, ghostface killah & missy elliot.
The Pretty Toney album is the only GFK album I don't have, and it's because of "Tush". Will get around til buying it since Best Buy is starting to sell a lot of older albums for like $5-$6. Nas' hold discography is that price
laugh.gif
why do I need to Youtube it when it was released as a single

did moderately well on NY radio if i'm not mistaken but my memory fails me.

if that's considered bad Bend N Stretch must be regraded as a monstrosity.

Jim catalog is nothing to write home about..in the slightest manner.

ghost has classics in addition to his work on both "....Cuban Linx" albums

& you're statement saying that Jim's first 3 albums are among the best stretches in rap history is just..

...outlandish man

sick.gif
sick.gif
^he's not comparing them side by side

he's comparing their roles to their respective crews
exactly..someone needs to read da thread.

A+ thread
been tellin dudes for yrs,
im guilty by association since im from uptop :rolleyes

I think I check jim's newer stuff more for mel matrix than jim
mel da definition of 1 trick pony...he cool though..wanna know a fun fact? i used to go to college with him before he had

da dreads over at BMCC...

and jim jones old mixtapes are also classic.

how? ghostface is da most consistent of wu-tang Jim Jones da most consistent of dipset.

Jim Jones bars are sub D+ if that. He’s the adlib king, but storytelling and lyrics are nothing compared to Ghost.

Now his last album was enjoyable.

Last edited:
I'm more surprised that nobody on here has mentioned Jim's new video = Make No Issues Of It. Bro literally found the fountain of youth in Hip-Hop by himself. I'm not sure if he has Stacks old recordings, or just a new set of Writers helping him, but my God this man was blessed with quality Rap music along with longevity, which is crazy.

He's literally holding the Dipset torch while riding out here solo. Who would've thought Camrons Hype man would be making better current music than Cam does years down the line. The Quality of the (Make No Issues Of It) video is A1. The Quentin Tarantino Grind House intro is a nice touch. The Quality of that video is crazy.

This is 100% true. He sounds fresh and has a really good ear for beats. Still wish he was cool with the "B-Team" Dipset cause their album was much better than the one of Jim Jones having to carry Juelz and Cam.

Cam is forever my guy, but Jim been on a higher level for years now...

I think a lot of people wrote him off after the whole Max/Stack incidents, but I felt he gave us some quality projects in between 2010-2016, esp The Kitchen and The Ghost of Rich Porter... I dig that he didn't give up on music after the whole VH1 stint too...

Him finding that 'Fountain of Youth' was really him reverting back to that old Diplomat sound, which I give him credit for tapping back into The Heatmakerz for what we he gave on the last two projects...

Cam should've done that years ago, but he wanted to go the cheap route and keep AraabMuzik around for the watered-down Heatmakerz beats... he also got into that whole harmonizing thing during his verses...

Props to Jim for keeping his head afloat in this ever-changing game, studying the ways of the internet, finding young talent to complement his style, and giving us fresh music with that classic Dip sound...

Cam should've done that years ago, but he wanted to go the cheap route and keep AraabMuzik around

you spelled "keep Skitzo around" wrong.

Gunz & butta w/ vado & heat in here vol. 1 were flamez. araab muzik blessed him.

what Cam should've done is have a more diverse producer lineup.
and stop being cheap wit Videos :lol:

Shula Da Don got Jim Jones looking like he in a Lil X video, super polished... his whole rollout is just impressive, i NEED summer is a pity video and/or Conway & westside Gunn feature visual.

dunno, I've never in my life been a fan of araab muzik.
cam's mistake IMO was not signing da zombeez to a deal.
he got araab but there are a few producers in da zombeez that make better beats. on top of that they also rap and spit in the same way as somebody from dipset. it would have worked. they def should have gotten an artist/producer deal to breathe life into dipset and to expand their own careers.

araab used to rock with da zombeez but yeah. he was never the one IMO. there are two others that produce better. i'm at work now but you know who they are if you rock with cam's music.

oh and fwiw jim was dope but got a lot of hate but IMO questions and...he had a joint on dipset byrdgang vol. 1 (who shot freekey zeekey) that was real dope to me...I can't remember the song title. also his verse on come home with me. he had gems. anyone really rocking with dipset knew it. IMO at least.

I hate skitzo.

I hate cams mixing sometimes

Cant even bump Lenoxe Ave ( from the BOAB 1 mixrape) like i want cuz of the mixing.

Same with Lets Talk About with Jadakiss.

Cam shoulda been on Cocain Dreamin

Ninjahood u dont likr JR? :lol:

Cam never seemed like the dude that really cared about putting in great effort. His hardcore fans say that like it's a good thing but it's not. Like "rap was easy to him". No it wasn't because he was never some great rapper.

Rap is easy to Nas, Jay, Snoop, Common, Ghostface etc. Dudes that have been great through different era's, consistently made good projects or hit records and had longevity.

Back
Top Bottom