Is John Thompson the most well-respected man in DC?

PH2006022100002.jpg

lifest9.jpg
s with none other than Big John. Here is a coach who practiced what he preached, and ultimately cared for each and every one of his players. It didn't matter if you were the starting Center to 12th man on the bench, JT had your back. Anyone remember the story of when John Thompson confronted Rayful Edmunds about hanging around Zo and his other players? Edmunds got the message quickly. JT was never intimidated by anyone. He has forever made his mark on not only the landscape of college hoops, but basketball in general. I think those of us who grew up watching G'Town hoops truly understand the greatness of John Thompson and what he has meant to not only Georgetown but Washington DC. He saw that the men on his team left G'Town not only as better basketball players, but better people with a quality education to fall back on. He is appreciated in my book, and to me he is one of, if not THE most respected man in Washington DC today...

Hoya Paranoia :pimp:
pimp.gif

No, believe it or not...most of DC being African American...you'd be VERY shocked to know that Marion Barry is the most respected man in DC.

I don't nderstand it at all...but people love that dude.
Sig check...
THE DAY IS NEAR.
ONLY WEEKS AWAY.
I GIVE YOU TWO OPTIONS...
LIKE. OR LOVE.

^
Took the words right out of my mouth.

Dude walks the streets and gets approached like he's still in office.

Say what you want, but you SAW a difference in the hoods when he was in office.

Which is all people want.

Dream Team of MD/DC/VA - TRUTH hurts, doesn't it?
'TeePeso,' 'Ryan8478,' DCShoeDon,' 'JaywhYeNeX,' 'Importking,' 'DCshoechick,' 'Scott Scotch,' 'rudolph1996,' '7hillz'​

I think it's on two different levels, but mainstream America can't seem to understand a man such as Barry who can go thru what he did brings him CLOSER to the level of the people who vote for him.

Shows he can make mistakes and overcome them and make them again.

JT actually had some strife a few months back with ex-players talking about how he ONLY talked and treated the Star guys who went on to the league out with Coaching Jobs and such, but others were ignored.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++​
Gratuitus For Sale Plug: DS & VNDS Size 10.5 & 11XII's XIII's V's XIX XIX SEs 2K3s 2K4s VC's​

No lie jo'...people ACTUALLY call Barry "Mayor Barry"...it's more than likely the closeness of "Marion" and "Mayor" when spoken.

But when I went to Fenty's Party, Barry got more love than Fenty...got more love than Chuck Brown...and got more love than Anthony Hamilton.

Barry got on stage and the crowd went bonkers..you would've thought Doug Williams handed the ball off to Clinton Portis for a 300 yard run. Simply unblievable.
Sig check...
THE DAY IS NEAR.
ONLY WEEKS AWAY.
I GIVE YOU TWO OPTIONS...
LIKE. OR LOVE.

Marion is the man.
At night at dream that when I wake up, the males in the area will no longer be dressed like deflated packs of Skittles.

Lavan, I work and deal with political figures at work and the thing is calling somebody mayor is just a sign of respect regardless of how long you've been out of office, when I was at the National Press Club people were introducing themselves to our deputy secretary but still called him Mayor even though 1 he hasnt been mayor in years and 2 theyre not from syracuse, ny. Also when I was at the White House EVERYBODY called Bob Young Mayor Young.

back to the topic at hand I think Marion Barry is the most respected man in DC.

Team DC/MD/VA​

Yall was takin too long, so we had to do it...
young black and dashing like Sydney in his prime in a black film classic

you got ds size 13 foot patrol air stabs? get at me​

I know one thing is for sure, no one will ever refer to Sharon Pratt Kelly as "Mayor Kelly." :lol:
laugh.gif

At night at dream that when I wake up, the males in the area will no longer be dressed like deflated packs of Skittles.

Back
Top Bottom