Is Kanye a top 10 rapper of all-time?

Haha well I'm embarrassed, I meant as a rapper.... haha maybe I'm crazy

for me... this is how I recently shaped it out.

10. Kanye
9. Ghostface
8. Scarface
7. Eminem
6. Rakim
5. Biggie
4. Jay-z
3. Andre3000
2. 2pac
1. Nas

Take kanyes ***** *** out and put big pun in

People will defend/make excuses for Yeezus to no end. It's like this dude threw some **** on the wall called it art and said it's different and his crazy fans were like "Ok".

Last edited:
i'd consider Relapse & Recovery better than Yeezus, just off the lyrical skill of the album. as for Kanye being top 10 of All Time, it really depends on your taste. i don't consider him top 10 but others might. top 20 or 30 sounds just about right. Jay-Z will always be ahead of Kanye.

Wow, this thread got ugly quick. People saying Kanye doesn't have a bad album :rofl:

Yeezus is not a rap album in my book. I'm fine with him attempting something different and blah blah. Cool. You got a gold plaque out of it.

808s is very overrated. He has some great songs on there but he also has some songs on there that are pure sh t

College Dropout has such an outdated production sound. Some of those songs aged worse than white people.

The best thing about his albums are the production. There's a long process when he creates every song. The worst thing about his albums are the lyrics. He's not gifted as a rapper. He'll have some nice verses but can't rap for an entire album. Never could. It's hilarious that people think he's lyrically top 10. Kanye should feel real good about being able to make one person think that.

I'll respect you if he's in your top 10 rappers overall but lyricists, not even top 50. There's easily 25 rappers from the south and 25 rappers from the east coast that would humiliate Kanye lyrically.

Can we also stop talking about Outkast's discog, doesn't have anything to do with Kanye's discog

You dudes are super lame. All this over the top laughing and "extreme fan" calling because I stated my opinion is stupid.

You acting like I'm calling him the greatest human being to walk this earth. I still don't see how he's put out a bad album. I understand that the majority of his fans disliked YEEZUS but that **** was too ill to me. And why do we keep mentioning groups? I was under the impression we were discussing solo artist.

Yeezus was ill. I feel like people that don't really listen to genres outside of hip-hop don't like it though, at least from what I've seen in my personal experience.

obamayawn.gif

Yeezus was ill. I feel like people that don't really listen to genres outside of hip-hop don't like it though, at least from what I've seen in my personal experience.
It's the exact opposite. The people that listen to a multitude of genres are the ones that recognize Yeezus for what it is, Kanye's failed attempt at delving into other genres. It's jarring, boring and a completely misguided effort to be avant garde, when in fact it's just trash.

I'm tired of that "you must not listen to other genres" excuse. The album was trash. Nothing more, nothing less.

It's the exact opposite. The people that listen to a multitude of genres are the ones that recognize Yeezus for what it is, Kanye's failed attempt at delving into other genres. It's jarring, boring and a completely misguided effort to be avant garde, when in fact it's just trash.
And the funny thing is that 808s received much more acclaim than Yeezus and certainly represented a successful effort by Kanye to delve into other genres

And I'll fade a ***** that says that 808s wasn't hot

But yeah Yeezus was practically his soapbox album; nothing more, nothing less. The abnormal amount of rants that he went on during and after the release of the album didn't help matters either

And this was after everyone thought he mellowed out
mean.gif

Last edited:
808s gets a pass for going left-field cause it's not really bad to listen to, and because of the circumstances surrounding the album after his mother died. I don't think anyone was expecting any pre-808s type sound. It's basically his Universal Mind (I know that came out a month later but whatever). But Yeezus, LOL, there was no excuse for that mess of an album, especially with him tacking on Bound 2 at the end like "well my fans want the old me, so this should pacify them". LOL garbage pancake cheeks.

Eh I didn't like 808s at all and enjoyed Yeezus. Got plenty of **** for liking it but whatever, it was a fun disaster for me :lol:

Last edited:
Such blasphemy to not give other genres a chance.

God forbid anybody buys an album from a rapper and expect it to be entirely hip-hop.

:stoneface:

And I'll fade a ***** that says that 808s wasn't hot

Tough talk about 808's :lol:

I can almost guarantee you most certainly will not.

808s had some gems but it also had a few turds on it. Some songs just didn't work and turned out to be awful. Some of you guys love the man so much that you probably don't even hear what he's saying anymore.

Trust me, I knew you were not being literal.

Was still completely riduclous when I read it. Which is why I laughed about it.

Back
Top Bottom