is Kanye the best at putting other artists on?

Originally Posted by Ricky Walters

Originally Posted by M16

Originally Posted by Ricky Walters

Originally Posted by M16

Vinnie Paz.

Without him most of these would have half the fans they have now, if any.

What's half of 0?

See the 2nd sentence from the bottom. Applies for you, I know that for a fact.

Shut up.

Underground music is underground for a reason, most of it is garbage.
You just made yourself sound rather idiotic with this statement. As of now and the past decade for that matter underground hip hop has beenproducing music fat better than the mainstream quality wise.

Originally Posted by Master Zik

I'm not sure of your definition of mainstream, there's being put on in music period and then being put on in just the hip hop realm. I'll give you Lupe and John Legend for the former though and know he aint the best.
now ya'll wanna get ...picky...

Originally Posted by Fantastic4our

Cons, Common and Twista are a stretch. I don't know if I would say Cons really has "recognition"

GLC, Cudi and Big Sean still got a ways to get before I would consider them really "recognized." Most people think "Day & Nite" is Jim Jones song

Legitimate artists that are really "big" are Lupe and John Legend.

What about Keyshia Cole? She was on College Dropout & when her 1st album dropped Ye' took her on tour w/ him

Y'all should atleast know Bahamadia... arguably the GOAT female rapper.

Let's be serious though. Take King Magnetic for example.. kicked out of HS, went to jail for a few years, came out, started rapping and within 2 years hewas opening up for Redman, Wu-Tang, EPMD and other legends. In his first show he completely eclipsing all of them... and this dude is "o.k" comparedto the rest. On his first album he's blowing by dudes like Sean Price and Chino XL who are already established and well respected. This is a dude whorarely has the 2nd or 3rd best verse on tracks
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Your favorite rapper would probably not survive a posse cut with AOTP.

Laugh at their names and for not knowing them all you want, but these dudes are legends in Philly.. any hood in South/West Philly.. even North/East alreadyknows whats up. Tours in Europe, Asia, South Africa.. everything. It's just a shame U.S fans can't appreciate quality rap anymore. Dude's ratherhear some herb talk about wearing skinny jeans because his credit card fits
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

M16 I'm sorry but I don't know any of those people outside of Vinny Paz.
I go to a white school in the middle of nowhere. So To me, you not big unless I go to a party out here and people are playing your songs. I think that is thefairest representation of your success because for the most part it is people completely outside of your fanbase. So for me if people out here don't knowwho you are then your not really "on on" to me, I mean to me you might be super nice (Big Sean) but a lot of you guys are forgetting the dudes inthis forum check for people constantly so I know a bunch of people that are nicer than most but aren't really "on on"(Nipsey Hustle).

Jay-z/Kanye/50 cent has put the most people "on on" in my eyes...this comes from a 50 hater, but I'll be damned if I don't go to a party andhear a Banks or Yayo song it erks me to death but hey it's whats hot I guess.

Originally Posted by M16

Let's be serious though. Take King Magnetic for example.. kicked out of HS, went to jail for a few years, came out, started rapping and within 2 years he was opening up for Redman, Wu-Tang, EPMD and other legends. In his first show he completely eclipsing all of them... and this dude is "o.k" compared to the rest. On his first album he's blowing by dudes like Sean Price and Chino XL who are already established and well respected. This is a dude who rarely has the 2nd or 3rd best verse on tracks
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Laugh at their names and for not knowing them all you want, but these dudes are legends in Philly.. any hood in South/West Philly.. even North/East already knows whats up. Tours in Europe, Asia, South Africa.. everything. It's just a shame U.S fans can't appreciate quality rap anymore. Dude's rather hear some herb talk about wearing skinny jeans because his credit card fits
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
Dude why are you getting mad? Put us on. Give us some material. Cause they don't give a damn to let us (in Atlanta for example) know whatthey're capable of. If they ain't poppin, thats on them. If they don't want American support...well
laugh.gif
to that. If they don't give a damn, you know NT don't give a ...

No shots to you though, them artists only.

Some of those guys have no "mainstream" recognition.

Some of those guys had it before they worked with Kanye.

He has helped a lot of cats and put some people on, no doubt.

But you act like if he makes a beat for you he's responsible for your career.

Not the case. Ye' co signs some of these dudes when they're already known. It helps. But that's not a "put on".

Is Kanye responsible of Com's move into acting?

You can always tell the cats OD on the Kanye worship......

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

Originally Posted by M16

Let's be serious though. Take King Magnetic for example.. kicked out of HS, went to jail for a few years, came out, started rapping and within 2 years he
was opening up for Redman, Wu-Tang, EPMD and other legends. In his first show he completely eclipsing all of them... and this dude is "o.k" compared
to the rest. On his first album he's blowing by dudes like Sean Price and Chino XL who are already established and well respected. This is a dude who
rarely has the 2nd or 3rd best verse on tracks
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Laugh at their names and for not knowing them all you want, but these dudes are legends in Philly.. any hood in South/West Philly.. even North/East already
knows whats up. Tours in Europe, Asia, South Africa.. everything. It's just a shame U.S fans can't appreciate quality rap anymore. Dude's rather
hear some herb talk about wearing skinny jeans because his credit card fits
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
Dude why are you getting mad? Put us on. Give us some material. Cause they don't give a damn to let us (in Atlanta for example) know what they're capable of. If they ain't poppin, thats on them. If they don't want American support...well
laugh.gif
to that. If they don't give a damn, you know NT don't give a ...

No shots to you though, them artists only.

I don't think they purposely avoid wanting to be "popping" the thing is what's "popping" isn't real talent anymore. Just godownload their 2 albums. I posted vids in the underground rap thread. Give them legit listens and you should see where I'm coming from. Dudes areridiculously talented and making such
pimp.gif
music but get overlooked for trash
smh.gif

One I'll give him props for is "Selfish" by Slum Village.

Again, a known entity after "Climax", "Tainted" etc. But "Selfish" was likely their "biggest" record.

+%%#!$@ love that #!%$.....

I wouldnt say he put on very few artist that you mentioned there, he has just done tremendous work with them and succeeded at doing the best of it.

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

Dude has more success around him with other artists than most other camps...DTP, RocaFella (Beans had 1 albums, bleek had 1, freeway had 1 and Kanye...), Grand Hustle is a close contender with that super stacked roster; Definitely more than No Limit or Young Money/Cash Money...or any group other than maybe Wu Tang.

Lets be real here, dude is responsible for the mainstream recognition of

Consequence
Lupe Fiasco
John Legend
Common (you can not deny that once Kanye blessed "Be," Common was a new man in the eyes of the public)
Big Sean
Kid Cudi (WILL prosper with the affliation)
Mr. Hudson (bringing him to bigger stage)
Dilated Peoples
GLC
Malik Yusef

Twista *added after edit*

indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by M16

Vinnie Paz.

Apathy
Celph Titled
Chief Kamachi
Crypt the Warchild
Demoz
Des Devious
Doap Nixon
Esoteric
King Magnetic
Jus Allah
King Syze
Planetary
Reef the Lost Cauze
7L
Virtuoso
Bahamadia
Stoupe
Faez One
Lost Children of Babylon

how do you propose someone has half of one fan?

Originally Posted by LiquidCREAM

Originally Posted by M16

Vinnie Paz.

Apathy

Celph Titled

Chief Kamachi

Crypt the Warchild

Demoz

Des Devious

Doap Nixon

Esoteric

King Magnetic

Jus Allah

King Syze

Planetary

Reef the Lost Cauze

7L

Virtuoso

Bahamadia

Stoupe

Faez One

Lost Children of Babylon

how do you propose someone has half of one fan?

At least use original jokes. This corny line was was recycled from a page ago. Like I said before, them dudes/girl already have a sizable global followingconsidering the promo they get. Built on nothing more than raw talent.

Back
Top Bottom