Is Kobe Bryant Currently The Third Best Player In League?

durantula.jpg

Who said this topic is NOT debatable?
Almost everyone who watches basketball. Even most Lakers fans accept it at this point.

You try to make it a FACT that Bron is the best player witout giving reasons...
The man is at a level right now that only Wilt and Jordan have ever reached. That enough of a reason?

Just gonna say the person with the best numbers is not necessarily the best player.

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by Do Be Doo

IMO he is number 1 still....
This.

And has been, IMO, for past 3-4 years.
What makes Kobe #1?  Is it because he won a championship last year?  Lebron is the most complete player in the NBA right now...and to me, that makes you the best in the game.  At some point you Kobe fans (not saying you JapanAir) have to realize that the torch is going to be passed whether you like it or not.  There was a period where Kobe was hands down the best in the NBA...however with Lebron's dominance on both ends of the floor, I think Kobe's time at that top spot has passed. 
I'm ALWAYS fine with people saying LeBron is a better player, but if I want someone who can make the plays, I'm taking Kobe 100,000 times out of 100,000.

LeBron is the better all-around player, he's just as fast, he's stronger, he dominates on both ends, but what separates Kobe from LeBron is Kobe's ability to end a game. I whole-heartedly agree that LeBron is more COMPLETE. LeBron has shown flashes, especially in some of those Detroit series, or against the Celtics, and maybe it's because I get nightmares of facing Kobe, but Kobe, as an opposing fan, scares me more.
If you say that Lebron is the better all-around player, why would you want Kobe 100,000 times out of 100,000?  I agree, Kobe closes out games like no-other, but is that the end-all, be-all when coming down to the deciding factor as to who is the better player?  Lebron's opportunities in 2010 have been severely limited due to the domination that the Cavs have shown against the opposition.  It's not me be an apologist for Lebron, but rather the reality of the situation that he's in.  This is the year that Lebron has taken his game to a different level.  Whether he can keep the momentum in the playoffs is a different story.  However, if I was going to start a franchise right now, my pick would be Lebron....100,000 times out of 100,000
wink.gif
Well it's what kind of context you want to put on this.

Starting a franchise, who would you pick? The choice is obvious.
In a playoff series right now, which player do you have more confidence in getting you the end result? I pick Kobe, 100,000 times out of 100,000.
laugh.gif

I see your point with the huge point differential in the Cavs, and that's fine, no bone to pick with you there. We've seen LeBron put a team on his back before. We've seen him make it to the Finals, but when he got there, his team failed. Now, his team is not an excuse. If he wins a championship soon, then I'll have no problem crowning him the best.

It's the same kind of reasoning where I value a PG like Chauncey Billups over ones like Deron Williams. Is Deron Williams a better PG? Sure. But if I want a guy to lead my team, bring all the intangibles, I want Chauncey. I've brought it up a lot this year, but last years playoffs, NOH VS DET is the prime example. Chauncey shows up to the big stage and bright lights, and he shines.
Then disappears in the later rounds.
929982chauncey-billups-2004-nba-championship-mvp-trophies-photofile-posters.jpg

I HOPE you weren't saying Chauncey disappears in later rounds of the Playoffs....

If by later you mean Conference Championships, I GUESS.
laugh.gif

Hasn't the dude sent his past like 5-6 seasons teams to the Conference Finals? Consecutively?

Chauncey is the epitome of Playoff success.

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

I hate labels.

Whoever is holding up that Finals MVP trophy, along with the Larry O'Brien at the end of the year, is the best player at that moment.

Yeah, I sure remember you Lakers fans agreeing wholeheartedly with this logic in threads after the 07-08 season finished and Paul Pierce made this statement about himself.
eyes.gif

seriously what the !*$! is up with your obsession with the lakers, kobe bryant,  and laker fans? thats all that EVER comes out of your mouth. Do you know how pathetic that looks? I feel sorry for you man.... 

Originally Posted by CP1708

Should make tomorrow night's game more interesting. 
laugh.gif

I hope someone writes an article that says Bron, Durant, Melo, Wade, Bosh, D12, CP3, Smush Parker, Tyreke Evans, John Wall, and Deron Williams are all better then Kobe. 
Then I hope someone tapes that article in Kobe's locker. 

Then I feel bad for everybody else. 
pimp.gif
I dont. the dumb @!% would probably go on a dumb shot selection spree and screw everything up. Sometimes 13 assists are better than shooting 30 shots

The players in the NBA always say Kobe is the best now....so im gonna say Kobe is #1.

d7916d2d5e7405e7f010a77727eae4b5bee15136.jpg

Really? Every time someone comes along and has a good season or two they automatically want to crown them before they earn the title. Is KD having a great season, yes, but to suggest that he at this point is better in any facet of the game than Bean even with his two broke fingers, bad knees and ankles is just ludicrous. Let the kid actually do something of note first. The ONLY thing that KD has on Bean right now is father time...

Last night's Lakers-Spurs game is a very good case-in-point that Kobe should still be considered better than Durant.

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

d7916d2d5e7405e7f010a77727eae4b5bee15136.jpg

Really? Every time someone comes along and has a good season or two they automatically want to crown them before they earn the title. Is KD having a great season, yes, but to suggest that he at this point is better in any facet of the game than Bean even with his two broke fingers, bad knees and ankles is just ludicrous. Let the kid actually do something of note first. The ONLY thing that KD has on Bean right now is father time...
roll.gif
Kobe expression. Where was this from ?

and to answer OP question. No Kobe is still numero uno in the league

he was trying to get this young white cheerleader's number (so he can cheat on his wife and daughter) and she responded with a "who are you", right in front of the post game interview! so that is the face he made after hearing her say that.

Originally Posted by Mark Madsen

this is nt where the anti laker and anti kobe talk is just absurd at times.

keep glorfiying overrated corporate creation losers like lebron james who will never win nothing because alot of you trolls don't deserve to cheer for a first class franchise like the lakers or deserve to cheer for an all american athlete like kobe.

keep being fans of the pathetic franchises you cheer for though/
024164469fe382d20208c689e0746c062b47af48.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif

roll.gif
 But seriously,who is this dude?

As a Celtic fan I hate to say it but I think Kobe is still the best right now.

When the game is on the line nobody is better then Kobe. Kobe is 1A. Lebron is 1B

I hate labels.

Whoever is holding up that Finals MVP trophy, along with the Larry O'Brien at the end of the year, is the best player at that moment.

Yeah, I sure remember you Lakers fans agreeing wholeheartedly with this logic in threads after the 07-08 season finished and Paul Pierce made this statement about himself.
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by JD617

The man is at a level right now that only Wilt and Jordan have ever reached. That enough of a reason?

wow just wow... smh 
tired.gif

Lebron is NOT at that MJ level!.... Esp. considering that a huge part of MJ's legacy is all about what he did in the Playoffs, I'm not saying LBJ can't do it or doesn't have the potential to do, he just hasn't done it yet.  I don't think that just because he is having a better season does it mean he is better than Kobe.  One thing that I do think we need to consider is the difference between being the best player in the NBA right now which Lebron may be, and that One is better than the Other as an absolute argument.  One season is not enough time to say this.  You mean that if Bron plays with a bum ankle next year and  a broken finger hindering his gameplay then all of a sudden Cav's fans would say Kobe's better? I doubt that...

Originally Posted by High Class Scum Bag

I hate labels.

eyes.gif

Back
Top Bottom