Is My MUSIC PERMITTABLE?

okay, I'm just curious I've been rapping for years on out now and I have two different myspace pages with my music on it I would appreciate it if my NIKETALK FAM could go on my sites check out my songs and leave me with the most sincerest feedback I need because I feel I can contend with the new class of artists who's tryna get some shine... this is how I feel but i truly want to know how the public perceives my tunes

www.myspace.com/fastmmusic www.myspace.com/fmoneymusic

i just really want folks who actually LISTEN to music and can break down a few of my lines because I'm not an easy rapper to listen to you actually gotta know a couple things the way i break down metaphors into each other is pretty clever... so is there anyone who can help me out

good looks

you know how to rap .. but your flow is boring and you need to master what kind of artist you wanna be ..

Originally Posted by dreamhigh

you know how to rap .. but your flow is boring and you need to master what kind of artist you wanna be ..

hmm, alright. I've heard my flow was boring on a couple occasions. it sucks because at times i think I'm switching it up I guess i'm not doing much. I'm about to switch my style up a little because I went through a break up recently and am going to put together this "Life after LOVE" mixtape in the future once I get back on my feet.

I put those different kind of songs on there to show my versatile side how I can go from a song like Paranoid to a song like Wildest Girls and I Gotta Have It

its kind of hard to do those things to a certain extent

ur first problem is u talkin bout some breakin down lines n @%%%...

worry about flow and mic presence more than anything...

+%%@* talkin bout break down a couple lines
laugh.gif

lol, so let me know how my mic presence is and flow is and whats bad about my flow in which what i need to work on

okay, in my opinion I make GOOD SONGS but its like my opinion can only take me but so far have you listened to In My Hood or I Gotta Have It ? i write everything including the hooks and put all my effort into it

another quick question. i'm def going to keep at my craft. i was wondering is there any clear cut way on becoming a ghost writer?? because I have tons of writtens and recorded material I'm just trying to find a way to break into the business and I don't mind ghost writing for artists if I can find a way to do such thing

Originally Posted by Fox5Kobe

another quick question. i'm def going to keep at my craft. i was wondering is there any clear cut way on becoming a ghost writer?? because I have tons of writtens and recorded material I'm just trying to find a way to break into the business and I don't mind ghost writing for artists if I can find a way to do such thing

To get in the ghostwriting biz u got to get tight with a producer. Have him sell some of your hooks with his beats. Get your name up and BMI will come calling. If they dont call holla at them with your info http://www.bmi.com/about/entry/533332 AFTER you've established a name. 

If you're from NYC crash some studios or intern for producers and when they're in sessions with artist throw in suggestions for hooks/verses. If they use anything from a line to a full verse they owe you money you are now a songwriter. But you have to have good ideas and be creative bring something new to the table cause Im tired of these ex-cons coming in the studio with these garbage @#@ hooks and getting BMI checks
mad.gif

WOW, i appreciate the info but the main problem is I'm nowhere near NYC anymore I'm about an Hour and some Change away but I'm no longer living in the city. I'm back at home from me not finishing college so the 2nd part is going to be difficult and there are no studios around this country side at my aunts house. I was thinking more so showing off some of my writings and maybe doing it that way... you think that's impossible?? it might be though... aww man. I feel screwed.

yea, but who do i get my works to is there anyone i show instead of a company online

yo, you happen to have that music A&R contact list?

You gotta chase your dreams fam. Try to contact some producers over email. Tell them you'll work for free an hour and change isnt that far for an opportunity of a life time. Youtube or order some books on engineering get ya hustle on and sneak your way in the game.

yeah i feel you i'm going to chase my dreams but as of right right now i'm not in a position to do a lot of stuff i've gottta find a way though this is important to me and it's going on 9 years since i've been rapping hardbody at this from writing to recording to spitting on a couple shows around the city and spitting on New Years for like 5-6 hours straight all memory

Originally Posted by dreamhigh

CASHMERE D - AMERICAN BEAUTY CHECK ME OUT I DO THOSE CHICK JOINTS

its all about confidence .. and makin it sound effortless $#@# NT's opinion.. make good songs .. dont worry how man lines you drop ..

currently listening it finally started working. i like the way you rapping on it your voice is mean and it sounds like you really mean it

the beat is sick also TIME did his thing

i might need a beat from dude

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

Your a great rapper , OP

glasses.gif

good looks my dude. im looking to get the ball rolling as far as my music is concerned there's so many ways to get started yet I FEEL WILD STUCK! not a good look

Back
Top Bottom