Is Nike Free good for running on streets?

I run up and down a hill by my place everyday and am looking for some new training shoes. Will the Nike Free line hold up to this sort of training? It's apaved road, like a regular street.

i wouldn't recommend it. Asics Kayano 15 or Nike Vomero are some of the best sellers at my store. although the free's are flying out of there likehotcakes as well, i wouldn't recommend for running on the street.

If you're relatively lightweight (under 150 lbs.) the Free Everday with Zoom Air, would be the only shoe you might try.

5db15de87c37c0194add4da312558101c96dc23.jpg

The Nike Free Everyday is a well-cushioned everyday running shoe for longer runs, offering a great ride. Breathable upper mesh is reinforced with syntheticoverlays to add maximum support. No-sew tip construction provides less irritation. Internal heel counter and plush foam package deliver maximum comfort.Sculpted Phylite[emoji]8482[/emoji] midsole with Zoom Air[emoji]8482[/emoji] heel unit gives responsive cushioning. Free-inspired siping geometry for a more natural, neutral foot strike. DurableBRS 1000[emoji]8482[/emoji] in high-abrasion areas. Wt. 10.0 oz.

Originally Posted by CWK

If you're relatively lightweight (under 150 lbs.) the Free Everday with Zoom Air, would be the only shoe you might try.

5db15de87c37c0194add4da312558101c96dc23.jpg

The Nike Free Everyday is a well-cushioned everyday running shoe for longer runs, offering a great ride. Breathable upper mesh is reinforced with synthetic overlays to add maximum support. No-sew tip construction provides less irritation. Internal heel counter and plush foam package deliver maximum comfort. Sculpted Phylite[emoji]8482[/emoji] midsole with Zoom Air[emoji]8482[/emoji] heel unit gives responsive cushioning. Free-inspired siping geometry for a more natural, neutral foot strike. Durable BRS 1000[emoji]8482[/emoji] in high-abrasion areas. Wt. 10.0 oz.

Exactly...your weight is important for these.

i am 6'2 215 lbs, and run (ran before ruptured my achilles playing ball) in free 5.0s exclusively outside on pavement since the version 1's droppedand have done multiple half marathons and sprint triathlons in them. i prefer them over my asics kinsei's and all my other nike running shoes, lunarracers/trainers, structure triax, zoom hayward 1's with full length zoom air max 360's to name a few. the cushioning is fine, they phylon midsolelasts for about 2 -3 months with consistant training before i need a new pair. the version1's didn't last as long as v2 and newer. the only thing is,if your feet aren't used to them, you may have some pain, so don't go out and try to run 5 miles in them the first day. there is a very interestingarticle on free's and the scientific basis for making them that was in sole colector magazine maybe 3-4 years ago. ill post which issue when i get home. from a biomechanical standpoint, frees are the way to go, even though it goes against all that we have learned about the NEED for cushioning (zoom, max air,gel etc) don't forget, the human foot was made to walk/run barefoot, and many people run marathons barefoot. by the way, i overpronate and have flatfeet, and the frees due to natural motion, work just fine. peace.

PS for basketball, i love me some zoom air.

Back
Top Bottom