Is Nike phasing out Lunar foam?

So I'm noticing that some of Nike's "Lunarlite" running shoes are switching to using cushlon now (I.E. Lunarglide ,etc). I find it kind ofmisleading they are still using "lunar" in the name of the shoes? Also, when I go to Niketown all the sales people still tell me they are using lunarfoam even though they aren't. Is Nike slowly phasing out lunar foam?

For the fall 2010 lineup there is a lot more Lunar Foam/Cushlon being used in shoes and the Bowerman series of shoes there is only few different ones offered.Nike seems to be slowly phasing out the Bowerman series. I don't really know what the difference is between the two.

Originally Posted by mjvc

. Nike seems to be slowly phasing out the Bowerman series. I don't really know what the difference is between the two.

IIRC, Nike said in the past that one of the key characteristics of the Bowerman line would be that the designs don't change that often, simply thecolorways.
I'm inclined to take this as another sign of their increased money-grubbing.

Originally Posted by swingshot

mjvc said:
. Nike seems to be slowly phasing out the Bowerman series. I don't really know what the difference is between the two.

IIRC, Nike said in the past that one of the key characteristics of the Bowerman line would be that the designs don't change that often, simply thecolorways.
I'm inclined to take this as another sign of their increased money-grubbing.

I think this is a sign that the Bowerman series is the series that they use to compete with Asics, Brooks, Saucony etc. This is the line for"serious" runners if you will. I think that serious runners dont like alot of change. THey like to know the Pegasus, or the Structure or whatevershoe they have used is the same shoe.

You want different then get a shox or a 360 or a Lunar Racer. That is why they dont change alot of the Bowerman designs. IMO

There is a difference between the Lunarlite cushioning system and Lunar Foam.

To answer OP's question... No they won't be phasing out Lunar Foam. But it does look like they are phasing out the Bowerman Series.

Back
Top Bottom