Is Niketalk semi dead now? It's been a minute since I've been on here.

There is some validity to not having the behemoths of threads where information goes to get lost. At one time you could look at a forum and see what shoes were dropping. Now you have to do a deep dive in a 2k page thread that is 10 years old to find out. That is a fairly big deterrent for anyone looking for said info.

I can remember popping open the JB forum to see what news someone was posting that day. And you could always see it front and center. No digging.

I agree.....in the shoe sections.

For those that responded to me questioning the idea of NT being the center of the internet, comments alike the above is what I am talking about.

NT folks swear they start stuff man.
I understand what your saying but a lot of the internet sayings pics and other stuff from what I understand started on here

At one time niketalk was the center of the “sneaker internet” now it’s just like an empty bar Especially the Jordan Threads

Last edited:
Some of ya'll are definitely downplaying NT's impact on the rest of the internet. Time has passed though so I get it.
Which terms has NT introduced to the internet?

I understand what your saying but a lot of the internet sayings pics and other stuff from what I understand started on here

At one time niketalk was the center of the “sneaker internet” now it’s just like an empty bar

Give examples since there are "so many."

Which terms has NT introduced to the internet?

Give examples since there are "so many."

I’ll give you word one and only one hypebeast

I never heard this word till around 2004 0r 2005 anywhere else but on niketalk and people who where into sneakers at the time in shops onlines ect

Maybe I’m right maybe I’m wrong but I’m sure that word Originated here
Also I believe the crying Jordan gif came from NT

Some of ya'll are definitely downplaying NT's impact on the rest of the internet. Time has passed though so I get it.

100% agree
IG and sneakers where a perfect fit Me I never took advantage of using Instagram to sell sneakers I personally feel comfortable here.
Selling to like minded people

But sneaker collecting has taken off the past couple of years because of the roots of niketalk and people going to Instagram just looking at sneakers and stuff that people wear.

Like the WDYW thread is not needed anymore people got to IG for that

They’ll give IG or Twitter all the credit for creating anything.

But let NT day it started something :lol: :rofl:

Newsflash. Every SM platform has elitist type people. Stop being so damn soft

“NT not welcoming” well, take your corny behind elsewhere. We are adults

I’ll give you word one and only one hypebeast

I never heard this word till around 2004 0r 2005 anywhere else but on niketalk and people who where into sneakers at the time in shops onlines ect

Maybe I’m right maybe I’m wrong but I’m sure that word Originated here
Also I believe the crying Jordan gif came from NT

The word “deadstock”

I don’t like memes but, NT been making memes since at least 2007

They’ll give IG or Twitter all the credit for creating anything.

But let NT day it started something :lol: :rofl:

Newsflash. Every SM platform has elitist type people. Stop being so damn soft

“NT not welcoming” well, take your corny behind elsewhere. We are adults
An adult would not say something like that. Case in point, Donald Trump stating to Omar, leave the country.

This site is not a welcoming crowd. It is incredibly bigoted, incredibly misogynist, and borderline racist due to some of the members and how they try and control content within threads. The tone becomes you can be Black, but just do not talk about it here in ABC thread. In fact, we'd rather you not talk about being what you are at all, because it makes everyone uncomfortable. Many of you need this place in order to hide.

And as far as things I believe originated here, I’d say the WDYWT culture and sneaker photography did....i can’t say for certain though...seems like it

It's not the proposals, UI or any threads...it the intent of said proposals and such. You tyring to get old time back. Not without a flux capacitor b

no, because as we stand now if we fix what's broken we can preserve what we still have without eroding further.

An adult would not say something like that. Case in point, Donald Trump stating to Omar, leave the country.

This site is not a welcoming crowd. It is incredibly bigoted, incredibly misogynist, and borderline racist due to some of the members and how they try and control content within threads. The tone becomes you can be Black, but just do not talk about it here in ABC thread. In fact, we'd rather you not talk about being what you are at all, because it makes everyone uncomfortable. Many of you need this place in order to hide.

#1. I’m BLACK as lava.
#2. Never felt inferior to white people and don’t CARE about their opinions. So miss me with your crying

#3. Again, Platforms like FB, IG, and TWITTER are just as racist and bigoted as you suggest NT is. :lol: :rofl:

Do you tweet or post stuff on IG about its racist users??? I think not :lol: :rofl:

#1. I’m BLACK as lava.
#2. Never felt inferior to white people and don’t CARE about their opinions

#3. Again, Platforms like FB, IG, and TWITTER are just as racist and bigoted as you suggest NT is. :lol: :rofl:

Do you tweet or post stuff on IG about its racist users??? I think not :lol: :rofl:
I don't use facebook, IG or any social media, so your presumption is as foolish, pitiful, as your response on leaving.

If she were a white woman, she would have been welcomed with open arms. Dudes would have been begging her for pics, probably asking her for her dirty socks.

Bro. No shade, but have you tried blackplanet? I think that's the pro black community you're really looking for.

Bro. No shade, but have you tried blackplanet? I think that's the pro black community you're really looking for.
I am here for sneakers first.

I stumbled upon the discussions by mistake. The conversations read, the positions held, rules that people try to enforce, are quite comical to me. Anyone with half a brain can tell that many of the posters here are not only uncomfortable with Black empowerment, but also women's rights, also gay and transgender rights as well.

People should have the right to be who they are, regardless of where they go. The overall view here is tainted by a white westernized vision of masculinity, which in itself is incredibly insecure and disingenuous.

No shade.

Back
Top Bottom