Is not giving a tip bad

In the OP you said you felt disrespected because she made a comment about you complaining about your bill. You felt disrespected so you stiffed her. Now your bringing up her lack of knowledge about imported beer and her refusing to even find out. That's a pretty big jump from side comment.

You most def a waitress.

I don't see how people are advocating for tips for being disrespected and uninformed. The correct answer there is "let me find out" not I don't have time.

Weird coming from Mr selfish, earn things on your own conservative.

First of all all a waiter does is put in the order and get drinks. They don't cook, they don't even bring out the food half the time. Like I'm tipping you but because my bill is 170 dollars don't mean you deserve a 27 dollar tip for brining me a sprite with a little bit of ice and some extra napkins. Foh

Last edited:
 Originally Posted by Chadleroy  

What if the bill is $100 plus?

10 dollars
roll.gif

Might as well hold onto that 10 because they hate you just as much as if you left no tip.

And y'all trying to call me sensitive lol. So it's a big deal now that I ask what type of beer they have? Isn't that your job to know. It's not like I was asking for the sake of it and not getting a drink period

Bartended throughout grad school at a predominantly minority bar.

black people, all people tipped me well.

y'all need to chill w them stereotypes 

Real talk OP your situation could have easily been handled better.

Wait until everyone is done. The server will either just give you guys one bill in which case you say, can I have mine separate. Or she will asked you guys if you wanna split and again you answer for yourself and say you want your bill. If she had an attitude and you don't feel like tipping then don't....It's your money. If the service was good, then you tip. That's it.

so its wrong for him to ask what imported beers are available?

with is wrong w you dudes 

I think OP was trying too hard to get ahead of the situation he found himself in which was potentially partially paying for his man's drinks, were you embarrassed to flat out tell your dudes once the bill was received "what do I owe ya?" Seriously asking for a separate bill for a damn appetizer and one drink is kind of lame bro...just deal with it with your boys directly...waitress didn't need to be involved :lol:

sounds like your assuming 

your implanting ur own tendencies once again on another man's story.

so its wrong for him to ask what imported beers are available?

with is wrong w you dudes 

Not really, but at that type of place, what's the point :lol: doesn't seem like the type of place that even carries quality beer.

Yeah OP, why where you so eager to get your bill?
Were you in a rush? Leaving before your homies?

Zik - We already know about your cheap ways. I know you keeping a close eye on this thread.

Dude is a certified panzi for askin for juan of these. Never seen these in a place that sells alcohol.

Yuengling-bottles-208x300.png

Ya because asking for a separate bill is a big deal for everyone involved. Obviously if I had cash on me I would have just gave it to my friends without hesitation but I was paying with my card.

Ya because asking for a separate bill is a big deal for everyone involved. Obviously if I had cash on me I would have just gave it to my friends without hesitation but I was paying with my card.

Why not just wait till the bill was served? Chances are the waitress was gonna ask if ya wanted it seperate or all on one bill...if it's all one bill, just talk to your mans straight up, see how much you owe and put your card on the table...you drew too much attention to yourself asking for a separate bill twice, my boys would have called me out on it and probably clowned me and then made me feel even more cheap when they tell me to keep my 16$ but that's my friends...lol

Anyways...from what you posted OP, don't trip. Waitress was on something if she couldn't give you a separate check. If she had the nerve to say something about your $16 bill for what you ordered, then she shouldn't have a problem with you skimping on her tip. She would have been better served to keep her comments to herself.

Back
Top Bottom