Is NT becoming more like ISS?

1,345
10
Joined Feb 27, 2007
I mean, I remember when I use to be able to come to NT for a couple of things:
-Quality and original lulz
-people being made fun of
-good ratio of quality threads to bad threads
-current events

I feel like many of these things are missing

Example: the revolt in Kyrgyzstan

I mean I would expect it to have it's own 5 page discussion, but nothing. Not even the recent mining accident has a thread, or at least what one could consider a thread. It's people saying RIP like usual and not discussing anything. There's so much I would like to say, but I don't really have time, I just felt like voicing my opinion to maybe a few who care. Basically, it's not the same community it used to be, because that's what this is, a community.

BTW I compare modern Nt to ISS because I glanced through ISS a handful of times when we switched to yuku (i was still in HS and my school had it blocked) and it was the corniest threads and the corniest responses.
 
4,624
13
Joined Apr 1, 2009
Why not start a thread about the revolt in Kyrgyzstan, instead of complaining that there isn't one?
 
1,322
10
Joined May 9, 2009
Originally Posted by General Johnson

Why not start a thread about the revolt in Kyrgyzstan, instead of complaining that there isn't one?


But yea,I'm not even on NT anymore which is sad lol. I havent been on here much since the end of Feb
 

big j 33

Supporter
31,877
9,929
Joined May 31, 2006
I think also when people complain about how much NT has changed, they're usually not being proactive in fixing it. Like General Johnson said, rather than make a thread complaining, make a thread about that topic. If you dislike seeing so many pointless posts, start contributing with some stronger and more quality topics.

Also, people can easily recognize the bad and it's much easier to complain about it than spotlighting the good.

The biggest problem facing the board is simply generic responses "YNS" "you mad" "dat mass" "dead", and the constant need to try to expose or pull someone's card for no reason. Everything has a limit, all of those things can be funny at times, but when they're beaten into the ground ad nauseam, that's when it gets annoying and tired. That plus the usual trolls and instigators, but it's an internet forum. You can't simply shut off aspects you don't like. Memes, trolls, repeated/generic responses, etc. it's all avoidable for the most part. So complaining really does nothing, and this isn't a new topic. Don't laugh at stupid things, don't acknowledge trolls and dumb posts, and that's all that can be done.

Unless of course I'm put in charge as a supreme dictator of sorts with absolute power, then I'll rule with an iron fist.
 
3,571
10
Joined Nov 14, 2008
Eh, I would have to agree. Frequents members of ISS are migrating here, I signed up there for the auto thread and for the marketplace.
 
1,345
10
Joined Feb 27, 2007
Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

Originally Posted by proper english

i'm sick and tired of seeing "remember back in the day" threads.. 
Same here.
I am too, I was even going to add something about those threads. How am I suppose to change it though, I truly believe at this point NT will never go back to the way it used to be, I think it finally has gone mainstream.
 
5,172
27
Joined Jan 16, 2008
Originally Posted by General Johnson

Why not start a thread about the revolt in Kyrgyzstan, instead of complaining that there isn't one?

yea and change the title of this to delete
 
6,037
14
Joined May 9, 2007
Originally Posted by proper english

i'm sick and tired of seeing "remember back in the day" threads..
remember back in the day when you were not tired of seeing "remember back in the day" threads?


awwwww memories
 
4,788
66
Joined Dec 19, 2004
Originally Posted by Big J 33

I think also when people complain about how much NT has changed, they're usually not being proactive in fixing it. Like General Johnson said, rather than make a thread complaining, make a thread about that topic. If you dislike seeing so many pointless posts, start contributing with some stronger and more quality topics.

Also, people can easily recognize the bad and it's much easier to complain about it than spotlighting the good.

The biggest problem facing the board is simply generic responses "YNS" "you mad" "dat mass" "dead", and the constant need to try to expose or pull someone's card for no reason. Everything has a limit, all of those things can be funny at times, but when they're beaten into the ground ad nauseam, that's when it gets annoying and tired. That plus the usual trolls and instigators, but it's an internet forum. You can't simply shut off aspects you don't like. Memes, trolls, repeated/generic responses, etc. it's all avoidable for the most part. So complaining really does nothing, and this isn't a new topic. Don't laugh at stupid things, don't acknowledge trolls and dumb posts, and that's all that can be done.

Unless of course I'm put in charge as a supreme dictator of sorts with absolute power, then I'll rule with an iron fist.
Best post in this thread. Most you could really do is ignore these wack NT'ers and get your grown man on.
 
3,454
10
Joined Jul 18, 2008
I usually like goin to iss to read about the shoes because they usually talk about the shoe more...and its not all bashing...they post pics all that .

but as far as theyre general stuff...never really looked at it

who cares??? its just a forum
 
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker or head over to our upgrade page to donate for an ad-free experience Upgrade now