Is NT becoming more like ISS?

I mean, I remember when I use to be able to come to NT for a couple of things:
-Quality and original lulz
-people being made fun of
-good ratio of quality threads to bad threads
-current events

I feel like many of these things are missing

Example: the revolt in Kyrgyzstan

I mean I would expect it to have it's own 5 page discussion, but nothing. Not even the recent mining accident has a thread, or at least what one could consider a thread. It's people saying RIP like usual and not discussing anything. There's so much I would like to say, but I don't really have time, I just felt like voicing my opinion to maybe a few who care. Basically, it's not the same community it used to be, because that's what this is, a community.

BTW I compare modern Nt to ISS because I glanced through ISS a handful of times when we switched to yuku (i was still in HS and my school had it blocked) and it was the corniest threads and the corniest responses.

Why not start a thread about the revolt in Kyrgyzstan, instead of complaining that there isn't one?

Originally Posted by General Johnson

Why not start a thread about the revolt in Kyrgyzstan, instead of complaining that there isn't one?

eek.gif
laugh.gif

But yea,I'm not even on NT anymore which is sad lol. I havent been on here much since the end of Feb
ohwell.gif

I think also when people complain about how much NT has changed, they're usually not being proactive in fixing it. Like General Johnson said, rather than make a thread complaining, make a thread about that topic. If you dislike seeing so many pointless posts, start contributing with some stronger and more quality topics.

Also, people can easily recognize the bad and it's much easier to complain about it than spotlighting the good.

The biggest problem facing the board is simply generic responses "YNS" "you mad" "dat mass" "dead", and the constant need to try to expose or pull someone's card for no reason. Everything has a limit, all of those things can be funny at times, but when they're beaten into the ground ad nauseam, that's when it gets annoying and tired. That plus the usual trolls and instigators, but it's an internet forum. You can't simply shut off aspects you don't like. Memes, trolls, repeated/generic responses, etc. it's all avoidable for the most part. So complaining really does nothing, and this isn't a new topic. Don't laugh at stupid things, don't acknowledge trolls and dumb posts, and that's all that can be done.

Unless of course I'm put in charge as a supreme dictator of sorts with absolute power, then I'll rule with an iron fist.

Eh, I would have to agree. Frequents members of ISS are migrating here, I signed up there for the auto thread and for the marketplace.

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

Originally Posted by proper english

i'm sick and tired of seeing "remember back in the day" threads.. 

Same here.
I am too, I was even going to add something about those threads. How am I suppose to change it though, I truly believe at this point NT will never go back to the way it used to be, I think it finally has gone mainstream.

Originally Posted by General Johnson

yea and change the title of this to delete

Originally Posted by proper english

i'm sick and tired of seeing "remember back in the day" threads..
remember back in the day when you were not tired of seeing "remember back in the day" threads?

awwwww memories

Originally Posted by Big J 33

I think also when people complain about how much NT has changed, they're usually not being proactive in fixing it. Like General Johnson said, rather than make a thread complaining, make a thread about that topic. If you dislike seeing so many pointless posts, start contributing with some stronger and more quality topics.

Also, people can easily recognize the bad and it's much easier to complain about it than spotlighting the good.

The biggest problem facing the board is simply generic responses "YNS" "you mad" "dat mass" "dead", and the constant need to try to expose or pull someone's card for no reason. Everything has a limit, all of those things can be funny at times, but when they're beaten into the ground ad nauseam, that's when it gets annoying and tired. That plus the usual trolls and instigators, but it's an internet forum. You can't simply shut off aspects you don't like. Memes, trolls, repeated/generic responses, etc. it's all avoidable for the most part. So complaining really does nothing, and this isn't a new topic. Don't laugh at stupid things, don't acknowledge trolls and dumb posts, and that's all that can be done.

Unless of course I'm put in charge as a supreme dictator of sorts with absolute power, then I'll rule with an iron fist.
Best post in this thread. Most you could really do is ignore these wack NT'ers and get your grown man on.

I usually like goin to iss to read about the shoes because they usually talk about the shoe more...and its not all bashing...they post pics all that .

but as far as theyre general stuff...never really looked at it

who cares??? its just a forum

Back
Top Bottom