Is Paul Pierce Retired # deserving? HOF deserving?

Isn't he like all-time leading scorer in Celtics' history? He should get his number retired just for that...

If he can win another championship or two, he's lock but for right now I think he can get in with a little push...

Originally Posted by CP1708

The Celtics retire every jersey to ever play for them so of course he'll get his. Marbury's gonna get his jersey retired by them so what does that tell you?
You say this as if:

1. Those players didn't deserve their jersey retired
2. That is the reason why they will retire HIS jersey. You don't think he has earned the right to have his # retired in Boston?

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

The Celtics retire every jersey to ever play for them so of course he'll get his. Marbury's gonna get his jersey retired by them so what does that tell you?
You say this as if:

2. That is the reason why they will retire HIS jersey. You don't think he has earned the right to have his # retired in Boston?

Paul certainly deserves to have his number retired, I have no issue with him at all.

But just being on a championship team a couple times doesn't make your jersey an automatic lock to be hung up. Gimme a break. Like I said, then theLakers might as well start retirning another 15 or 20 jersey's tomorrow. The Bulls should hang Kerr up in the rafters, or BJ Armstrong.
eyes.gif

Yes his jersey should be retired
I think there's worst players in the HOF so he'll prolly make it. I dont think he's a HOF player tho.
I HATE EVERYTHING about how he plays basketball

You say this as if:

Paul certainly deserves to have his number retired, I have no issue with him at all.

But just being on a championship team a couple times doesn't make your jersey an automatic lock to be hung up. Gimme a break. Like I said, then the Lakers might as well start retirning another 15 or 20 jersey's tomorrow. The Bulls should hang Kerr up in the rafters, or BJ Armstrong.
eyes.gif

You do know without even winning a ring that he is the #2 scorer in Celtic History?

Horrible example with BJ and Kerr as well.

I don't have any doubt in my mind that he'll get his jersey retired.

HOF can go either way. I'm leaning towards yes for now. If he gets one more title it's a lock IMO.

You say this as if:

But just being on a championship team a couple times doesn't make your jersey an automatic lock to be hung up. Gimme a break. Like I said, then the Lakers might as well start retirning another 15 or 20 jersey's tomorrow. The Bulls should hang Kerr up in the rafters, or BJ Armstrong.
eyes.gif

You do know without even winning a ring that he is the #2 scorer in Celtic History?

Horrible example with BJ and Kerr as well.

Ummmmmm, what are we doin here? I said, perfectly I thought, I have no issue with Paul hanging his jersey at all. I have no issue with it. I agree, goodchoice, pick one.

I was speaking on behalf of the 10 other nobodies that have their jersey's up in Boston's rafters. Not Paul Pierce, his I agree with.

We on the same page now?
laugh.gif

^
Certainly you aren't gonna try and tell me how great each and every one of those dudes was from back in the 60's that none of us have ever heard of.

Like I said, just being on a championship team a couple times shouldn't get your jersey hung up for all time. I don't know how one could argue that. As I said above, that's saying that Kerr and BJ should have their jersey's up in the rafters as well.

Stop playing, P. Pierce is HOF and #34 in the rafters. He brought a championship back to Boston, the Celtics organization respect things like that. Unlike theKnicks and Patrick Ewing.

^
Certainly you aren't gonna try and tell me how great each and every one of those dudes was from back in the 60's that none of us have ever heard of.
So because people have never heard of them means theyre not great?

The Celtics have the deepest history in basketball. Most NTers are 18-20ish so of course they wont know who the vast majority of Celtic legends are.

Pierce: Jersey retired, HOF induction.... done.

CP1708 wrote:
JoJo White - #10
Tom Sanders - #16
Ed Macauley - #22
Bill Sharman - #21
Frank Ramsey - #23
Sam Jones - #24

Ok, I'm listening everybody, please tell me what's so special about these players to have their jersey's in the rafters. Stats,accomplishments, whatever you got, I'm listening, please give me your arguments.

Seriously though
laugh.gif
The Celts gonna be runnin out of numbers soon I meancome on

Those are just the retired numbers up to number 25
laugh.gif
You know if theywin another chip they're for sure retiring KG (5) and Allen (20) too
laugh.gif

Celtics got some greats though
pimp.gif

it's their choice, there's no set criteria.

Jojo White was a 7 time all star, Finals MVP

Sam Jones is a HOF'er to begin with....Sharman, 8 time all star also a HOF'er. Ramsey is a HOF'er. MaCauley is a HOF'er.

maybe springfield was just biased due to location?
laugh.gif

idk...but if they were good enough to be HOF'ers...that probably meant they were good enough to have their jersey in the rafters, too.

Al3xis wrote:
it's their choice, there's no set criteria.

Jojo White was a 7 time all star, Finals MVP

Sam Jones is a HOF'er to begin with....Sharman, 8 time all star also a HOF'er. Ramsey is a HOF'er. MaCauley is a HOF'er.

maybe springfield was just biased due to location?
laugh.gif

idk...but if they were good enough to be HOF'ers...that probably meant they were good enough to have their jersey in the rafters, too.

You startin to get where I'm goin there.......
laugh.gif

There was like 10 teams back then, the team that had Russell and Cousy won all the titles, so the other dudes all got to go to all star games, lots of playoffgames, win rings, but none of them were guys that were going to carry other franchises anywhere. It was success by association. They put the whole frigginteam in the hall of fame for Christ sakes.

Hey, whatever, they can do what they want, but to me, personally, it waters it down. You gonna put a guy like Paul up there, whose been doin it for years andyears and years fightin, only got 1 ring (so far) and his jersey hangs next to the 7th man from the 60's who got 8 titles?
ohwell.gif
Doesn't seem right imo.

so the criteria was different..you can't take them down now.

for what they accomplished, when they accomplished it, i don't see a problem.

i'm defending the C's too much lately

boston retired most of those numbers back in the day tho right?

i mean back then those guys where stars everybody knew about, now of days we dont give a damn about them

Back
Top Bottom