Is Paul Pierce Retired # deserving? HOF deserving?

Originally Posted by finnns2003

laugh.gif
i knew it would be lakers fans up in here arguing about the retired numbers deal.

Me being a Laker fan has nothing to do with anything. A fan of ANY team in the NBA would wonder about some of those jersey's, be realistic.

Originally Posted by ajcollector9290

Originally Posted by pdoggy85

You sound butt-hurt that nobody agrees with you. You're telling me you'd take the 2008 version of the Celtics over all versions of the 80's Celtics except the one that had more wins? Who cares who had more wins? The league was much tougher back then. Less teams = more talent per team. This is a watered down league we currently watch.

Teams better than the 2008 Celtics (just off the top of my head):
01 Lakers
Showtime Lakers (5 years)
80's Celtics (3 years)
90's Bulls (6 years)
Russell's Celtics (I'd say at least 5 of those teams were better)
Bad Boys (2 years)

And saying that the 08 Celtics were great because the turnaround they showed from 07 to 08 just means that they really sucked in 2007.

No, I am not 'butt-hurt.' I agree with several of those teams. However, you have NO IDEA about Russell's Celtic's. So there's 5 teams you can knock off the list. And who cares about records? You were the one to say that Boston had 7 better teams than the one in '08. Statistically, they did not. Talent wise? It's definitely a possibility.
Ok, take out Russell's teams. Take out the Bad Boys too. That leaves us with 15 teams better than the 08 Celtics. The NBA is currently init's 64th year of existence. So of the league's 63 current champions, the 08 Celtics aren't better than almost 25% of them. Hard to arguethey're one of the greatest ever when they can't crack the 80th percentile.

Originally Posted by Th3RealF0lkBlu3s

Originally Posted by finnns2003

laugh.gif
i knew it would be lakers fans up in here arguing about the retired numbers deal.
Hey man, you gotta admit... 21 numbers are a lot to retire
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
It is, but I won't take anything away from what those guys accomplished when I wasn't alive. How would you feel if it was you? Andpeople 30 years later said forget about it. It would feel bad.

CP, I'll chalk this up to the Phins being eliminated from the postseason, for why you're being so sour.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

I was speaking on behalf of the 10 other nobodies that have their jersey's up in Boston's rafters.
Those 10 nobodies made your team their personal urinal when they played, I am just saying.
tongue.gif

Back
Top Bottom