Is Penny Hardaway's Air Flight One the only signature shoe that MJ wore that wasn't his?

Originally Posted by Tommy Gibbs

When MJ wore the air flight one's they weren't penny's signature shoe, it was just a shoe he was contracted to wear. So i don't think he's ever worn another player sig shoe. But he did wear the terminators before the MJ 1's came out. Also therewasa pick not in a game though wear he wore the air 180 running shoes (the white and pink one's not the Barkley's)

They were indeed Penny's kicks - The #1 tab on the back, and the 3 released colorways were all either white, blue, and or black (magic colors)

Originally Posted by NY GIANTS 11

When MJ wore the air flight one's they weren't penny's signature shoe, it was just a shoe he was contracted to wear. So i don't think he's ever worn another player sig shoe. But he did wear the terminators before the MJ 1's came out. Also therewasa pick not in a game though wear he wore the air 180 running shoes (the white and pink one's not the Barkley's)

They were indeed Penny's kicks - The #1 tab on the back, and the 3 released colorways were all either white, blue, and or black (magic colors)
i smell a tone of of this post......some of ya tryin to play down the fact the jordans co-signed the penny line and its irritatin
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Untitled

i smell a tone of of this post......some of ya tryin to play down the fact the jordans co-signed the penny line and its irritatin
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Do anyone happen to know how much he put up in them? lol.
MJ rockin penny's is
pimp.gif
. My favorite players to watch growin up.

Mr Nike86 wrote:
laugh.gif

MJ rockin penny's is
pimp.gif

Game 3 of the 95 Playoffs... The Bulls lost to Orlando 110-101

MJ had 40, 7 and 4.

this would be a nice idea though...just popped up....releasing those flight ones again but instead of #1 at the back put up a jumpman logo, and for the swooshon the side....i guess it could stay...(much like how the 1s incorporate the swoosh and jumpman)....not sure how much collaborative red tape it would take forsomething of the sort to happen between nike and JB, but this is lightning in a bottle that could be used. Wont hurt anyway...its the onlyother signature shoe he's ever played in, he and Penny have respect for each other and it would be a one time release vibe....andwith all the penny's releasing lately....WHY NOT!?

im sure that would be a super limited release, marketing would be super crazy having penny and jordan playing or something as they are currently, and pennybrings up in the middle of the one-on-one how MJ wore his shoes at one point and how well he performed (while this reminiscing is goin on a clip of the matchcould play with penny givin a voice over/narration of what happened), and MJ would cut the clip by interrupting and denying it and say something like "itwasnt the shoes, its just ME!"...

but i could see that working as a valued retro release that alot of ppl would hype...cuz those flight one's havent been retroed as yet and from a JBstandpoint might be better than releasing another fusion (which everyone seems to be rather agitated with)...and ofcourse combining two great players who manyliked, including myself as they were my 2 favourites b4 penny got injured and b4 iverson crossed MJ up...
75574164.jpg

75573999.jpg

75574024.jpg
just for the fun of it....and to visually strengthen my idea above...and if it did happen know where and who you heard itfirst from!
tongue.gif

My bad on the terminators, and the air flight one's (i thought the sig shoes were only penny I-IV and the foam 1's). No down playing MJ's co-signof the Penny shoe. Penny talks about how MJ wear the flight ones in the new sole mag so I ain't arguing the truth. Either way sorry for the wrong info.

I have known this for the longest time. I have a cardboard standup MJ upper deck life size thing in my room. I always thought of all the darn shoes theycould've had him in for that pic and its the air flight ones? I always thought that was ironic as hell of all the hundereds of pairs he wore up to thatpoint in his career upper deck chose that day to take the pic for the standup cardboard thing?

Mr Nike86 wrote:
laugh.gif

MJ rockin penny's is
pimp.gif

Game 3 of the 95 Playoffs... The Bulls lost to Orlando 110-101

MJ had 40, 7 and 4.
Nice, thanks for the info.

Originally Posted by bundy9

this would be a nice idea though...just popped up....releasing those flight ones again but instead of #1 at the back put up a jumpman logo, and for the swoosh on the side....i guess it could stay...(much like how the 1s incorporate the swoosh and jumpman)....not sure how much collaborative red tape it would take for something of the sort to happen between nike and JB, but this is lightning in a bottle that could be used. Wont hurt anyway...its the only other signature shoe he's ever played in, he and Penny have respect for each other and it would be a one time release vibe....and with all the penny's releasing lately....WHY NOT!?

im sure that would be a super limited release, marketing would be super crazy having penny and jordan playing or something as they are currently, and penny brings up in the middle of the one-on-one how MJ wore his shoes at one point and how well he performed (while this reminiscing is goin on a clip of the match could play with penny givin a voice over/narration of what happened), and MJ would cut the clip by interrupting and denying it and say something like "it wasnt the shoes, its just ME!"...

but i could see that working as a valued retro release that alot of ppl would hype...cuz those flight one's havent been retroed as yet and from a JB standpoint might be better than releasing another fusion (which everyone seems to be rather agitated with)...and ofcourse combining two great players who many liked, including myself as they were my 2 favourites b4 penny got injured and b4 iverson crossed MJ up...
75574164.jpg

75573999.jpg

75574024.jpg
just for the fun of it....and to visually strengthen my idea above...and if it did happen know where and who you heard it first from!
tongue.gif

Nice idea but I cant imagine that ever happening. We probably be old as by time this would ever happen.
And those pics give me the shakes. Its so weird to me.
Also where the alpha forces anyone's sig?

I remember when he rocked those. they made one of those life-size cut out poster of him at the free throw line wearing them. didnt someone take his shoesbefore the game? or was that the reason he had to rock the #12 jersey in a game? can't remember.

Originally Posted by Untitled

what are you talkin about...air flight one's got a HUGE 1 in the back.
flight1_3.jpg

those were a penny sig like the zoom generations were a lebron sig.

thank you sir! i was hopin someone was gonna fix that!

Back
Top Bottom