Is "Religulous" the best documentary on religion EVER?

everything about this documentary is so dead-on

are there any others against religion that I should check out?

thanks

****waits for AntonLaVey****

laugh.gif
just joking fam

Still havent seen this yet..

i was never religious so this is a must see for me...

Jesus camp is pretty good. religulous was ok, but if you like bill mahr you would've heard all the jokes and his stance before.
[h3]
[/h3]

I thought it was pretty rudimentary/elementary in the ideas it presented.

My friends (who are non-religious) think it's the best thing ever because it validates their anti-religious stances. They're sure they're againstorganized religion (mainly Christianity/Catholicism) but they couldn't even tell you the most basic stuff about any of these religions that they're soheavily against. I'm not religious per se. Don't believe in any religion, don't pray, and don't go to any churches/temples/mosques. But I'mreading and learning. And yeah, the documentary presented nothing new to me.

Anyways, to me.. the extreme believers and the extreme non-believers are all the same to me.. they're the only crazy people.

This movie isn't a documentary.

It's Maher trying to put various religions and their people down because he hates religion.

If you thought you learned something from it, that's pretty sad.

No but it was good. Honestly I think Bill could've done a much better job but I guess it would have to be longer. It doesn't help how he didn't getin to the Vatican, got kicked out of one the Musim holy sites, and literally got pushed around by some Jews in Israel
laugh.gif

I'm hoping he does a sequel
pimp.gif
. What I did learn was some great stuff.

smh.gif
@ the church trying to get ppl to buy their way back in to Heaven AGAIN

No it's not the best documentary on religion. It IS however, the best religion smear movie ever.

I think Dogma holds more credibility than this movie, as far as religion goes.

I haven't gotten around to watch it. I like Maher for the most part and watch his show. But his rants on religion can sometimes be offensive to me andI'm not even religious.. He needs to tone it from a 10 to a 5..

Originally Posted by Burns1923

This movie isn't a documentary.

It's Maher trying to put various religions and their people down because he hates religion.

If you thought you learned something from it, that's pretty sad.
He's right. That being said, I am one of the biggest Bill Maher fans so I loved it.

I don't think so, but then again, I havn't seen too many.

But just as an documentary, it is a pretty good one.

It's a good documentary on religion like the Clayton Bigsby skit on The Dave Chapelle Show is a good documentary on racism. Except instead of being funnyit's just full of hate.

It's not a documentary.

It's an insulting view on religion.

Bill Maher is an extremely ignorant dude that actually believes that zeitgeist is true.

Originally Posted by Mo Matik

It's not a documentary.

It's an insulting view on religion.

Bill Maher is an extremely ignorant dude that actually believes that zeitgeist is true.
The first half hour of zeitgeist regarding religion is fact. The rest of the film and religion do not correlate other than the themes of control,manipulation, etc.

The first half hour of zeitgeist regarding religion is fact. The rest of the film and religion do not correlate other than the themes of control, manipulation, etc.

I disagree, respectfully.

By doing a small amount of research you can find that the correlations supposed by Zeitgeist are blatant lies.

Check out Zeitgeist Part 1 Exposed by Keith Thompson.

You got one side of the argument, it's only fair that you take the time to see the other side to it.

Basically he just quotes the responses of Egyptologists and Historians from respectful institutions on the correlations that Zeitgeist states.

After that� you might want to see The New Age Infiltration of the Truth Movement too.� It's really interesting, another NTer got me on it.

http://www.youtube.com/v/yN8Bw8tB5kI&hl=en&fs=1&

I think it's funny, in a smug and condescending way, but at the same time I agree with Bill most of the time.

For example, there's a Pastor he's talking to who says something like, "I'm been involved in the church, been a Pastor since I was 10,"and Bill says, "don't you think it says something about the seriousness of religion when you can be a Pastor at 10?"

Bill Maher is that dude I mess with Real Time but you shouldnt take everything he says too heart he isnt just an atheist he HATES religion every chance he getshe takes a shot at any religion
laugh.gif

And I thought it was common knowledge that Zeitgeist was fugazy interesting in a Sci Fi kinda way but fugazy
laugh.gif

if it involves Bill Mahr it automatically can't be the best of anything, only the worst of.

anyone who is a fan of that man is more likely than not the complete opposite of a Jerry Springer fan (in the bad way), just as ignorant but it's more sadbecause they still feel superior to everyone else.

Back
Top Bottom