IS Series or Mustang GT

bout to trade my 08 accord coupe for either an 07-09 IS 250/350(depending on a deal i get) or a 2010 Mustang GT. I'm really torn in the middle these 2 cars are kinda way different i know but both have things i want 
eyes.gif

Your debating between two very different cars. But I would go with the Lex for overall quality, just make sure its a stick.

any car will be manual i'm leaning towards a lexus but idk i like the "roar" and muscle of the gt

IS350 > Mustang GT (Premium) > IS250 Manual/ AWD

IS350 is best of both worlds - luxury and performance - four doors with 306hp and it's RWD. Most expensive out of the three as well. Six-speed paddle shift only though, but the gauges and dash are awesome.

Mustang, has to be the GT. The V8 (get them V6's outta here) with 315hp and 325 lb.-ft of torque is what the Mustang is, performance, can't go wrong with a six speed manual gearbox. Also the smallest and sportiest being a two-door coupe.

IS250 only good for the manual or AWD option. Sure you get the same amenities, but when you put your right foot down nothing really happens. Good economic buy though.

If you're really considering a Mustang GT it's gotta be the 2011 GT.. 5.0 with 400+ hp

You like the "roar" of a Mustang but.. A Lexus with a nice exhaust sounds
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Carver

You like the "roar" of a Mustang but.. A Lexus with a nice exhaust sounds
pimp.gif

thats the thing ive been on youtube lookin at exhaust sounds and i have yet to find a good IS sound. mustangs on the other hand has a greater advantage in that area.

Originally Posted by treewing

^Better yet a Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8
my tattoo artist has this and yes i know this thing is a beast drives like a coupe i swear haha but not my cup of tea

Originally Posted by gberdin

Originally Posted by treewing

^Better yet a Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8
my tattoo artist has this and yes i know this thing is a beast drives like a coupe i swear haha but not my cup of tea
I was joking, but seriously... 2011 Mustang 5.0

0de15347c56a7d69f3f371c976c8925b9e0ed16.jpg

42015246c2657b6585a1a8af8073bc4433bcb38.jpg

9c9354af40f9c72566f3708961242f7e32b2251.jpg

This really surprised me though:

The bottom line is this: Ford is done messing around. With the release of the 2011 Mustang GT 5.0 there are no more "Yeah, but..." reasons to buy any other pony car. Only serious Mopar-philes would choose the drastically more expensive and substantially worse Dodge Challenger SRT-8 over the Mustang GT. Aside from looks, we can't think of a single area where the similarly priced but slightly more expensive Chevy Camaro SS beats the Mustang. Speed, handling, soundtrack, brakes, interior (the GT is actually creeping into Audi levels of interior sophistication – look at those seats!), fit and finish – you name it, the Mustang's the superior sports car.

Speaking of Audi, the 5.0 makes the 354-hp S5 look like an overpriced slowpoke. We've driven both cars in anger and the 2011 Mustang GT is not only faster, but is actually rear-wheel drive, not a FWD platform fitted with Quattro all-wheel drive. Want us to go even further? We'd prefer the Mustang GT to a BMW 650i. Sure, the BMW has dash leather and... iDrive. But (again), the GT makes more power (the 650i manages 360 hp), handles better and is quieter unless you're really belting the throttle. Also, Sync's a whole lot better than iDrive, even the much improved new iDrive. Not only that, but the GT's new 5.0-liter V8 engine is in another league than (previous) competitors like the Nissan 370Z and Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8. Getting the point? In 2011, the Mustang GT is the car to beat. Welcome back, 5.0.

via http://www.autoblog.com/2...-mustang-gt-first-drive/

Back
Top Bottom