Is Social Media Destroying Society? Former Facebook Exec Says 'Yes'

I take two pics and that's it. You not about to 'oh can i get one more' me to death.

And to your point DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican , yes, it is definitely narcissism training. Everything is about 'me', yet some wonder why there's no camaraderie amongst us... Because everything is a damn competition. From getting a job, to getting a mate to getting likes on ig to getting a bigger house.

I'm curious to know how America will be 10 years from now.

Hate is a strong term but I find it a bit "unattractive" these days. It's really rare to meet a woman (amongst "millennials) who doesn't place so much stock into her instagram/snapchat.

If anyone watches American Gods...the scene where Bilquis, an ancient black sex goddess (one of the old gods) is down bad and Technical Boy (the internet, one of the new gods) offers her a new altar (smartphones + social media) to be worshipped again...had me ****ing FLOORED the first time I saw it.

It literally has become an altar...for women (and men) to be worshipped on. It's Instant Gratification. Need a quick pick me up? Post that thirst trap and soak in the attention.

Hate is a strong term but I find it a bit "unattractive" these days. It's really rare to meet a woman (amongst "millennials) who doesn't place so much stock into her instagram/snapchat.

If anyone watches American Gods...the scene where Bilquis, an ancient black sex goddess (one of the old gods) is down bad and Technical Boy (the internet, one of the new gods) offers her a new altar (smartphones + social media) to be worshipped again...had me ****ing FLOORED the first time I saw it.

It literally has become an altar...for women (and men) to be worshipped on. It's Instant Gratification. Need a quick pick me up? Post that thirst trap and soak in the attention.

INSTA(nt)
GRA(tification)m

I need to watch that episode

It's literally a social credit score. Many women love status and that's a concise way to gauge it.

I just want to know how far the limits will get pushed with the attention seeking. Women are literally on there butt naked or with a sheer item covering the nips.

Last edited:
Interesting concept, that film.

Those follower numbers on ig are essentially votes. The more you have, the more your perceived value is. And people wonder why people do anything for likes or followers, it's essentially determining how fit you are to survive.

I wonder if that got shared/posted on the gram. Cuz if it did...

It’ll probably get the same range of likes a person normally gets, maybe even a few “100” or praying hand emojis. But then gets forgetten about.

It’s not like he’s saying anything different than all the stuff Jay Shetty or any other influencer posts to sound deep. Hell, you can probably find a random thot trying to have a caption like that underneath her thong photo:rolleyes

Prince EA is dope. He made another vid that was very popular. That video was genuine and with pure intentions... Everything social media is not. It's the proverbial cure for cancer that'll get swept under the rug. Most of those influencers only care about their bag and their status because that's "the American way"

Back
Top Bottom