Is Social Media Destroying Society? Former Facebook Exec Says 'Yes'

Whats up with parents these days jumping to social media to expose their children rather than handling their business within the privacy of their own homes?

What does this prove? That you're "doing your job as a parent"?

People these days are so trash. Not only is she humiliating the boy online, but now when he goes to school, there could be other kids who's parents saw the video and he could get picked on.

Yeah he was being a little bad ***, but handle your **** with the cameras off. Don't nobody need to see how you discipline your child. You get no pats on the back for dong what you're SUPPOSED to do, but it seems like parents these days are so quick to do this **** for likes its like they don't know whats right from wrong parenting unless they get that instant feedback of emoji's under a post.

Trash

Whats up with parents these days jumping to social media to expose their children rather than handling their business within the privacy of their own homes?

People these days are so trash. Not only is she humiliating the boy online, but now when he goes to school, there could be other kids who's parents saw the video and he could get picked on.

Yeah he was being a little bad ***, but handle your **** with the cameras off. Don't nobody need to see how you discipline your child. You get no pats on the back for dong what you're SUPPOSED to do, but it seems like parents these days are so quick to do this **** for likes its like they don't know whats right from wrong parenting unless they get that instant feedback of emoji's under a post.

Trash

Messed up but his crying/movements are funny as hell. :lol:

Trash

I definitely agree people humiliating their kids online for the world too see isn’t a good idea of parenting.

Their was video of kid getting clowned on by his brother cause he kept whooping his asz in madden and the kid kept crying cause his older kept teasing him.

I was like damm no need to embrass your own bro for lulz.

Last edited:
Idk about other regions but there's this thing with black families in the South where some weird type of honor is associated with how hard and effectively you discipline your kids. I'm certain it's linked to slave mentality somehow.

Not the same topic but similar conversations are had in fraternities, there's pride in who beats new pledges the hardest.

Trash

See, this is abuse. Humiliation isn’t a part of discipline. They traded one bad thing for another. Keep that **** at the house. You think those parents would like their asses whooped on Instagram the next time they **** up?

Social Media definitely has ruined society. People don't know how to talk to each other now. Everything is dumbed down, people don't know how to read a book or newspaper nowadays.

I'm only 28, but I find myself saying "back in my days" way too often.

Kids don't go out to play manhunt, ride bicycles, explore the local park, or play sports like they used to.

Every kid is now glued to the screens, Parents give their babies a Cellphone to keep them entertained at 1- 2 years old.

Those kids are going to grow up with eye strains, and it probably will affect their vision.

It's not the same as it used to be. My Generation, was the last "old school", mixed with the emerging technology age.

Last edited:
1 like in a 2 hour span?
2369BB50-AAD0-4EA3-B246-977551AFAB17.gif
We have to do better as a society.

This shouldn't be the goal

Deleted my IG and Twitter couple days so I'm oblivious to what's going on in the world.
Too much cap **** goin on.
****** tryna look cool.
*****es talkin all that freaky **** then get cold feet in the DMs.
Had to let it go.
Don't miss it one bit.

Deleted my IG and Twitter couple days so I'm oblivious to what's going on in the world.
Too much cap **** goin on.
*****s tryna look cool.
*****es talkin all that freaky **** then get cold feet in the DMs.
Had to let it go.
Don't miss it one bit.
I never understand cats like you that are still on messageboards talking about man flip social media. I see this as something similar honestly.

I never understand cats like you that are still on messageboards talking about man flip social media. I see this as something similar honestly.

It really isn't. The personal component isn't commonplace on forums. It's a message based. There's not a curated feed to scroll thru of what we're eating, where we're vacationing, etc.

It's....text. This is one big *** group text message.

It really isn't. The personal component isn't commonplace on forums. It's a message based. There's not a curated feed to scroll thru of what we're eating, where we're vacationing, etc.

It's....text. This is one big *** group text message.
That's your view I disagree but we all see things differently. The personal component isn't really there on twitter or ig either. Just because you see a cats face don't mean you know them you're still mainly texting with folks you don't know.

As far as the tired imo of seeing what folks are eating you don't have to follow those cats or snoop on their pages. I'm basically saying it's no big deal because just like on here you can bypass things you don't care for. Same stuff to me esp when you add in online no matter where you go sounds a lot different than your average irl convos ime. I'm mainly speaking on how people "talk" to each other esp in aggressive situations towards each other. Again you can disagree just don't agree with you and that's ok too.

Back
Top Bottom