Is Social Media Destroying Society? Former Facebook Exec Says 'Yes'

Saying NT is social media therefore it’s the same as fb or IG...is the same as saying motorcycles and bikes both have two wheels therefore they’re the same thing.

Many aspects that overlap each other between NT and other forms of social media but absolutely not the same thing.
I have ZERO social media, I’m not about to let people tell me that’s not true just cause I have NT.

They serve completely different purposes.
For one, there’s no females on this site. While pictures get posted on this site, it is NOT the essence of NT the way pictures are the essence of IG or FB.

Complete worlds apart.

Anonymity is a major difference as well. There is a difference between bleedo2 posting a pic of his feet at a bunch of e-acquaintances and Jerry k Matthews posting vacation pics to humans he knows in real life. Same thing goes for sharing opinions.
No ex gfs are trying to dm you here and you are not spending your days commenting on your homies ex gfs bikini pics at a place like this either.

NT IS social media. Don’t know why you guys go so hard to believe otherwise.

NT was around before IG and most certainly before FB when the term “social media” wasn’t even a thing.
So is NT the original social media or are you just going to lump any platform where people can upload pics and call it social media?

I mean, it’s like calling the news reality tv.

The most ignorant thing about this whole thread is how SCkid and DC now have beef.
DC been vocal before about how he a fan of SCkid but now they beefing cause of what is or is not social media.

Sad day for trolling.

NT was around before IG and most certainly before FB when the term “social media” wasn’t even a thing.
So is NT the original social media or are you just going to lump any platform where people can upload pics and call it social media?

The most ignorant thing about this whole thread is how SCkid and DC now have beef.
DC been vocal before about how he a fan of SCkid but now they beefing cause of what is or is not social media.

Sad day for trolling.
I didn’t think it needed to be said but..... YES...... diffferent forms of social media will be....... DIFFERENT

I remember my ex always complaining about me being on social media back in 2012 and I'd be like 'I'm on Niketalk not social media' and she'd be like 'same thing'.

This argument is getting kinda out of hand so let's just break it down. Niketalk is a medium for socializing, thus making it social media. It's different from fb but it's still socializing.

Last edited:
Why so many street dudes snitching (even before social media)
Posting all there illegal activity on social media getting cased up...

Stop it with “Natural” crap. I grew up around so called “street dudes” young and old, and they main culprits. Ironically, The men are just as worse as these women.

I don’t even use social media much. I’m old fashioned, so this doesn’t apply to me...

WTF does that have to do with the context of what I was responding to???

Sad day for trolling.

I don't have beef with him I was kidding about the respect thing lol

I disagree /argue with my closest of friends.
Don't mean I don't like them any less.

Saying NT is social media therefore it’s the same as fb or IG...is the same as saying motorcycles and bikes both have two wheels therefore they’re the same thing.

Many aspects that overlap each other between NT and other forms of social media but absolutely not the same thing.
I have ZERO social media, I’m not about to let people tell me that’s not true just cause I have NT.

They serve completely different purposes.
For one, there’s no females on this site. While pictures get posted on this site, it is NOT the essence of NT the way pictures are the essence of IG or FB.

Complete worlds apart.

No. It is like you telling me a structure that has walls, bedrooms, bathrooms, and a kitchen isn't a house because it is in a gated community.

Niketalk is social media in a gated community.

But keep telling yourselves yall are any different

WTF does that have to do with the context of what I was responding to???

You were trying to be “sarcastic” about the “streets” teaching certain habits. Which I disapproved of, so. There you have it.

Take it how you want it

I remember my ex always complaining about me being on social media back in 2012 and I'd be like 'I'm on Niketalk not social media' and she'd be like 'same thing'.

This argument is getting kinda out of hand so let's just break it down. Niketalk is a medium for socializing, this making it social media. It's different from fb but it's still socializing.
So it is social media

No. It is like you telling me a structure that has walls, bedrooms, bathrooms, and a kitchen isn't a house because it is in a gated community.

Niketalk is social media in a gated community.

But keep telling yourselves yall are any different

Call it social media if you must. Don’t make a difference to me.
But if we want to be real, can we acknowledge that the root of your whole argument is that NTers are equally as shallow and self serving as the “narcissistic” people looking for likes on ig?

Regardless of what you want to call NT, this is really the ONLY point you are looking to make in this thread.
The people arguing against you are refusing to accept that NT is as shallow as IG.

Calling it social media is just a weak cover up for what you are really looking to say about NTers.

You just want to rile people up.
I respect the troll game.

Last edited:
The only reason I still visit NT is because I feel a sense of community ... Probably stemming from the fact that we all generally shared a love for sneakers at some point ...

Twitter is a free for all ... The opportunity for anonymity and interaction with celebrities just creates a cauldron of horse **** ... Facebook is for old people and fake news ... The Gram is for fake models and proving you are cooler than everyone while being a loser ... People were much better off when they didn't have direct access to a plastic pumped celebrity taking pictures of their *** all day ...

Again, social media is a net negative ...

NT is social media...and I love stunting on NT fools with them expensive smells...
It does make me feel like im wealthier classier and just all around better than you all
qJj1j6

Nt is a discussion board, so in my eyes that gives it depth that ig doesn't have. There may be arguments in the comments but it's not all out discussion. Ig is definitely shallow. It's a highlight reel.

the root of your whole argument is that NTers are equally as shallow and self serving as the “narcissistic” people looking for likes on ig?
only went as deep as Page 5.

Please be honest, what is the purpose of these threads Diego

https://niketalk.com/threads/wdywt.664728/unread

https://niketalk.com/threads/post-your-sunglasses-vol-spring-is-here-summer-is-close.159140/

https://niketalk.com/threads/post-your-beard-vol-beardgang.570752/

https://niketalk.com/threads/whats-the-total-value-of-everything-you-wore-today.646547/

Nt is a discussion board, so in my eyes that gives it depth that ig doesn't have. There may be arguments in the comments but it's not all out discussion. Ig is definitely shallow. It's a highlight reel.
Again, different forms of SM serve different purposes.

You get more text on FB than Twitter than IG

It doesn't make any of those any "less" social media.

The only reason I still visit NT is because I feel a sense of community ... Probably stemming from the fact that we all generally shared a love for sneakers at some point ...

Twitter is a free for all ... The opportunity for anonymity and interaction with celebrities just creates a cauldron of horse **** ... Facebook is for old people and fake news ... The Gram is for fake models and proving you are cooler than everyone while being a loser ... People were much better off when they didn't have direct access to a plastic pumped celebrity taking pictures of their *** all day ...

Any SM platform can have a community/circle of users that share common interests.

Everyone on Twitter isn't Tweeting at celebs/companies
Everyone on IG isn't following or stroking the egos of Fake Models

So this idea of "Twitter/FB/IG" is _____ (insert common user experience) is just false.

My Twitter experience consists of
BAsketball
Wrestling
NT DUdes
Personal Friends

So my Twitter experience is VERY similar to my NT experience

They are literally what YOU make them

You’re a racist. This ain’t your community. Your boy unicorn just got exposed for being a complete fraud.

Any SM platform can have a community/circle of users that share common interests.

Everyone on Twitter isn't Tweeting at celebs/companies
Everyone on IG isn't following or stroking the egos of Fake Models

So this idea of "Twitter/FB/IG" is _____ (insert common user experience) is just false.

My Twitter experience consists of
BAsketball
Wrestling
NT DUdes
Personal Friends

So my Twitter experience is VERY similar to my NT experience

Great points ... I dont do enough muting / blocking ...

This I agree with.
Maybe I should have said NT and FB are not the same thing TO ME.

I don't post what I wear on fb or videos or thoughts on food etc
Nothing I post on fb I post here
I have a Totally different set of aquantances that discuss a totally different set of things

I guess if someone was inclined they could make them the same.

Back
Top Bottom