is t mobile serious right now? vol scam artists

WRONG....

my original family corporate plan had the clause that I could upgrade my phone every 2 years, and pay the price that others would pay when joining (so basically a $500 phone would cost me $200) and not have to adjust my plan or monthly fee...

to me this was how business should be operated, take care of your loyal customers :smh:

There is no such thing as a clause in your contract or corporate plan that says you can upgrade your phone every 2 years. That is just standard way of operating on the old plans. You still don't seem to grasp what other are saying in here so I will try and break it down for you a little more since I do this daily.

Say you have a 2 line account. On the old plan with a subsidized phone and 2 year contract you are looking at minimum $160/mo for fully unlimited. That is $100 for the 2 lines then unlimited data for $30 on each phone. The cheapest data would be a required $20 2GB data feature, so you are still looking at $140, and those prices are before taxes. The new value plans, 2 lines fully unlimited are $120, then say you purchase 2 phones you have a $20/mo per line installment, that brings it up to the same as it was before, even less after taxes since your phone payment is taxed up front. So OP, you are not paying more, in most cases you are paying less. Moving people to the new plans on average I would say I save people about $40 per month on their bill even with phone payments.

Plus the Jump program takes the place of insurance, and basically allows you to trade your phone back every 6 months, T-Mobile will pay your remaining installments so you can buy a new device and not being paying off 2 phones at once. So instead of getting an "upgrade" once every 2 years you get the option once every 6 months. Most people feel like their phones are outdated after a year and want a new one, it is a nice option compared to Verizon and AT&T having you by the balls.

Also, don't be surprised if other carriers start doing this, Cricket already has and word is out that AT&T may soon follow.

so paying the fee upfront is not worth it? better off paying the minimum, spread it out monthly, and then get a new phone within the next two years? basically lease a phone over owning it?

so if i want to upgrade my TMOBILE plan and get an s4 (keeping my data), what is the cheapest route to go?

so paying the fee upfront is not worth it? better off paying the minimum, spread it out monthly, and then get a new phone within the next two years? basically lease a phone over owning it?

Really depends, if you want to get a new phone every 6 months, why not pay the minimum down with the monthly installment. Right now they have a promo going where on qualifying credit every phone except for iPhone 5 32 and 64gb are zero down. You just pay the tax on the full cost up front. The easiest way to understand paying for the phone is they are 1) Being more transparent about what you are paying for in your bill 2) Giving you more flexibility with no contracts and better upgrade options.

so if i want to upgrade my TMOBILE plan and get an s4 (keeping my data), what is the cheapest route to go?
Look on your mytmobile acct and post what rate plan you are on, and how long it has been since your last upgrade
i havent upgraded my phone in over 2 years(been on this family plan for over 5 years). when you say "rate plan" do you mean how much i pay for my minutes each month or how much i pay for data?

whatever you do, don't go to sprint they are way behind with LTE and their coverage sucks. btw tmobile is a great deal, i recently switched from att who gives you a 2 year contract and the reason why att plans are so expensive is because the phone is subsidized into your bill. and what sucks about that is after your pay off your phone, your monthly bill doesnt decrease. they just keep making more money from you. best thing to do is buy the phone unlocked because if you get into a contract your actually paying a lot more than the unlocked price of the phone

So recommended thing is to buy unlocked phone off eBay or wherever, then jump on one of the main carriers?

yeah thats what i would do, you can buy an iphone and some other compatible phones and unlock it for $5, thats what i did with my att iphone

i havent upgraded my phone in over 2 years(been on this family plan for over 5 years). when you say "rate plan" do you mean how much i pay for my minutes each month or how much i pay for data?

No like the actual name, Family Classic, Value, etc.

Either way if you are on a Classic plan your line would qualify for $20 off as long as you have a $20 data feature, so if you purchase a phone on installments you wouldn't see an increase in your bill. If you purchase a phone at best buy or walmart, they will put a required data feature on there and you would no longer receive that discount. Basically 95% of the time you are going to be doing better buying the phone from T-Mobile on an installment plan rather than going to a 3rd party dealer and signing a 2 year contract for a subsidized phone.

No like the actual name, Family Classic, Value, etc.

Either way if you are on a Classic plan your line would qualify for $20 off as long as you have a $20 data feature, so if you purchase a phone on installments you wouldn't see an increase in your bill. If you purchase a phone at best buy or walmart, they will put a required data feature on there and you would no longer receive that discount. Basically 95% of the time you are going to be doing better buying the phone from T-Mobile on an installment plan rather than going to a 3rd party dealer and signing a 2 year contract for a subsidized phone.
im on the classic family 1k minutes plan but i only pay $5/month for my data (2GB unlim). i tried to upgrade on bestbuy for the s4( comes out to $330 w/taxes and fees) and they allowed me to stick with my current data plan ($0 charge) and did not put a required data feature. does that mean that i can upgrade and just pay the $330 and call it a day without expecting to seeing an extra charge on my bill every month?

Last edited:
im on the classic family 1k minutes plan but i only pay $5/month for my data (2GB unlim). i tried to upgrade on bestbuy for the s4( comes out to $330 w/taxes and fees) and they allowed me to stick with my current data plan ($0 charge) and did not put a required data feature

Right now you are receiving the discount then. Generally 2gb data cost $20 per month, you also receive a $5 discount off your talk part of the plan to total a $20 discount. If you buy a phone from BestBuy, you will lose that discount, since it is only applied after 18 months of buying a subsidized phone. So essentially you are going to pay the same monthly wherever you buy the phone, Bestbuy your data goes up, T-Mobile you have the monthly phone installment. Now the upfront cost from T-Mobile is going to be wayyy cheaper, plus you have more flexibility. In this case there is no benefit of purchasing the phone on a 2 year upgrade at Bestbuy

airblaster... if im on contract with t-mobile im i stuck on it til the contract is up, or is there a way for me to get out and get a cheaper family plan..

How long ago did you sign the contract? And how many lines have done an upgrade in the last 18 months?

How long ago did you sign the contract? And how many lines have done an upgrade in the last 18 months?
i have been with t-mobile for 9 years... i have a old family plan.. 2 lines on the family plan contracts are done in oct/nov.. i added another line just recently probably a month or 2 before they brought out the no contracts thing... i saw a family plan with 4 lines with unlimited everything for like $180 or something?

I did the math myself. I'm on a family plan where I'm the only one with an unlimited data and text plan, so the new plan T-Mobile is offering would end up costing me more in the long run, which is why I upgraded through Best Buy instead.

Ay Foam.
That Best Buy part... what's the difference than going to stand-alone AT&T or T-mobile store?

Best Buy is the only way to add another 2 years to your contract and pay $2-300 for your phone without paying anything extra. Going to a T-Mobile store would make you pay $2-300 for your phone then another $20 a month for however long it takes to pay off the $6-800 unsubsidized price.

Best Buy is the only way to add another 2 years to your contract and pay $2-300 for your phone without paying anything extra. Going to a T-Mobile store would make you pay $2-300 for your phone then another $20 a month for however long it takes to pay off the $6-800 unsubsidized price.

Wow. Thanks

Found this article pertaining to Unlocked vs Locked phones. I'm thinking of going the Unlocked route and climbing on a pay-as-you-go plan if AT&T or T-Mobile offer them.

http://www.informationweek.com/byte...-phones-how-and-why-to-do-it/240150147?pgno=1

Why do you guys even buy new phones? I always buy used and in like new condition. I always save a ton of money. I left Verizon and jumped over to Metro as soon as I could flash the iPhone to it. I'm paying only $40 a month for an iPhone with alright speed.

Why do you guys even buy new phones? I always buy used and in like new condition. I always save a ton of money. I left Verizon and jumped over to Metro as soon as I could flash the iPhone to it. I'm paying only $40 a month for an iPhone with alright speed.

how can i buy a used new phone on release day?

#poor

I would save good money if I switched my iPhones to MetroPCS.
How's your reception, service? I know it depends on where you are. I'm mainly southern CA so I should be able to grab their 4G network.

WRONG....

my original family corporate plan had the clause that I could upgrade my phone every 2 years, and pay the price that others would pay when joining (so basically a $500 phone would cost me $200) and not have to adjust my plan or monthly fee...

to me this was how business should be operated, take care of your loyal customers :smh:

Call them and ask for a discount.

Last time I upgraded my phone was in December of 2011 for the Galaxy S2. Signed a new 2 year contract and got the phone for $25.

Since they got rid of the monthly contracts, I wasn't cool w/ paying $600+ upfront or pay $150 down payment and finance the phone for an additional $20 a month.

Called them and told them I've been w/ them since 2002 and I wasn't cool with paying the extra $20 a month on TOP of a $150 down payment.

They were able to give me a monthly credit of $25 on my bill if I upgrade to a new phone...so I'm kinda just paying the down payment on a new phone.

Ended up getting an additional $4 off my monthly bill. :smokin

had my s2 stolen last week so I decided to just get the s4 and paid 200 down with 20 a month for two years. not too bad since its only taking my bill from 68 to 88 a month

Back
Top Bottom