is t mobile serious right now? vol scam artists

I have been on t-mobile since they were a small company called voicestream wireless... OG family corporate plan

anyway, I walk in today to upgrade my phone and the salesman starts talking about the JUMP plan, you gotta be kidding me that spending $600 for a galaxy 4 or iphone 5 is considered a good deal :smh:

damn shame what companies are doing now to long time customers

end rant

I had the same frustration when I was getting a new phone. The only way you can really do it the old-fashioned way is with Best Buy.

It's similar to using a credit card or something. You're paying much more over time, but the customer has the immediate satisfaction of walking away with the latest device and the company is smiling b/c they'll be cashing out. Surprised it took them this long to figure this out.

It's similar to using a credit card or something. You're paying much more over time, but the customer has the immediate satisfaction of walking away with the latest device and the company is smiling b/c they'll be cashing out. Surprised it took them this long to figure this out.

I think this, and people getting the phone for cheap, opting out of the contract, unlocking and then flipping the phone was another huge red flag

you can put down 150 on the phone, and pay 20 extra on your bill until the phone is paid off too though.

It's just like leasing a car minus the end of the lease option of paying a ridiculous amount to call the car your own. I still w/ my Fave5 and get my subsidize phones through 3rd party retailers

what's the cheapest way to get a galaxy 3 or 4?

Not sure what Jump is, but isn't $600 the typical price if you're buying a phone off contract?

still paying the 600 though
You're still paying the 600 if you're doing it the old fashioned way. The reason why you're paying let's say $200 upfront with a contract is because you're really paying off the phone with your cell phone bill. What T-Mobile decided to do was give unlimited everything for dumb cheap, then have you pay off the phone for $20 a month for however long.

still paying the 600 though
You're still paying the 600 if you're doing it the old fashioned way. The reason why you're paying let's say $200 upfront with a contract is because you're really paying off the phone with your cell phone bill. What T-Mobile decided to do was give unlimited everything for dumb cheap, then have you pay off the phone for $20 a month for however long.

yup, reason why I did this.

So what happens if you "jump" into a phone and you see another phone next month that you want? It seems like they'll make you pay for both phones still, as in paying 40/month instead of 20.

The only people complaining about t-mo's pricing on phones are ones who don't understand that they're paying for their "subsidized" phone through their monthly phone bills.

smh at phones costing 600 though. i only use em for text, calling, music, and internet rarely

Get yourself a dumb phone. No one's forcing you to pay $600 for a device that you're not going to take advantage of

So what happens if you "jump" into a phone and you see another phone next month that you want? It seems like they'll make you pay for both phones still, as in paying 40/month instead of 20.

once the phone is 50% paid off, you can trade it in and a new phone and start the process all over again. This whole thing that ALL of the major companys are switching to is for people that want a new phone while in contract, that dont want to wait the 2 years to get a new phone, and dont want t pay the full up front $6-700 full retail price that you would have to pay. It just breaks down into your monthly bill.

These plans are great but the average Joe just doesn't seem to understand how they work.
Tmobile- 600 phone + (60 bill x 2years)= 2040
Everyone else- 300 phone + (90 bill x 2years)=2460

T Mobile is winning, I rather pay $20 and upgrade whenever than drop half a stack on a phone I won't want next year

Back
Top Bottom