Is The Foreign Exchange's "Connected" The Best Hip Hop Album This Decade?

2exx9o3.jpg

If not, list what you think is better than it.

The only albums that even give it a run for its money imo are:

Masters of the Universe
Supreme Clientele
Like Water For Chocalate
The Cold Vein
Train of Thought
The Fix
Stillmatic
The Listening
A Long Hot Summer
Food & Liquor
Below The Heavens
No Said Date
A Piece of Strange
College Dropout

Masters of the Universe, Supreme Clientele, The Cold Vein, Train of Thought, and The Fix are the only albums on the same level if you ask me.

Discuss.

One of the Best IMO....TOP 10 for me..I love this Album..

Might be different for others.

Great Album

But Violent by Design deserves to be on top IMO, the BTH second

Originally Posted by acidicality

It's a tie between Violent By Design, Visions of Gandhi, and Legacy of Blood

Take out LoB and put Servants in Heaven Kings in Hell, add the two AOTP albums and we have a nice list.
pimp.gif

Slept on:

Rip The Jacker
911 Conspiracy Report
Black August
Monkey Barz
Revolutionary vol.2

tons more

I gave this album a really quick spin last week, I was impressed with what I heard. I'll give it a more in depth spin tonight.

Originally Posted by MidEastBeast

Originally Posted by acidicality

It's a tie between Violent By Design, Visions of Gandhi, and Legacy of Blood

Take out LoB and put Servants in Heaven Kings in Hell, add the two AOTP albums and we have a nice list.
pimp.gif

Slept on:

Rip The Jacker
911 Conspiracy Report
Black August
Monkey Barz
Revolutionary vol.2

tons more

co-sign.

Also, Sin-A-Matic and Madvillainy should be on the list.......and oh wow, Defari's first album was
eek.gif
at Atmosphere deserves some love.......Gift of Gab.......Grouch.......there'sjust too many great albums this decade

I liked Masters of the Universe and The Cold Vein better, but I won't knock you for that opinion.

Masters of the Universe, College Dropout, Reflection Eternal, A Long Hot Summer, Like Water for Chocolate and Supreme Clientele are all better. There areprobably a couple more, and I might put The Listening ahead of this.

for my money, connected isn't better than either of the first two little brother albums.

my two favorite records this decade are all of the above and rip the jacker.

i think common's "Be" and de la soul's "the grind date" deserves to be in this discussion

Originally Posted by MidEastBeast

Rip The Jacker
911 Conspiracy Report
Black August
Monkey Barz
Revolutionary vol.2

Monkey Barz? Really? I'm a HUGE Sean P fan but I thought Monkey Barz had its flaws. Other than that the only album you listed I've heard is Rip theJacker. I'm not a huge Cannibus fan but I can definitely appreciate the albums greatness, half time I'd rather just hear Stoupe though.
ohwell.gif

For the rest of you devoted AOTP/JMT fallowers, I honestly forgot to list Violent By Design. I still haven't checked out those two AOTP albums, smh atmyself.

Originally Posted by Lizaker4Lizife

Also, Sin-A-Matic and Madvillainy should be on the list.......and oh wow, Defari's first album was
eek.gif
at Atmosphere deserves some love.......Gift of Gab.......Grouch.......there's just too many great albums this decade

*adds sin-a-matic to list of downloads to cover this week*

Madvillainy, almost made it, it was just a personal preference thing. I enjoy atmosphere in doses but I don't think any of their albums are un par as awhole with what's been listed so far. I love Grouch, he went to my alma matter as a matter of fact and I'll admit I'm still behind on a few of hisreleases but I don't think Making Perfect Sense or Crusaders For Justice are that good.

Originally Posted by Plan Beats

Purp I dunno if you ever got to hear anything from that Kutmah dude but I'ma send you his latest !@!! here in a few.

I never did, I was never able to find too much information about him. (Purp is open)

Originally Posted by eddiehouse5

for my money, connected isn't better than either of the first two little brother albums.

my two favorite records this decade are all of the above and rip the jacker.

I don't know, if I listen to The Minstrel Show right after Connected I might cringe

And for all of you guys saying "no" or it's "good but not the best this decade," the post serves no purpose if you don't list whatyou think is better.
happy.gif

Monkey Barz is nice but one of the best of the decade? nah Sean Price is nasty though get rid of some features and tracks and the album is up there

I got in no particular order and all classics IMO

Quality - Kweli (Train of Thought could have done with a few less tracks and some beats weren't all that good)
GRODT - 50
Blueprint - Jay Z
Black Album - Jay Z
Marshall Mathers LP - Eminem

sorry I dont have a whole bunch of Underground artists up here shame on me
" he jus did some @!%% wit Missy so now he thinks he's too big to do some @!%% wit MC Get Busy"

Originally Posted by YDBoUnCe

Monkey Barz is nice but one of the best of the decade? nah Sean Price is nasty though get rid of some features and tracks and the album is up there

I got in no particular order and all classics IMO

Quality - Kweli (Train of Thought could have done with a few less tracks and some beats weren't all that good)
GRODT - 50
Blueprint - Jay Z
Black Album - Jay Z
Marshall Mathers LP - Eminem

sorry I dont have a whole bunch of Underground artists up here shame on me
" he jus did some @!%% wit Missy so now he thinks he's too big to do some @!%% wit MC Get Busy"

50? we're talking best hip hop album, not best club bangers and radio rap album.
indifferent.gif

nah, its a good album, but honestly, minstrel show is muuuuuuuch better
also
blueprint
be & finding forever
the cool
donuts
college dropout
any outkast release
the game theory(the roots)
are all better albums that were released in the last 9 years. i could do more but...ehh
and you have to understand, im a huge phonte and little brother fan

^Foreign Exchange=The Listening>Chitlin Circuit>Separate But Equal Mixtape>Chitlin Circuit V. 1.5>The Minstrel Show>The Commercial Free EP

-Blueprint is one of the most overrated albums this decade, not one of the best and shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath as anything else in thisthread.

-Be is one of my favorite albums ever, the only reason why I left it off my original list is because I was kind of trying to limit it to one release perartist. As for FF,
indifferent.gif
I'm actually a fan of it and think it receives way more hate than it deserves but I just can't agree with that.

-Not mad at The Cool but I left it off for the same reasons as Be.

-I rarely count instrumental albums when debating $%%% like this. If you take one into account you gotta look at all of them. Lots of classic instrumentaljoints have releases the past 5 years.

-College Dropout I thought about too but I honestly just don't think it's as good as what's been mentioned so far, just a tier below imo.

-Outkast? Negative, quality releases but naw.

-Thought about Game Theory too, but I skip a few tracks each time I listen to it, when an album is 12 tracks long that hurts more than if it were say 16tracks.

I think people underestimate the quality of Nicolay's work on Connected. $%%% is beautiful.

Originally Posted by PurpHeartGrapes

-I rarely count instrumental albums when debating $%%% like this. If you take one into account you gotta look at all of them. Lots of classic instrumental joints have releases the past 5 years.
agreed
i personally feel that the minstrel show is just better produced cuz lyrically, phonte goes hard everytime, and also minstrel show has a more uniform sound
i understand when you say blueprint is overrated, but theres too many classics on it for me to ignore
be>finding forever..ur right
and yea game theory drops off for a few songs
i guess its just an issue of taste....and you sir definitely have good taste

Back
Top Bottom