Is the Instant Sell Out and Hype Finally Declining?

Don't know if you've been paying attention to the economy, but gas and food are increasingly expensive along with housing. Those are staples. People are getting less bang for their buck due to inflation and we're entering a recession. Certain shoes will still sell out, but as matters become more pressing, people are making choices. Pre COVID and the government shutdowns, people had money to spend, now they don't.
To think the real fun* has only just begun. Really not looking forward to that but whats to come is unavoidable.
Sneaker wise however for those who can stay afloat has potential to be amazing for a number of reasons.

also, don't forget a few months back Nike got into it with footlocker and stated that the footlocker inventory will be drastically reduced with those pairs being added to the snkrs inventory. this might be why some pairs have been easier to get as well as other stores besides footlocker not selling out as fast. Nike retros have been selling out since 1999. colorway and style have always played a part in how fast. The same goes for today some may sit longer but all will eventually sell out.

"Knowing a guy" still works. But shoes take a back seat to necessities in these times.

If the upcoming Chicago 1s resell for an affordable price then yes maybe, but that’s not likely. Plus military black 4s recently jumped up in price so the demand is still high. Most of the silhouttes+colorways OP listed just aren’t super popular with the younger gen

I'm usually good for about 4 to 5 pair a year now but due to having more children and the economy, I haven't purchased nothing this year yet. I don't wear 1s and only purchase OG Nike Air 3-6s. So the Fire Reds will be my 1st pickup this year. So I'm glad they look great.

I have noticed the past few months, shoes are becoming readily available and not an instant sell out. I can walk in stores and see Chile red 9s, Jordan XI low, Jordan 13s navy, purple and yellow, Jordan 1 brotherhood etc. now just sitting on shelves after a release. Do you all think it's because of too many releases in a short span, financial hardships, inflation, or the hype train is finally coming to an end?
Yeah, I think it's because of a lot of releases. I'm noticing the same. BTW can you check my post?

Back
Top Bottom