Is the NIKE FREE the BEST RUNNING SHOE EVER?

Hey NT Nike Forum heads, I never post here but decided to start a discussion.

I've been a runner since the 9th grade, and I went through countless pairs of running shoes. Asics Gels, NB 990s, Air Max 97s, Air Max Triax, Adidas a3, yada yada yada. I've never had comfort from a running shoe like the comfort provided by the Nike Frees. I've been using them for a little over a year, and I don't think i'll ever turn back.

I bought four pairs of Frees from the Riverhead outlet ($29.99 each, :wow:
eek.gif
:wow:
eek.gif
NF50W-fv.jpg

4L8O15S16T23!42​
TEAMNEWYORKMETS​
TEAM DUNDER MIFFLIN: Scranton Branch​
"Please don't throw garbage at me." - Pam Beesly​

^^^that's a first. it's usually ppl asking if what air max or shox is the "best" for running. and of course, true, different kicks for different feet, but nike is inferior when it comes to the other companies that makes shoes for runners (ie asics, new balance, etc)...so imho, a big fat negative!!! i own a bunch of air max and shox runners, but i just wear them for casual wear...asics for running for me
<b>be ROGUE and DTA live AWOL<b>​

Thanks for reading what I wrote.
4L8O15S16T23!42​
TEAMNEWYORKMETS​
TEAM DUNDER MIFFLIN: Scranton Branch​

i really think they are the best. i've worn plenty of shoes from nike, adidas, and asics and nothing compares the the free's. i've had 3 pairs since '05. they're not the most stylish shoe, but by far the best for running.
GO SPURS GO!

i tried on the the nike frees a couple times because i like the shoes but i guess my heel strike is too hard or im too heavy for the system or whatever, but they just didnt work for me. the gosh awful looking asics are what works best for me. they look horrible but they feel alot better for my feet.

absolutely not.....sorry, but its a shoe made to stregnthen your feet.....not to use as a primary running shoe. You should try an asics

is the converse chuck taylor the best running shoe ever?

probably not the best... but they sure feel good! :lol:
laugh.gif
TeamLakers
LAKER FANS, FEELIN' YOU!​
TEAMYANKEES​

they're comfortable for lounging around. and even if i'm walking around for extended periods of time, they start to give my feet some pain. running is a definite no-no especially outdoors. the AM 180's work for me.

Ok. The nike free shoes are running/training shoes, but they are not considered the best running shoe ever. These are designed for field training or gym aero. These are not considered the best running shoes because they do not have any cushion technology that other shoes have example 360, 180, air max. In running you need a better cushion system.
TEAM NO FUGAZI
"We keep legit check in check"​

Geez I saw the title of this and wondered if it was a noob...Being a high school runner I've tried on and ran in tons of shoes. All of my teammates that tried running in Frees either got injured or got scared of getting injured and switched to something with an actual cushion system and not a little foam layer underneath the foot.

But, I will say that different shoes work for different people. And I think the Nike Free concept is a great way to strengthen the foot and optimize efficiency in the foot by strengthening. I, however, would never dream of wearing Frees to train seeing as we run on concrete and trails most of the time.

I've got a couple of curious questions. First, how many miles a week do you go in these? What surfaces? And what is your body type? Tall/long legs, or shorter?

i'm going to give a simple hell no. I tested these out and i thought they were great but for any real running hell no. Go get yourself some asics nimbus and run in those.

I wouldn't call myself a runner, but I do run and lift weight to stay in shape. I would say the Frees are a good change of pace shoe. I run in them once a week or so and never for more than miles. Just not enough cushioning although I'm pretty light (5'9", 145 lbs). Most days I run with the Asics GT 2100.

Has anyone the new Sauconys? I tried on the Progrid Hurricane 9 and it was :wow:
eek.gif
Ridiculous comfort. I just might switch to Saucony now.

Quote:
BEST RUNNING SHOE EVER
'best running shoe' :rolleyes
eyes.gif
See 'best' as used to describe running shoes/brands always make me cringe due to the ignorance/lack of logic needed to come up with that kind of thought.

The FREE is simply a niche/specialty shoe specifically designed for one type of training. On personal note, since I am flat footed, if I would train in the FREE, then I would probably have stress fractures in my legs.

i have worn asics and nikes for running and made the switch to frees about a year and a half ago. before switching to frees, i would have some knee pain, or i had to use arch supports. once i wore the frees i no longer needed any arch supports and am pain free. ( you do have to get used to them first and wear casually) i ran last years disney 1/2 marathon in my asics kinsei (trained in frees ) and my rignt knee hurt for about 3 days after. i now only run exclusively in my frees and just ran 9.5 miles last week on concrete and was fine no knee pain, felt fine. by the way, i am 6' 2, 215 lbs. for me frees are the best running shoe ever made. read the article in sole collecter from like a year and a half ago (the one with a bunch of p-rods) It totally makes since from an anatomical perspective, oh yeah by the way, im a doctor too and reccomend them to some of my patients. peace

Quote:
On personal note, since I am flat footed, if I would train in the FREE, then I would probably have stress fractures in my legs.
:lol:
laugh.gif
formerly shoeWUfreak

Quote:
If you think there is such a thing as a 'best running shoe' then you have a LOT to learn about running shoes.... sigh..

Quote:
I'm sure there are other sneakers that provide better comfort (all body types and feet are different), but i've never had such comfort from running sneakers.
4L8O15S16T23!42
TEAMNEWYORKMETS
TEAM DUNDER MIFFLIN: Scranton Branch

my feet are flat also (overpronater) and i don't have any stress fractures or any problems and like i stated, no longer need orthotic arch supports. just don't go out and try to run in them without getting used to them over a 2-3 week period by walking and lite jogging.

Back
Top Bottom