Is the self-checkout at the supermarket really all that?

Originally Posted by sauuceking

Aren't you the dude who's kinda gay?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

If you are over the age of 7 and have basic computer skills this is not that difficult. Also, and on a more alarming note, why are you worried about getting a boner in the checkout at midnight? Those "US Weekly" mags got ya kinda hot?

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Ive never seen a self check with an overseer..that kinda defeats the whole purpose.
the whole point if those self checkouts is to save the company money... one overseer with a centralized control panel for the 6-8 self checkouts does exactly that.

If you use the self checkout how are you supposed to holla at all the hoodrat DR and PR mamis making minimum wage?
Ive never seen easier females to impress than those that work at supermarkets.

Originally Posted by Diego

If you use the self checkout how are you supposed to holla at all the hoodrat DR and PR mamis making minimum wage?

frown.gif
that was my first job. well, not quite. I worked at a bakery in a grocery store, I wasn't a cashier.

Originally Posted by Nawth21

frown.gif
that was my first job. well, not quite. I worked at a bakery in a grocery store, I wasn't a cashier.

Youre different.
Youre special......and you make a hell of a sammich.

Originally Posted by therenegade23

Originally Posted by airkeung88

For less items, I use it a lot at the self checkout. Save me time and it's also easy to use.
Yup. I don't understand people who have a a full cart of items and still use it. That and people don't know how to use it.
laugh.gif
They lose more time that way.
Seriously I want to drop kick people when I go to the self check with like some deodorant, and there's people in front of me with a cart full
mad.gif
. Take that !%%% to the cashiers, then they got the nerve to try and use coupons or what not also
mad.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Ive never seen a self check with an overseer..that kinda defeats the whole purpose.

the walmarts and jewels i shop at always have an overseer. they gotta make sure you're not trying to steal somethings

Pretty cool..I put in 5 bucks one time when the total was 3 something..got back a whole 100 dollar bill, but the whole "karma" thing ran through my head.Gave it back..

Originally Posted by JayPesoz

I prefer it.  Saves alot of time.  just scan all your stuff, then hit the debit/credit, swipe your card and you're on your way in little time.  I'm not sure what kind of games your groceries machines are playing with you though.

I let people earn their paycheck by checking me out...unless I'm buying condoms, lube, and alcohol all at once.

Too blatant for my night plans.
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by ERASCISM

Seems like there are a lot of buttons to press on the screen. English or Spanish, Codes (if it's produce), Quantity, Payment Type, Wanna Donate? Are You Using Your Own Bag?
Every time you reach into your pocket for money thinking the transaction is coming to an end, another prompt comes up. I dunno if it's like this at your local supermarket but at mine there is even a clerk overseeing the self-checkout stands. I mean, I thought the point was to avoid dealing with the clerks? They're all walking behind me asking me how my day is going. Wasn't supposed to be like this, fam.

One time I went around midnight and they had all the self-checkouts turned off and only the Express Lane open. I was rocking some sweatpants and started feeling really self-conscious standing in line with other people wearing some sweatpants. My whole plan from the jump was to sloth my way through the store and not make eye contact with ANYONE and then use the self-checkout and come outta there feeling good about myself. Man, instead I found myself sandwiched in line with all these party peeps on a Sat. night making senseable purchases like deli sandwiches and premium ales, and there I was with blood rushing to my head holding a quart of almond milk and a box of Kaboom tucked underneath my arm. I had to ask myself if this was really life.
ohwell.gif

roll.gif
thats exactly how the self checkout is over here too. Its a good idea but executed badly. The scanner sucks, if anything it takes long since your doing everything yourself and you  have overseekers just waiting for you to mess up. I guess their used to it.

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

the whole point if those self checkouts is to save the company money... one overseer with a centralized control panel for the 6-8 self checkouts does exactly that.

Well that makes sense..I thought it was one person for each..

Originally Posted by j671

Pretty cool..I put in 5 bucks one time when the total was 3 something..got back a whole 100 dollar bill, but the whole "karma" thing ran through my head.Gave it back..

indifferent.gif

I prefer it actually, unless I have a lot of stuff. Much faster.
...and there's people in front of me with a cart full
mad.gif
. Take that !%%% to the cashiers, then they got the nerve to try and use coupons or what not also
mad.gif

embarassed.gif
That was me...

You do this too?

i stay baggin' the hoodrats at c town and western beef
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 21shots

Second paragraph: You decide to, completely irrelevant to the question you propose, talk about your insecurities. @+%% outta here with that either a) go to sleep or b) go and talk with Hazeleyehoney about your sweatpant insecurities, and she can cry to you about her pancake booty

roll.gif
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom