Is the shoe game dead

theres not much out there, have not copped anything new this year, my rotation is good enough. wait til the cool grey xis

To some OG folks like me, I think it just bottomed out. As an OG sneakerhead, I lost interest in what the youngins called shoe game. Why? No offense to the tweeners but they're only witnesses to LBJ but not to his Greatness and his Airness MJ. Most kids just buy the "Jordan" brand because it's a brand.MJ's court legacy is best witnessed during his time in which I was a part of, not when he's already a legend.

Originally Posted by MRFLOWERS

I WILL SAY that JB AND NIKE NEED THE $$$$... look @ all the heat coming out POOR QUALITY AND MORE MONEY AND THEY MAKE EM IN CHINA FOR LIKE $3.00 A PAIR BUT IT IS WHAT IT IS.... the shoe game as a whole yes is falling! but NIKE & JORDAN DROPPIN OG'S AND MORE XI'S TO COMPENSATE AND GIVE THE PPL WHAT THEY WANT!
People always say this but it is more. If you think about the original designer of the shoe, testing, manufacturing, transport, advertising it actually comes to more than that. Ya'll act like Nike gives a factory some money and it is then instantly on a shelf at your local store. Think about all the people involved in a shoe from Concept to Consumer.

Shoes game died after Mike hit that shot against Bryan Russell....he knew it was the end of an era thats why he wore the XIV's a year ahead, sneakers went through a boom back in the day cuz the NBA went through a boom, .......... back than, way more basketball players had signature sneaks, and Nike wasnt the only game in town, but now people are waiting on pins and needles for sneakers that CAME OUT ALREADY.............thats like me goin crazy for a re release of Ready To Die.....

I wouldn't say dead. I'm starting to get back into it actually *shrugs* but i only mess with older retro's
not this crap they put out now in days

As long as people have feet shoes will always matter.

People just seem mad these days. OG heads were upset about the CDP re-releases of all the stuff they had that no one else could get. Hypebeasts were mad that there were just a couple House of Hoops locations so they couldn't line up a couple days in advance to buy stuff no one else could get. Resellers were mad that another dozen HOH's popped up and that nike started turning rare stuff into general releases(nike am90 infrared release next month FTW). People with good taste were mad that fusions were created at all.

The true shoe game was back when people had to go shopping in the real world from shop to shop to shop to find what they wanted and god forbid make telephone calls to other actual people and have them pick stuff up and then RETURN THE FAVOR by helping them get stuff later(circa NT 2000 when people were helping each other get XI's AT RETAIL PRICE just cause they were NTer's). The shoe game was about helping people get what they wanted no matter where they were before all this tier zero hyperultramega limited release lameness. If you actually wanna be honest eBay+JB+peoples greed killed the shoe game long before anyone even called it the shoe game.

Seems like this year the hype-bubble went bust and you can get pretty much whatever new release you want for not much over retail. Nike caught on and is milking stuff people want by going GR style which i think is cool and the fact it upsets people who want to wear stuff no one else has is just hilarious.

Stay thirsty my friends.

There is no shoe game. There was an abundance of people who got into shoes because it was the cool thing to do at the time, companies saw that with the hype they were able to use cheaper materials and sell them for the same price or higher. As the trend continues to die down you should see quality go up and less dudes in it for the hype calling it the shoe game
grin.gif

to me I feel like it kind of is. well atleast with jordan brand, same releases every 3 to 4 years and the quality gets worse.

Its not dead, but has definitely fallen off in the past few years... Too many fusions and variants messing up the game

I haven't paid a premium on a pair of shoes since 2008. I love the state of sneaker collecting right now. Greed is why things started going south. Dudes were more concerned with making a few bucks(that they usually turned around and spent on more hyped sneakers) than buying and wearing what the liked.

It's Currently Dead to me because:

-I dont have any money for sneakers at the moment.
-98% of these Jordans suck, and I dont' wear Jordans or high tops much anymore anyways.
- Sandals,Boat shoes, and Boots are what a lotta people are wearing these days, especially in the summer.

I mean it basically died late 90's early 2000's. The creativity, the uniqueness etc jusst slowly but surely went away. It was a time that nike etc stood for something, like gave ppl a certain status. There was a time when ppl where in awe at new jordans, latest bo jacksons, the next deions.

I see it sort of like classic cars. It was cool and still has a following, but once all these varients, and cheap quality, and overkill/overdone version came about, it pretty much turned alot of ppl away. Same with vehicles a classic buick,chevy,pontiac etc isnt viewed the same cause everybody riding them then they wanna jack it up with crazy rims/paint jobs and gaudy features. Same way nike has done with their shoes.

Plus just like vehicles, shoes the same way, it will always be a market for some fushions, same way there will be a market for folks who wanna take a gto classic, add some flashy gaudy cheap stuff to it and think its fly. But to true collectors they still gonna stay true to the og 96 jordans, same as a classic car collector would stay true to a og dodge challenger.

Back
Top Bottom