Is the Ultraposite really that good?

1 other thing... I said "designer", not "footwear designer". But I do know technical aspects of footwear and footwear design.

Who is Jack Johnson?? Is he the creator of Hexalite?? He got it in for Zoom Air..He hated on zoom air in a different post..

"I hope he isn't stupid enough to wear anything with Zoom Air again....." <Jack

C'mon, homie... stop.

"Are YOU his spokesman?"

I don't have to be, Kidd didn't like the shoes, he didn't even wear them in game play, that's enough. Someone else mentioned the "rumor"*, that I know to be fact. If they worked, he'd have them on.

"no one is impressed"

Hey, if there is a post asking if a certain shoe is alla dat, best believe if I have worn the shoe, I am gonna comment. If that opinion is contrary to a NIKE TALK truth, so be it. If that makes me come off as a bigshot, because I can argue my points with fact, and then YOU cannot, that just shows what you may need to learn.

Yes I've worn every top tier Nike Hoops shoe since the Blazer, and I have even played competitively in Chucks, word to Snoop.....so here is a "truth" for ya...Clutchshooter

...more people have agreed with me on this shoe, than they have agreed with YOU and ya' boy 96 st.

You Mad?

Quote:
Hey, if there is a post asking if a certain shoe is alla dat, best believe if I have worn the shoe, I am gonna comment. If that opinion is contrary to a NIKE TALK truth, so be it.
YOU ARE A HYPOCRYTE. How can you sit there and type about your opinion on a shoe, and then 4 words later claim that another's opinion is a 'niketalk truth'?

Quote:
If that makes me come off as a bigshot, because I can argue my points with fact, and then YOU cannot*, that just shows what you may need to learn.

What fact? I've yet to see anything that you said that could be qualified as such.

Quote:
*others value diffent things in their ball shoe and to different degrees that you do.

Is that not fact?

Quote:
Yes I've worn every top tier Nike Hoops shoe since the Blazer, and I have even played competitively in Chucks, word to Snoop

Unless you have worn EVERY SINGLE hoops shoe that nike has ever produced you have no room to talk.

Again you must have declared yourself the one who determInes what is 'top tier'

Price is not always indicative of performance or quality and nike has had many 'low tier' shoes that were excellent performers.

So unless you have worn all of them (and i want proof since you support all your claims with 'fact'. pics, receipts, etc.) and I mean EVERY DAMN LAST ONE OF THEM, you got nothing.
Clutch.

Nascar,and Poker ARE NOT SPORTS!!!

Cosign!

And he still has yet named his top 5 kicks.... -Hating on Zoom Air Like it doomed his career. -LOL.. Seems like you the mad one..

But whatever mister "I know", you know it all I guess...lol.

had these when they first dropped..they murdered my feet after the first wear and i didn't give a second though about wearing them again to play basketball in. they're chillin in my garage somewhere..

TEAM FLORIDA // TEAM CRAZY 88s​
RED PANDA . HUNGRY HIPPO . GOLDEN CHILD . CHILD PRODIGY. FILIPINO MOUNTAIN SNAKE

There are several "Nike Talk" truths Clutchshooter, and here are a few.

The ZK1 sold well...
Gentry is dragging Jordan Brand down...
The Ultraflight is one of the best ever...
The Ultraposite is one of the best ever..

Outside of Niketalk, NONE of this is true.

The ZK1 flopped like a fish out of water...
Jordan Brand is making a killing under Gentry, and will continue to do so...
The Ultraflight was so bad, I saw full size runs at the HARLEM, and DR JAYS in NYC for 19.99, and they STILL weren't moving...

..and then the Ultraposite.

You think I am a "hypocryte"? To quote one of my heroes, " Well, if that means good, I'm THAT."

You know, Mr Johnson here has some points and I would side with you on some... BUT I absolutely hate Jack Johnson the singer so I guess everything clutchshooter and Air 96st brought up is true, and arguing with valid points/facts just goes to the back of the page... Thanks!
Defy Convention...

outside of hardcore sneaker fanatics, i'm not even sure if the general public knows of this shoe even exists. besides myself, i have only seen one person wearing these shoes, ever.

i'm sorry, but for a shoe at this price range, the ultraposites have far too many obstacles to overcome

- the poor durability
- the painful wearings (which is something that no one should have to go through, much less on a 160$ sneaker)
- the shoe is unbelievably narrow
and- the zoom air is too damn soft.

this is just my opinion, but i hate my pair. maybe i'm too heavy for zoom air at 170 lbs. maybe that would explain why so few players wore these shoes. players wear great shoes until they have something better. how long did nash wear jet flights? mutombo and his air super max's? iverson and the questions?

you would have thought that these shoes cost 60$ the way it was shunned by the league.

Top "5"'s are always subjective.Whats funny of alot of the shoes from the 90's and 2000's some of the most revered are shoes professor k gave a good review on the old kicksology.net site.I remember back in the day no when someone would go against the grain and disagree with kicksology.net they were flamed bad and professor k was god.Everyone is entitled to their opinion and I would think we have all put on enough basketball shoes on our feet to respect each other's opinions on how a shoe fits,feels or whether you hate it or love it.Even professor k made it a point that his opinions were simply that..his opinions.Personally aside from not being able to find the ultraposite when I did find it I skipped it cause it fit like the flightposite 3 which was too narrow and the zoom air was a little too mushy for me and caused some foot pain.But there are others who swear by the flightposite 3 and in discussions Im not gonna go all out and be like "that shoe was a piece of crap how could u wear it and how can that be your #1 shoe?!?!!??!" it simply didnt work out for me cause it was a little bit too narrow for me and thats it.I think there are WAAAAAAY too many "experts" running around out there especially on niketalk.Read something you dont like just let it go if other "nt'ers" arent smart enough to manage opinions and be a bunch of sheep then let them.If all it takes for people to make you "legit" on a forum is the number of posts you make regardless if its 4000 posts of "that shoe is heat I'm coppin" when you take what someone else said or read somewhere someone didnt like this it doesnt come off as sounding right.You open yourself up.Post a link of where you read it or something.Not just a random so and so didnt like it.If you didnt like the shoe be inteligent about it.Give all the reasons why a shoe is crap and then when youre done call it crap.eddiehouse5 most nba players are in the 200+ pound range I seriously doubt youre too heavy for zoom air.And the example of the jet flights was excellent as for the hyperflight and ultraflight/zoom turbine examples previously given.I saw all those shoes at ross back in the day selling for 19.99.But on niketalk zoom kobes are hated cause they flopped sales wise and are 19.99.I bought my zoom turbines for 12.50 brand new.The beloved jet flights and all other examples I gave above are in that 19.99 ross catagory did they flop as well?I can already hear the hordes of nt'ers screaming blasphamy.that just goes to show how corny this board can be sometimes.We all like shoes,for the most part we play basketball in what we buy and no not everything fits from one person to the other just let it go cause its not that serious.The ultraposites didnt fit me and no they arent in my top "5" flame me cause I really care that a shoe fit you but didnt work for me.jus my .02 cents

"The ultraposites didnt fit me and no they arent in my top "5" flame me cause I really care that a shoe fit you but didnt work for me.jus my .02 cents"

Agreed..

The shoe fit me and fit me well... At 170-180 (at the time), It was the BEST shoe I put on MY feet. I don't need to hear from a NBA basketball player to tell me the shoe is good/bad. I do my own research. Just because it didn't fit someone right, doesn't mean it won't fit my feet.

I always wanted a pair of those but by the time i was old enough to work they were gone. They could have released another color of those. I want these and zoom flight 2k2s to retro. Plus VC Shox 2 and the original hyperflights. Or maybe even the hyperflight 2s. And drop the prices about 15 bucks.
I put 70(3)14 on my back...

Quote:
The Ultraflight was so bad, I saw full size runs at the HARLEM, and DR JAYS in NYC for 19.99, and they STILL weren't moving...
:wow:
eek.gif
If that's true, I would've bought out the store of my size, every colorway they had.

Here's my opinion on the ultraposites though...they're a bit heavy for me, a bit hard to put on/take off, and they're scuffed so bad, they actually look silver from far away. Other than the physical aspects of it though, I've really got nothing major to complain about. They really are that good...they're worth it still if u can find them around $100 or so.
"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody."-Bill Cosby

I couldn't get them to break in...so, no. They weren't that good for me.
4L8O15S16T23!42​

Quote:
: -->
mad.gif
eek If that's true, I would've bought out the store of my size, every colorway they had.

it is true. white/black and white/navy were there for a looong time. scattered pairs of black/black, white/red, and white/royal.

however, i'm pretty sure it was pretty much sz 9-11 that stayed for the longest. bigger sizes disappeared around the 59.99 or 49.99 mark.

Quote:
Top "5"'s are always subjective.Whats funny of alot of the shoes from the 90's and 2000's some of the most revered are shoes professor k gave a good review on the old kicksology.net site.I remember back in the day no when someone would go against the grain and disagree with kicksology.net they were flamed bad and professor k was god.Everyone is entitled to their opinion and I would think we have all put on enough basketball shoes on our feet to respect each other's opinions on how a shoe fits,feels or whether you hate it or love it.
peace.
and size twelve is the illest
your style is played out, like arnold wondered
what you talkin' bout, willis?

anyone with a pair of size 9 or 9.5 ultraposites or 9.5 Ultraflights willing to dig them up and give them to me for a decent price (how about those 19.99 prices?) get at me
formerly shoeWUfreak

*waits for a similiar Jet Flight thread*

:nerd:
nerd.gif

Latest Pickup: Air Jordan XI Retro Low (white/zest-argon blue-light bn), Nike AF1 07 Premium "NYC Edition" (pro gold/white/stealth-anthracite), Air Jordan B'Loyal (black/met silver-var red), Air Jordan Hydro 3 (black/silver)

damn, jack u take every last second to hate on the ultraflights.

u didn't like it. they went on sale.

we get it.

no really, we do. you don't need to keep telling everybody.

i DID like them. what you say won't change my mind, nor my feet. Yes, they flopped on the sales counter. Did anybody honestly expect a shoe with a scratchable plastic shell and inner bootie to sell well? does that even LOOK like a shoe that kids would wear on a day to day basis? I din't. But i sure as hell bought a pair, bought 2 pairs in fact. YES, both discounted. They still felt good on day one. Felt even better on day two.

they didn't on yours right? Don't understand why ppl like them right? If your interest is in understanding (which i personally highly doubt) then you should start by listening to them instead of calling them bogus and followers or what not. if your interest isn't in understanding, state your opinion (which you have done on several accounts) and move on. you don't need to insult everybody and their mother who thought it was a decent shoe. Same goes for the ultraposite. I believe you when u say kidd din't like them. i also believe you say u din't like them either. There's no need to state your opinion on what other ppl think though.

im gettin real tired seeing the "niketalk truth" preach.

as for myself, i never tried the ultraposite. too expensive.
"The only way to stop Steve Nash is to hope he goes home today and doesn't find a way to come to the game tomorrow." - Jalen RoseNANO FOR CANADA!

i had at one but they were a size big so i sold em away. now i miss em.
team foamposites
See my Collection in 1000th post.

Another NT truth....if you dare disagree with someone about a shoe of lore, best believe they will don their "mod" cap, then suggest that you "move on".

This is quite comical because if one would take a trip to the Jordan section, daily, for the last several years, predictions of JB's downfall, coupled with the lyrical lynching and burning of Gentry have constantly occured, without complaint.

The Ultraposite is being spoken of on this thread, of which has gotten more nays than YAYS!!!!

I will no longer speak ill of the Ultraflight here...but if a thread pops up lauding that piece of crap shoe..... :wow:
eek.gif

Back
Top Bottom