is the wire a good show?

Seasons 2 & 4 are absolutely masterpieces of television IMO. Unfortunately, season 5 was the weakest but the final episode wraps up all the themes and storylines so beautifully. One of the two classic dramas of our time along with the Sopranos.

Man I dunno maybe cause they rushed it and it didn't have the same realistic vibe as the other season many didn't like it, but season 5 was ok to me. Dude wanted to catch marlo so bad he Turned into the bad guy and started falsifying murders to get funds and use that to catch him. Season 2,3,4 are the best.

Last edited:
:lol: dude came in here and spoiled an entire season

savage.

Last edited:
I've got to catch this and Power. People swear by it. Can't believe breaking bad is receiving this much hate. Show was amazing.

The Wire's writing is too slow paced. If you want masterful acting, beautiful cinemotgraphy, dialogue which not only advances the story but tells the rich backgrounds of each character then watch The Walking Dead. Hands down, this is the best show you'll ever watch in your lifetime. There's a reason it gets 300 million viewers each episode.
Millions of people also tune into the Kardashians...so miss me with the popularity contest as a measuring stick.

Walking Dead is trash. Resident Evil the video game was more gripping
laugh.gif

Yes, yes it is. Including Season 2.

For me, every season of the wire starts off kinda slow, hard to follow. It's not till like ep 4-5 that I'm hooked. But the payoff... :pimp:

"World going one way, people another."

Great show. Top 5 all time for me. Can't watch season 2 though.

Very accurate. But with me being a Baltimore Native, they could've done a better job of depicting the culture a lil more.

All in all. Love the wire. Season 4>>>>. Few of my homies were extras or got bit parts in it :lol:. The girl in smashing now was an extra as a younging too :pimp:

The show is awesome, coming up you couldn't tell me it wasn't the goat. Marlo is one of my all time favorite characters in tv show history. But I haven't really watched the show in years and don't feel like going back to it. At least not yet. I don't know, I think I played it out on my own. 

The problem with The Walking Dead is that they're doing the same thing over and over. Go here, fight zombies, fight humans that you think you can trust, kill off important character(s) and repeat. I was a big fan of the show when it first came out.

The Wire is GOAT if you're into shows about urban crime. Only season I didn't like was season 2. It was an important season, but it felt way too slow for me.

Just now starting to watch Breaking Bad. Think I'm on episode 5 in season 1. Also trying to finish up Boardwalk Empire. I'm really loving that show.

OP you should check out Sons of Anarchy if you haven't watched that yet.

The Wire's writing is too slow paced. If you want masterful acting, beautiful cinemotgraphy, dialogue which not only advances the story but tells the rich backgrounds of each character then watch The Walking Dead. Hands down, this is the best show you'll ever watch in your lifetime. There's a reason it gets 300 million viewers each episode.

Millions of people also tune into the Kardashians...so miss me with the popularity contest as a measuring stick.

Walking Dead is trash. Resident Evil the video game was more gripping :lol:

pretty sure that was sarcasm...ii hope so anyway.

2nd season of the Wire was the worst but still not terrible. After season 2, its all up hill. Great show.

THiS. I stopped watching the wire long when it first came out because the second season sucked but it gets better if you stick it out. The seasons after the second are really good.

TWD is fire... just didnt think it go on for 6 seasons but the plot the acting and the writing is top notch... the arc that each character goes thru is worth the time alone.. 

BB is dope as well.. had us cheering for the "bad" guy and it was somthing never done b4 on TV.... ( great show that blended , drama and comedy)

im probably the only black dude in the world who never watched the wire... seen the first 2 episodes and never got around to it... might check it out this winter when the snows starts and the kush is in abundance... 

The Wire is the only show that I've re watched so many times & still pick up new things I missed every time. I don't care who you are, everyone can relate to at least one character on the wire in one way or another.

Back
Top Bottom