Is their a more pathetic athlete than...

Andy Roddick?

It seems like this fool never wins a tournament, or even makes it to the finals for that matter.

My beef with Roddick is that he talks so damn much. I remember when he was calling out Djokovic saying that he had SARS, Bird Flu, etc. and then he gets his%*% handed to him. Seems like every time Roddick is mentioned everyone says how good his game looks due to adjustments. He lost weight, he hired Jimmy Connors,he fired Jimmy Connors, the list goes on. Why this guy is even ranked in the Top 10 I really don't understand.

He was complaining like a little 3rd grade girl in his match against that french dude, which, of course, he lost because it was cloudy....

i just caught the clip on sportscenter, he was whining like a lil school girl. if i was the ump and he kept going "can you tell me what the sky lookedlike when the match started? no just tell me what the sky looked like. no just tell me i just wanna know if u know" i'd get down off my chair andsmash him upside the head with his racquet. dude is ridiculously annoying and its not like he can walk the walk after all that talk.

he reminds me of all the priviledged kids that think they deserve special attention/treatment and whine constantly when things dont go their way. dude comesacross like the weather, the crowd, the ump/lines person's decisions etc are why hes losing and takes it out on them. guess in his mind theres no way anopponent is playing better than him if hes not ranked higher than him. i cant stand andy roddick

if you've ever played tennis in high school there are plenty of people like this...usually bc there spoiled...roddick doesnt have enough skill so he makeseccuses

lebron-james.jpg

you guys do realize roddick is very good right? just because sportscenter seems to paint him in a negative light doesn't mean he doesn't win.

yes he's annoying but he's earned his rank. go look at his record. dude is probably (almost certainly) the best american player doing it right now.

even kournikova who got a terrible rap from everyone would go in there and bash heads.

it seems like these days if you're not nadal (who choked this year btw) or federer (or if you live in britain, andy murray) then the media and publicconsensus is you suck. and that's unfortunate.

Originally Posted by Nako XL

you guys do realize roddick is very good right? just because sportscenter seems to paint him in a negative light doesn't mean he doesn't win.

yes he's annoying but he's earned his rank. go look at his record. dude is probably (almost certainly) the best american player doing it right now.

even kournikova who got a terrible rap from everyone would go in there and bash heads.

it seems like these days if you're not nadal (who choked this year btw) or federer (or if you live in britain, andy murray) then the media and public consensus is you suck. and that's unfortunate.

yes hes good but his attitude is annoying that the point...lleyton hewitt was the same way and he calmed down.

I think that women Car driver (If you consider that an Athlete) tops on the list...she wins nothing and gets hype/commercials etc...

it seems like these days if you're not nadal (who choked this year btw) or federer (or if you live in britain, andy murray) then the media and public consensus is you suck. and that's unfortunate.
Sadly, he is the best American player at this point, but I don't know if that's what this thread is really about. He has a %!%$!!, richboy used-to-getting-everything-his-way attitude, which is why nobody likes him. Oh, that and the fact he gets DOMINATED every time he plays any of the other"elite" players (which he really doesn't even deserve to be grouped with)

He is kind of the whipping boy for the sad state of American tennis, so I'll agree that he does get overly criticized. With that said, he will never winanother major, and I'll put money on that.

Andy Roddick hasd been my #1 Kool Aid male Athlete for close to 4 yrs on NT.

He has the least heart and the most excuses of any Male professional Athlete Ive ever seen in my life

Originally Posted by Curious24

yes hes good but his attitude is annoying that the point...lleyton hewitt was the same way and he calmed down.
No way.. Andy Roddick lets his emotion get the best of him but Hewitt is just an out-right prick/a#$#$#$#.. And I don't even like Roddick..

The problem with Roddick is that he's playing in the Federer / Nadal era.. Hard to fit in a win of any consequence..

Originally Posted by TheGift23

I think that women Car driver (If you consider that an Athlete) tops on the list...she wins nothing and gets hype/commercials etc...
Danica is #2 on my list and Wie is #3

Roddick has been hyped for so long and has never come thru and its just so sad to see

I feel the same about James Blake as well

he's always acting like a little b!^$##.

tim miccallef on theScore flat outcalled him a wh*re after one of those whinyass highlight packages.

"for the 2 run yankees victory. ..........on to tennis, andy roddick is a wh*re."
roll.gif

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Andy Roddick hasd been my #1 Kool Aid male Athlete for close to 4 yrs on NT.

He has the least heart and the most excuses of any Male professional Athlete Ive ever seen in my life
I'm curious to see the rest of this list
laugh.gif

But yeah, Andy Roddick is up there. I remember seeing him at the airport and dude telling ppl you could buy an autographed tennis racquet off him for like $100
smh.gif

like someone said, sadly, he is the best american tennis player.
miss the days of sampras/agassi

I don't know anything about tennis but can someone tell me how the weather would only affect him?

The other dude was playing fine in the conditions yet Roddick was acting like it wasn't fair.

I didn't really understand... either way he came off like a punk.

Originally Posted by MikeScarn

I don't know anything about tennis but can someone tell me how the weather would only affect him?

The other dude was playing fine in the conditions yet Roddick was acting like it wasn't fair.

Bamma said it was hard seeing the ball since it was getting dark. I bet it was a little dark, but Gael was playing fine.

Originally Posted by MikeScarn

it was around 9:30pm and he was sayin that it was too dark for him to play

Back
Top Bottom