Is there ANY artist that GETS/ HAS GOTTEN BETTER?

Im so tired of old>new, lol i mean from jordans to music to your older bro telling you yalls parents raised him better and you are spoiled
roll.gif

so, NT is there any artist you feel that has progressively gotten better?

wayne is the best example, he went from saying "wobbledy wobbledy" to ppl taking him serious, in over a decade

Budden- Best example
Lupe- from his mixtapes to food and liquor

Wayne- went from worse to better but then got worse again after the Carter 2

Originally Posted by blackice4

wayne is the best example, he went from saying "wobbledy wobbledy" to ppl taking him serious, in over a decade
Wayne went from decent to Great to horible his "wobbledy" days he was going plat making good albums

Originally Posted by blackice4

gonna have to agree.....used to hate dude

Lot's of rappers have gotten better from their first and second albums but few are consistently better to the point that them today would shred any oftheir older selves. I can only think of a few rappers who that's true for like maybe MF DOOM, Joe Budden, Crooked I. Other rappers did improve over theircareers in certain aspects like Canibus and Kool G Rap.

Lots of rappers get better, that doesn't always mean they're third and fourth albums are better than their initial release.

Lupe, Jeezy, Nas, Jay, Scarface, the list goes on. If you ask me they're all better rappers now then they were when they started.

That old > new shhh stopped being fact 5-7 years ago. Now more times than not old and new as far as mainstream goes are equally trash.

Everybody in SlaughterHouse, Little Brother(but GetBack wasn't their greatest work to date but it was consistent), Danny!, Devin The Dude, Elzhi(polishedhis craft and every release will only get better), Killer Mike, Shad, MF DOOM, Mally, Reks, One Be Lo, and some others but I think they'd be consideredold.

I will admit not many overall consistently and continually get better. I had to check my library real quick to cook up that list
laugh.gif

There's plenty of artists that have gotten better with time.
Originally Posted by MrWavez

Im so tired of old>new, lol i mean from jordans to music to your older bro telling you yalls parents raised him better and you are spoiled
roll.gif

With Jordans...old > new holds true. I can't see how anyone would say otherwise.

With (rap) music...it's subjective, but I'd say most people would agree old > new.

I don't know about you and your older bro though...that's up to y'all to figure out.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by iLLoQuent aka DSK

There's plenty of artists that have gotten better with time.
Originally Posted by MrWavez

roll.gif

With Jordans...old > new holds true. I can't see how anyone would say otherwise.

With (rap) music...it's subjective, but I'd say most people would agree old > new.

I don't know about you and your older bro though...that's up to y'all to figure out.
laugh.gif

I agree with the Jordans but people goooo outta control with that stuff...
Rap music...same with jordans...
and i wasnt specifically talkin about me and my bro(even tho he do be trying that BS) i meant in general...i always hear older people talkin shhhh about thenew generation...."if this was back in my day"
roll.gif

It all depends imo, but I do agree that old Jordans>new Jordans. A select few have gotten better over time like TI, Wayne, Kanye etc.... On another note me& my guy were arueing about that old>new & he was saying Lebron wouldn't get off back then like he does nowadays?!?!?!

Originally Posted by 36 OUNCES

Y'all think Jeezy got better...
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
As a rapper yea. 101 is a better album than the Recession but Jeezy is a better rapper now than he was in 04-05

I really don't see how this is debatable, much less laughable.

Big Boi
Dude was aight when Southernplayalistic dropped
He was better on ATLiens
Aquemini he was DOPE
now he's Fiyah

Originally Posted by StarkyL0ve

Originally Posted by 36 OUNCES

Y'all think Jeezy got better...
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
As a rapper yea. 101 is a better album than the Recession but Jeezy is a better rapper now than he was in 04-05

I really don't see how this is debatable, much less laughable.
Ok, may have gotten better lyrically, but overall, he took a few steps back IMO...

Originally Posted by inspektahdeck

Gucci

yeahhh his albums sucked but his mixtapes from last summer till now, almost all of them, have been killin it
and slowly im seeing more people listen to him

Back
Top Bottom