Is there any other Jordan that has lost it's appeal like the Air Jordan I?

its true they have over saturated the market with all the cw's but i really don't care that much about that, some cw i like and some cw i don'tlike

For all of you "older heads who remember when the 1 came out" harken bacc to that golden time and tell me, wise gents, how many colorways did theydrop the first time around ? ? ? Over 30 if my info is correct (I'm 26 so don't remember the 1 dropping though I was alive) so why do people keepmaking these redundant "they're killing the 1" " the 1 is the new Dunk" "they make too many colors of the 1" threads ?

I bet in 1985-86 metallic green or purple was not the most desired colorway for the first edition of the Nike Air Jordan. Nonetheless, they dropped and peoplecopped.... so is it really that much of a stretch of the imagination that BJ (Brand Jordan, the actual name) would, in 2K9, drop a couple dozen more colors toappeal to their target audience, whom I'm sad to say is not you "older heads" ? ? ?

The Jordan 1 is my favorite signature and I have a dozen pair....my grail is finally being released in September (School Days) OG Blacc/Soft Grey. Do I wishEVERY 1 dropped would be an OG color??? Of course I do, but that NEVER happens so let's move on to topics with more.... substance ? ? ?
ohwell.gif

Expect every other shoe in the Jordan line to go the same way as the I.

Over the next couple of years you will see at least 5-10 new non-OG CWs being released for almost every signature Jordan.

I love the OG I's and CW's but all this new stuff JB can keep,I dont want JB to do this with any other J's so I guess I can live with allthe
sick.gif
I's

I wouldnt say that they have lost their appeal or luster so to speak, I am just waiting for a decent (I never thought I would see the day when I am waiting fora decent pair of Jordans to drop) pair to come out from JB to at least warrant the Jordan 1's existence, because right now they need to be put out topasture.

For all of you "older heads who remember when the 1 came out" harken bacc to that golden time and tell me, wise gents, how many colorways did they drop the first time around ? ? ? Over 30 if my info is correct (I'm 26 so don't remember the 1 dropping though I was alive) so why do people keep making these redundant "they're killing the 1" " the 1 is the new Dunk" "they make too many colors of the 1" threads ?

I bet in 1985-86 metallic green or purple was not the most desired colorway for the first edition of the Nike Air Jordan. Nonetheless, they dropped and people copped.... so is it really that much of a stretch of the imagination that BJ (Brand Jordan, the actual name) would, in 2K9, drop a couple dozen more colors to appeal to their target audience, whom I'm sad to say is not you "older heads" ? ? ?

The Jordan 1 is my favorite signature and I have a dozen pair....my grail is finally being released in September (School Days) OG Blacc/Soft Grey. Do I wish EVERY 1 dropped would be an OG color??? Of course I do, but that NEVER happens so let's move on to topics with more.... substance ? ? ? I'm sure they all will in time.
ohwell.gif

Back then only a few colorways were released to the general public, most of the non-bulls colorways were provided to colleges endorsed by Nike.You make it sound like we were flooded with them like we are today. I'm just going to leave it that, seems like you have some real emotion tided into theI's so we'll just move on, but real quick you could have EASILY just moved on past this thread and found one that had more substance for your taste,sorry your grail is being pimped out. I'm sure they all will in time.
ohwell.gif

It's the consumers fault for buying all of the garbage cw's JB has provided...I can see this happening with other sig shoes, but we'll see.

Originally Posted by YDBoUnCe

Originally Posted by aphexacid

All models have hideous colorways.

If you buy what appeals to YOU, then you wont have any problems.

QFT
and some models are just hideous...
To me JB can make 1000 horrible colorways of the 1 but the design will always be classic regardless.
As long as I like certain colorway I'll want to cop em, regardless of how some may feel the sneaker is being exploited....
It's just like how NTers like the ZK3, the 23s and various other designs I find atrocious, It doesn't stop them from liking it.

IMO to each his own, I can't really say I agree...
So true.

I def feel you. the I hi's in OG colors still are sick, but all these others are not my cup of tea.
as far as what others that have sort of lost their appeal, after the toro and next months the Vs are starting to lose their appeal. they were my first Js inthe 5th grade and these new colors are too fruity to me. still love the OG colors but that's about it

people think about it, its like every other week a new color, or hue, new weird types of materials pops up so if jb put out the same OG colorways and same OGquality every year how many people would buy them each month or year.

JB is just trying to keep up and keep there name on the top

Originally Posted by JStar25

For all of you "older heads who remember when the 1 came out" harken bacc to that golden time and tell me, wise gents, how many colorways did they drop the first time around ? ? ? Over 30 if my info is correct (I'm 26 so don't remember the 1 dropping though I was alive) so why do people keep making these redundant "they're killing the 1" " the 1 is the new Dunk" "they make too many colors of the 1" threads ?

I bet in 1985-86 metallic green or purple was not the most desired colorway for the first edition of the Nike Air Jordan. Nonetheless, they dropped and people copped.... so is it really that much of a stretch of the imagination that BJ (Brand Jordan, the actual name) would, in 2K9, drop a couple dozen more colors to appeal to their target audience, whom I'm sad to say is not you "older heads" ? ? ?

The Jordan 1 is my favorite signature and I have a dozen pair....my grail is finally being released in September (School Days) OG Blacc/Soft Grey. Do I wish EVERY 1 dropped would be an OG color??? Of course I do, but that NEVER happens so let's move on to topics with more.... substance ? ? ? I'm sure they all will in time.
ohwell.gif
Back then only a few colorways were released to the general public, most of the non-bulls colorways were provided to colleges endorsed by Nike. You make it sound like we were flooded with them like we are today. I'm just going to leave it that, seems like you have some real emotion tided into the I's so we'll just move on, but real quick you could have EASILY just moved on past this thread and found one that had more substance for your taste, sorry your grail is being pimped out. I'm sure they all will in time.
ohwell.gif

Well thank you JStar for providing me with some information I was not abreast of. I was not aware that most of the non-Bulls colorways wereschool exclusives and/or the forerunner of what today we call "P.E." I'm simply stating for those who may not know (yourself not includedobviously) that the original Air Jordan did indeed release in over 30 colors, schools/regions notwithstanding. A lot of people just like to make threads thatother people will quiccly flocc to attaccing one product or another (Spizikes, CDP, Air Jordan 1, etc.) just to seem cool I guess.

All in all, thanks for the tidbit of info and I wasnt flaming you in any way, just trying to historically fill in the blanks for those youngsters who may notknow....
smokin.gif

newer CW's just don't make the cut...but when it comes to OG CW's they will still def have that wow factor

All in all, thanks for the tidbit of info and I wasnt flaming you in any way, just trying to historically fill in the blanks for those youngsters who may not know....
smokin.gif

It's cool, sorry I took it outta context as flaming.

I wasn't trying to attack the product but I do know exactly what you mean. My thread stemmed from a conversation I had with a few people and I was like letme post a thread and see what others think cause we were all pretty much in agreement. OG colorway I's are still fresh the Black and Grey's will becopped.
smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom