Is there any other Jordan that has lost it's appeal like the Air Jordan I?

What's up NT,
Okay so I'm a bit older than most on NT, I was actually alive when the Air Jordan I dropped and saw people go ape___ over them. Always had and willhave an appreciation for them for changing the sneaker world. Anyway the Air Jordan I use to be a straight up CLASSIC, just seeing someone wearing them justmade you realize they were hip to the sneaker game without really having to ask.
Now we have like 30 different colorways that have been released in the past 2-3 years. The shoe is now common place and no longer has the "WOW"factor when I see them. I mean seriously Polka Dots? So my question is does anyone else feel this way about the Air Jordan I and/or do you feel this way aboutany other Air Jordan?

(sorry if this topic was brought up before.)

I feel u homie. I was into shoes before it was cool. I used to look at the black and red aj1 as the sickest shoe but now we got the straps, the dots, thepacks, lowtops and etc... JB killed it for us older heads. Ppl will buy anything which gives JB the green light to keep at it with these insane colors. Ihonestly dont look at jordans the same way now... The BLK/red XI cdp was horrible. That was one of my favorite shoes, but they killed it... Expect all the XIsto have the same shape as the cdp...

I still think the og (retro or not) colors give that "wow" factor, so I just focus on those. They're just trying to milk the 1 for everythingthey can. Soon they'll move on to another shoe and produce 40 cw's for it.

All models have hideous colorways.

If you buy what appeals to YOU, then you wont have any problems.

I still get the "wow" feeling if I see an OG Jordan on someone's feet.

I get what you're saying with the 1s being everywhere now. I really don't get the "wow" feeling or stop and stare at Jordans with polka dotsbut if I see an OG or some real good colorway then that's something else.

Originally Posted by never wear them

I feel u homie. I was into shoes before it was cool. I used to look at the black and red aj1 as the sickest shoe but now we got the straps, the dots, the packs, lowtops and etc... JB killed it for us older heads. Ppl will buy anything which gives JB the green light to keep at it with these insane colors. I honestly dont look at jordans the same way now... The BLK/red XI cdp was horrible. That was one of my favorite shoes, but they killed it... Expect all the XIs to have the same shape as the cdp...
as a old school shoehead i am with you , i remember when the aj 1's came out and were the hottest shoes on the planet but now jordan has takenthe 1's to a alltime low

and the way things are going it looks like the rest of 1-23 signature line will follow....................................peace

i think the glut of hideous colorways for the VIII tarnished the model somewhat, especially that brown and pink monstrosity that they tried to pump to women

but i agree it is pretty tragic what has become of the I

and what will become of all of the models before it's said and done

Originally Posted by aphexacid

All models have hideous colorways.

If you buy what appeals to YOU, then you wont have any problems.

QFT
and some models are just hideous...
To me JB can make 1000 horrible colorways of the 1 but the design will always be classic regardless.
As long as I like certain colorway I'll want to cop em, regardless of how some may feel the sneaker is being exploited....
It's just like how NTers like the ZK3, the 23s and various other designs I find atrocious, It doesn't stop them from liking it.

IMO to each his own, I can't really say I agree...

Originally Posted by Rafool

I still get the "wow" feeling if I see an OG Jordan on someone's feet.

I get what you're saying with the 1s being everywhere now. I really don't get the "wow" feeling or stop and stare at Jordans with polka dots but if I see an OG or some real good colorway then that's something else.
Yeah

Agreed. Jordan 1s now almost seem like those other generic/team jordans that they release nowadays. Jordans 2-23 Will get the extra look on peoples feet.

ya Ill still buy a clean I, it seems to me as if the 60+ pack is an entirely diff sneaker from the phats, velcros, straps, polka dots etc. - theyre more of ateam JB crapout now

I dont think there are any others that lost their appeal to me in the same way, just some I slightly cooled down for

most jays have lost their appeal at this point. nike sportswear is bodying them.
sick.gif

1's have been diluted.

IV's, V's, and VII's have been done an injustice with the awful colorways, shapes, and quality.

i only have that 'wow' factor for og colorways...
and even with the bmps, im like ok whatever...

when i see one of the newer, common aj1's im jus like meh. when i seee suttin that is bonafide heat that is a different story.

I still love the Jordan 1 (og colorways only). All the crappy colorways they slap on them now...I just see them as Dunks or a Jordan team shoe of some kind.

Some of my favorite models have certainly lost their wow factor. Ex. Jordan XI (cdp), Jordan XII (cdp), Jordan III, Jordan IV

all jordans have lost their appeal...to me at least. the quality and changes in their original look have soured the line for me. this coming from someonewho's first jordan was in '85/'86. until they produce some quality(like the very beginning), my purchases will be few and far between.

Originally Posted by yeerp

i think the glut of hideous colorways for the VIII tarnished the model somewhat, especially that brown and pink monstrosity that they tried to pump to women

but i agree it is pretty tragic what has become of the I

and what will become of all of the models before it's said and done
YESSSS

Back
Top Bottom