is there LIFE after COLLEGE?

im taking little classes on keeping a positive attitudes and how life can sometimes rear end the problem is i'm 25 years old haven't had much of a child hood and had an even lesser teenage mini child hood i havent had many friends and not many girlfriends but i guess it takes all of that going away to see what importance is in my life im soo trying to keep a positive attitude its not even funny

Originally Posted by Fox5Kobe

im taking little classes on keeping a positive attitudes and how life can sometimes rear end the problem is i'm 25 years old haven't had much of a child hood and had an even lesser teenage mini child hood i havent had many friends and not many girlfriends but i guess it takes all of that going away to see what importance is in my life im soo trying to keep a positive attitude its not even funny
Graduating especially in this economy can be intimidating for anyone. Just look at it as a you making a sacrifice and planting the seeds for a very successful life. Hard-work, perseverance and discipline pays off.

Go out, meet new people, make new friends, join a club, volunteer. Being around people and going out of your comfort zone can make all the difference.

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Originally Posted by Fox5Kobe

wow, y'all got me scared. check it though I haven't even graduated and I'm stuck in a town where it looks like all the jobs offering are basically $9 and I don't know if it goes up the transportation I have none and I'm in the middle of nowhere... i said worser on purpose i could have said it gets worse and worse but i tried to stress the (ER) part because worser brings the ER in which brings the importance of my life needing some sort of nurse/hospital help like seriously
Damn, my bad fam my intention wasn't to scare or discourage you. I shouldn't be complaining I'm doing ok....just hang in there things will work themselves out. I'm just salty cause
College>>>>any other period of my life. Never give up hope.

haha, same exact thing with me. COLLEGE>> my ENTIRE LIFE. now its gone and so are most of my friends and I'm living downstate NY in the middle of nowhere with no car, not much money, no longer a girlfriend, no college life, no job just my family here paying the bills they are supposed to be and i'm stuck looking at them basically have almost everything they want because they worked hard for it but still i feel like things will get better but when i use the word TIME i just wonder how long its going to take before I get a chance at having a decent life... i be wanting to the lottery these days something i 've never thought of before i'm even become more spiritual I'm beginning to see why people change for either the better or worse certain times life can hand you lemons with no idea how to make lemonade

take everything you own. now sell it. take out as many loans as you can (your not gonna pay em back anyway). move to an exotic island with beautiful women and live of the land. buy a little shack on the shore, learn to fish and eat fruits. marry a local woman raise a family. what is life really about anyways. paying taxes and rent and car notes, expensive clothes and shoes. i don't think so

Originally Posted by High Class Scum Bag

Life is a slow death after college, anybody who tells you otherwise is lying.
ohwell.gif

this is true...the years go by faster and faster...unless you're lucky,you more than likely won't be doing what you planned with your life..no more x-mas, spring, summer or fall breaks every 6 weeks..
the real world is full of layoffs, downsizing, working w/ idiots twice your age that you have nothing in common with, bigger bills, family and responsibility...

Word.....aside from school work in college you had no real worries.

I had everything I ever needed in life, in my own little bubble. Women, the gym, great friends, good food, parties all within walking distance.
tired.gif
I couldn't disagree with you more but I maybe i'm biased because I work full time and am in college full time. I can't wait to graduate
pimp.gif

Ya'll got dudes in here shook
laugh.gif
. Its definitely not easy and I found that out quick but it isnt that bad. Freedom=a ton responsibility

Originally Posted by the north west

ohwell.gif
I couldn't disagree with you more
Co-sign. I hated college so I couldnt wait to get out of there. I enjoy my life so much more now that I dont have to go to school. Maybe part of the reason is because I enjoy my job for the most part. I also like getting paid for the work I do. 

Originally Posted by CaBron James 23

if your girl and friends left you just because you dropped out of college, then they werent your real friends. You shouldnt be stressing over them.
Pretty much.

OP, this is not the end of the world. You need to pick yourself up, make a plan for your future, and do all you can to get there. This bump in the road is just a means to an end, and it will make you stronger in the end if you do your part. You need to meet the universe halfway.

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

ohwell.gif
Co-sign. I hated college so I couldnt wait to get out of there. I enjoy my life so much more now that I dont have to go to school. Maybe part of the reason is because I enjoy my job for the most part. I also like getting paid for the work I do. 

I graduated from college, but I've been working since I was 15-16, and work has always been >>>>> school. I've learned way more doing research through jobs than I ever did in my Biology classes. I'm in grad school part-time right now, and still, work >>>> school.

Originally Posted by BlackStilettos

ohwell.gif

I graduated from college, but I've been working since I was 15-16, and work has always been >>>>> school. I've learned way more doing research through jobs than I ever did in my Biology classes. I'm in grad school part-time right now, and still, work >>>> school.

Yup, have learned 10X more just by working than I ever did in school. College tought me alot of good stuff, but also alot of stuff I have already forgot or will never use in my lifetime. I do think its a HUGE mistake not to go to college though. 

Originally Posted by BlackStilettos

ohwell.gif

The only useful thing that I took away from college was critical and analytical thinking

fam... i'm finna kick some real stuff, so listen up...

GRIND HARDER, G....

folks say stuff like "you slowly die after college" is bull... that jus mean they peaked then... same as cats who say "high school was the days" and always wanna chop about back then are the same way... YOU dont wanna peak then... you wanna move forwrd...

times is tough... but no one really understands how tough it is till folks have to go thru stuff ALONE... ya gal, ya homeys... all them dipped out on you, and that's understandable... but i highly doubt that they not kickin it w/ ya just cuz you aint graduate, g... its prolly just cuz you let this "not graduating" think play on your confidence.... and confidence always plays a part...

understand this too, bro.... ITS ALWAYS DARKEST BEFORE DAWN, mayne... you gotta keep that chin up... its easy to say... hard to do... hard as hell to do by yaself... but you gotta do it.. cuz i promise you, g... if you think positive, positive things will happen... it might not happen when you want... but keep ya faith... god... buddha... ali... ANYTHING that can make you feel good and comfortable... KEEP THAT IN MIND, G...

College is meh to me...

I can't wait to get out. Not really sure but I have no problems on being a bum for a while trying to make it at whatever my heart desires. If I fail I go to law school and have no life for a couple years.

Originally Posted by theekinqq

take everything you own. now sell it. take out as many loans as you can (your not gonna pay em back anyway). move to an exotic island with beautiful women and live of the land. buy a little shack on the shore, learn to fish and eat fruits. marry a local woman raise a family. what is life really about anyways. paying taxes and rent and car notes, expensive clothes and shoes. i don't think so
pimp.gif
 And my dude handle sounding like Manny Escuela 

Originally Posted by Wade187

Originally Posted by theekinqq

pimp.gif
 And my dude handle sounding like Manny Escuela 

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by High Class Scum Bag

ohwell.gif

this is true...the years go by faster and faster...unless you're lucky,you more than likely won't be doing what you planned with your life..no more x-mas, spring, summer or fall breaks every 6 weeks..
the real world is full of layoffs, downsizing, working w/ idiots twice your age that you have nothing in common with, bigger bills, family and responsibility...
This.

ohwell.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I used to think that way....but things just slow down a bit in certain aspects of life.....other parts pick up fast....life will eat you up if you let it....go back to school graduate...figure out what you want to do....no hurry....I am going back for my masters.....I have held, lost, started, ended jobs/businesses.....LIVE LIFE.....

Life after college is a GRIND.

Anyone who tells you different either isn't working or isn't working hard enough.

Back
Top Bottom