is there LIFE after COLLEGE?

okay, so I didn't graduate from College. But, I spent a few years in the college system and now that I'm out and actually living elsewhere like not in a college town i'm feeling the repercussions of not graduating. I can't find a job, and I lost everything including my shorty and most of my friends... it seems like everyone has moved on except for me. Life is real and i'm beginning to learn that little by little life is becoming more real by the day. I need to find a job seriously like soon and begin supporting myself. My resume is aite and I've held jobs I've also begun taking medication for paranoid, so yeah, imagine being me for a day. It seems like ever since I didn't graduate things are just getting worser worser for me since I DIDNT GRADUATE... my question is first I need major support for my NIKETALK FAM and needing to know what to do so I can get back on my feet.

its hard right now especially the lost of my shorty that hurt me more than anything
frown.gif

i lost music which was extremely important to me www.myspace.com/fmoneymusic & www.myspace.com/fastmmusic

HELP ME OUT, Y'ALL

there is always a chance to fix whatever situation you may be in.

do you know what you want to do with life? not necessarily career wise, but in general....

Originally Posted by SiMPLYDiMPLY

do you know what you want to do with life? not necessarily career wise, but in general....

as of right now, I want to save enough money to get my own apartment. I've been tryna find friends to move in with hoping that they lend me a place to stay while i work and save up money in the college town I used to live in and that hasn't worked one bit. i'm like wow, so do friends also show true colors after colllege?!? this doesn't feel real i swear!!!

get on your grind and do everything possible to build experience/skill and connects in a field you have an interest in

volunteering and or internships are great resume and experience builders

short term money is not as important as building a skill or knowledge that will get you a career

and honestly a BA or BS does not give you that much of an edge over other people

bottom line is to get on your grind and try to stay focused and positive

if your girl and friends left you just because you dropped out of college, then they werent your real friends. You shouldnt be stressing over them.

I did want to get into music but it seems like getting heard is harder than getting an autograph from the man on the moon... i'm taking real. I'm just tryna get heard and get some feedback and I have no idea where to go. I'm looking back on life like all that time i spent tryna perfect my first demo which was a double disc with 18 tracks on each CD I could have put some of it into my schoolwork and I was also filming youtube videos and I'm looking back on things like none of that matters all that hardwork even my schoolwork i'm at a position in life where it seems like nothing is real the last thing I'm tryna be is homeless

well i owe money about 3gs plus so going back as of right now is hard and my friends didnt leave me because i didnt graduate but our relationship since i left hasn't been the same granted they are working and have their own lives but i'm sooo confused and lost i'm just looking at my life understanding there's no coming back from gold, real talk.

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Life is a slow death after college, anybody who tells you otherwise is lying.
ohwell.gif

this is true...the years go by faster and faster...unless you're lucky,you more than likely won't be doing what you planned with your life..no more x-mas, spring, summer or fall breaks every 6 weeks..
the real world is full of layoffs, downsizing, working w/ idiots twice your age that you have nothing in common with, bigger bills, family and responsibility...

Originally Posted by Fox5Kobe

as of right now, I want to save enough money to get my own apartment. I've been tryna find friends to move in with hoping that they lend me a place to stay while i work and save up money in the college town I used to live in and that hasn't worked one bit. i'm like wow, so do friends also show true colors after colllege?!? this doesn't feel real i swear!!!
that's nice and everything, but you cant rely on anyone. not to sound like a motivational speaker and whatnot, but i mean what do you want to be doing in 10 years? not to scare you or anything, but do you want to be working wherever living with your friends? what do you wanna DO?

i was there where you are (kinda) before and i was really lost, i dropped out of school, messed up, broke up with my bf of 2.5 years, my father almost died, i was a mess. i didnt even want to live.. life was pointless to me. but i took time off and figured out what i wanted from life, what made me happy, and i worked hard and i put myself back in school, and im really happy now.

i know it sucks to feel like this but endure it... messing up my life was the best thing i could have ever done. it will get better if you let it and work hard for it.

Originally Posted by High Class Scum Bag

ohwell.gif

this is true...the years go by faster and faster...unless you're lucky,you more than likely won't be doing what you planned with your life..no more x-mas, spring, summer or fall breaks every 6 weeks..
the real world is full of layoffs, downsizing, working w/ idiots twice your age that you have nothing in common with, bigger bills, family and responsibility...

Word.....aside from school work in college you had no real worries.

I had everything I ever needed in life, in my own little bubble. Women, the gym, great friends, good food, parties all within walking distance.
tired.gif

wow, y'all got me scared. check it though I haven't even graduated and I'm stuck in a town where it looks like all the jobs offering are basically $9 and I don't know if it goes up the transportation I have none and I'm in the middle of nowhere... i said worser on purpose i could have said it gets worse and worse but i tried to stress the (ER) part because worser brings the ER in which brings the importance of my life needing some sort of nurse/hospital help like seriously

Originally Posted by SpeakUp23

ohwell.gif

Damn dude, thats horrible
tired.gif

Its pretty bad... i'm fresh out.. but things will get better soon I believe..

*edit*

It could always be worse...

or as some would say... "Worser"
laugh.gif

that's nice and everything, but you cant rely on anyone. not to sound like a motivational speaker and whatnot, but i mean what do you want to be doing in 10 years? not to scare you or anything, but do you want to be working wherever living with your friends? what do you wanna DO?

i was there where you are (kinda) before and i was really lost, i dropped out of school, messed up, broke up with my bf of 2.5 years, my father almost died, i was a mess. i didnt even want to live.. life was pointless to me. but i took time off and figured out what i wanted from life, what made me happy, and i worked hard and i put myself back in school, and im really happy now.

i know it sucks to feel like this but endure it... messing up my life was the best thing i could have ever done. it will get better if you let it and work hard for it.

i really appreciate this right here. its real talk. in 10 years i haven't even thought that far as far as skills i don't know any of mine im trying to be realistic but I'm actually pretty good as music but there's no way for me to get heard or get to anyone of importance so they can give me a thumbs up or thumbs down im sooo LOST i messed up a lot of my life to this point and the more i look back the more depression knocks at my door

wow, y'all got me scared. check it though I haven't even graduated and I'm stuck in a town where it looks like all the jobs offering are basically $9 and I don't know if it goes up the transportation I have none and I'm in the middle of nowhere... i said worser on purpose i could have said it gets worse and worse but i tried to stress the (ER) part because worser brings the ER in which brings the importance of my life needing some sort of nurse/hospital help like seriously
indifferent.gif
Yeah...wow.

Anyways, you need to slow down and see what you want and how you can go about achieving it. Your attitude towards everything isn't helping you at all either. Start somewhere, establish your goals and take steps towards it. Things will start working out with time.

Damn, my bad fam my intention wasn't to scare or discourage you. I shouldn't be complaining I'm doing ok....just hang in there things will work themselves out. I'm just salty cause
College>>>>any other period of my life. Never give up hope.

Back
Top Bottom