is this an issue of race

well, if the parents had been black, we would've probably never even heard of the incident. In such a situation, the story would have received little to nonews coverage on behalf of the national media. The local media might have given the story more coverage though.

Originally Posted by Jumpshot

well, if the parents had been black, we would've probably never even heard of the incident. In such a situation, the story would have received little to no news coverage on behalf of the national media. The local media might have given the story more coverage though.

Info on you avy?

Originally Posted by Jumpshot

well, if the parents had been black, we would've probably never even heard of the incident. In such a situation, the story would have received little to no news coverage on behalf of the national media. The local media might have given the story more coverage though.

qft

Parents would of definitively been hit with some child abuse and neglect charges.

not making it an issue of race...just wondering if, and when the media is going to realize the obvious issue of neglect, and child abuse in this case.

A kid left and got lost and tired in the woods. He was found and treated how is this a issue of race? Parents cant look out for him 24/7

PLUS WHO EATS HOTDOGS AND MILK TOGETHER?

it prob. would have been the same,
but less 'popular'
like they would not even mention it a lot....

Originally Posted by YoSoyTuPapa

not making it an issue of race...just wondering if, and when the media is going to realize the obvious issue of neglect, and child abuse in this case.
eh?

Originally Posted by hellaones

Parents would of definitively been hit with some child abuse and neglect charges.
grin.gif

its a question of viewpoints....this is the second story i have heard in the past month...that had me like damn...at some point its not ok to glorify asituation where a child could have potentially lost thier life...Its a child...there should be some form of punishment for the parents...and not just put onnational TV as if its ok because they found him...plus on a local note i know of a situation where the parents where drug through the mud for loosing thierchild...and the family was black...but i do believe that there is an underline racial tone for this situation.

Back
Top Bottom