Is this dude trying to scheme?

I'll make this short...

>Sold a pair of flyknits on ebay
>Shipped them out & provided a tracking number
>Then dude messages me with "You forgot to add the apartment number"
>So I checked the confirmed shipping address on paypal and there was no mention of an apartment number

So now I'm sitting here thinking he's just gonna claim that he never received the item and then somehow win a dispute over paypal and screw me over. Is this a new thing now? Haven't bought/sold sneakers in years so I'm just wondering if this is common nowadays.

Any input appreciated, thanks.

If he opens a case, you do this.......
CALL PAYPAL, tell them you have a claim that you want closed. The Filipinos who work at Paypal will close that case LIKE "THIS", They work in a matter of fact way that doesn't require democratic situations such as an apartment number. THE LAST THING YOU WANT IS TO TALK TO AN AMERICAN!!

How did he even know you forgot the apartment number when the tracking information does not show an address?

I've dealt in a similar situation. If he does open a case and the tracking shows delivered.

Call paypal.

Go to paypal and read how you as a seller should do everything to protect yourself.

Read it carefully and you will not get screwed.

From last I remember if the package shows delivered then you should be fine.

Go to paypal and read it though so you can know.

How did he even know you forgot the apartment number when the tracking information does not show an address?
That's what I'm thinking as well...How many feedbacks does the buyer have?

Also, if the shoes you sold were over $250 and you didn't include signature confirmation you could be screwed.  If it's under $250, you should be fine as long as it shows "Delivered" on the tracking, to the address on their Paypal.

Back
Top Bottom