Is this life?

Originally Posted by TH0MAS CR0WN

Originally Posted by whywesteppin

You gotta do it your way. The trick is to become smart and confident with yourself and with life so that you're comfortable with saying "#%$% the system, I don't need you to tell me how life should go. I'm gonna do it my way."
To me, life is about people and humanity. It's about love. It's about being so good at whatever you do that you can do stuff for the people you love. It's a point where you don't have to be the center of your own universe because you've got yourself taken care of. It's about knowing yourself, knowing how to get what you want, and knowing what you truly want.

The things you list (school, work, family, retire) should not be things you aspire to. Instead, you should aspire to what you want in life. And with time you will find that you end up aspiring for the things you listed. No matter how independent you try to be, eventually you're going to reach a point where you realize things mean nothing if they are kept to yourself. You will want someone to share your experiences with... leading to marriage. You'll want someone to pass your empire to, your knowledge to, etc.... someone who can continue what you started.... leading to children. Maybe you'll start off thinking you can do everything on your own, but then you'll realize others have been through it and have passed on their knowledge in books... leading you to go to school, or at least to an interest in reading and learning. You'll want something useful to come out of your life... so you'll find a career and work. And eventually you'll want to break completely free of the bounds placed on you by a job, so you'll retire.

I know that feeling, where everything in life seems useless because it's the same as what everyone else is doing. What's the point? Why are we stepping?

When you can answer that you'll be o.k.

you are so wise. Like a miniature buddha, with hair

PostAttachmentImage.ashx
laugh.gif
.... but well said... i completely agree with what you said. people get caught up thinking life is all about them, when in reality its about the everyday interactions with other people that make our lives

I live my life in anticipation of having my own family and enjoying every moment with my family that I do have while I can.

Working allows me to make money to insure me and my family live as comfortably as possible.

In my opinion life is nothing without family and love.

Originally Posted by YouMadYouBad

Correct me if im wrong, but this is the equation that i see 70% of the people in my life do or plan to do.

School + Work + Family + Retire
+ Die = Life

Am i missing something?

Sorry but i think life is a bunch of BS. .

Correct me if  I'm wrong NT.

So someday IF you raise a family you're going to question yourself about this?
And one day when you retire you're going to look back and say "That was my life?"
C'mon dude.

"Success is not a destination, it's a journey."

Back
Top Bottom